Do you agree with O'Reilly that we should let Al Qaeda attack San Francisco? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:42:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you agree with O'Reilly that we should let Al Qaeda attack San Francisco? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: Do you agree with O'Reilly that we should let Al Qaeda attack San Francisco?  (Read 4579 times)
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 12, 2005, 02:31:59 AM »

O'Reilly seems to be coming a little unhinged lately.

At this point, I can't tolerate any of those political shows.  They're either a bunch of people screaming at each other, or they spend the whole hour talking about the latest missing blonde.  There is simply too much dead air time to fill.  I'd rather watch reruns of Law and Order, or something like that.

If only the rest of the country could realize this...
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 08:05:34 PM »

I don't have a source, but a usually reliable friend of mine that reads more news than I do apparenlty saw somewhere that O'Reilly's ratings have been tanking, and thus he's been resulting to more outlandish things to say to get people's attention.

This could be 100% false, but in theory, it definitely makes sense. Anyone have the most recent ratings of Fox News shows at hand?
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 09:09:02 PM »

I don't have a source, but a usually reliable friend of mine that reads more news than I do apparenlty saw somewhere that O'Reilly's ratings have been tanking, and thus he's been resulting to more outlandish things to say to get people's attention.

This could be 100% false, but in theory, it definitely makes sense. Anyone have the most recent ratings of Fox News shows at hand?

I don't know the ratings but I wouldn't be surprised if you were right.

Most people I know tell me they can't tolerate these cable news shows anymore, and I feel the same way.  At this point, they're just boring.  On political issues, they're not telling me anything I don't already know.  The rest of the time they have people screaming at each other, or they obsess over some missing person, 99% of the time a white woman.

One of the big problems with our media is that they provide no perspective.  Even if they sometimes report well on certain events, they seem to have no way to put it into context of relative importance, and few members of the general public seem to have that ability either.

Perhaps this genre of television has just run its course.

That's one of the most insightful posts on cable news I've seen in a long time. I've been trying to say that for years, but I think now people are starting to listen.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies