Do you agree with O'Reilly that we should let Al Qaeda attack San Francisco? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:18:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you agree with O'Reilly that we should let Al Qaeda attack San Francisco? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 46

Author Topic: Do you agree with O'Reilly that we should let Al Qaeda attack San Francisco?  (Read 4582 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: November 12, 2005, 12:33:46 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 03:24:21 AM »

jfern, and everyone else, don't take him seriously.  Take it as comic relief.  If he's gonna make an arse of himself, it's better to laugh than think he's serious and get angry in his favor or against.

Oh, don't worry, me and my friend sometimes would watch him, and laugh at how "fair and balanced" it was.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 05:42:11 PM »

jfern, and everyone else, don't take him seriously.  Take it as comic relief.  If he's gonna make an arse of himself, it's better to laugh than think he's serious and get angry in his favor or against.

Oh, don't worry, me and my friend sometimes would watch him, and laugh at how "fair and balanced" it was.

Actually, the "fair and balanced" claim does not apply to opinion shows, like O'Reilly or Hannity and Colmes or Greta's show.  They are not news shows.

Well regardless of whether you think it does, the term "no spin zone" is specifically for O'Reilly's show, which seems to imply some sort of reasonably non-biased views. Hoping that San Francisco gets attacked by Al Qaeda does not fall in that catagory.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 09:24:49 PM »

God bless those poor people, living in a virtual insane asylum.
Heh, my mom used to live in San Francisco during the 1970s-1980s. She attended graduate school there and then taught at a number of (grade) schools. As you can imagine, she ultimately moved out. Surprise? I think not. Tongue

It's a shame because San Francisco really is a beautiful city.  But it's getting to the point where it's hard to really consider it part of the United States.  The hippie generation there has just taken over everything.

Are asians usually hippies? It's 30.8% asian compared to a national average of 3.6%. It's also got more people 65+, and more Hispanics.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 03:10:32 AM »

I certainly would rather SF be hit than Dallas or something. They certainly would deserve it collectively, but not every person in SF is a complete loser, just as not every person in SF is queer.

That's ridiciulous. I stand against terrorist attacks, whether they are Kerry's 3rd best county (San Francisco, CA), Kerry's 9th best county (New York, NY), or a more Republican county.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 12:47:58 AM »

If the people of San Fransisco want to advocate anti-military policies, why should other citizens pay the price?

They obviously don't want protection. Maybe if they got it on the chin, others would be more prudent in their actions.

What about the people of Manhattan who advocate anti-military policies? They went almost as strongly for Kerry as San Francisco. Perhaps we should let them get attacked by terrorists?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 12:51:55 AM »

I didn't say WE should attack. I didn't even say I WANTED them to be attacked.

I just said that, if a terrorist attack is totally unavoidable, I'd rather someplace advocating bad policy be hit, because in the long run its in everyone's best interest to have a vigorous policy of self-defense.

So Kerry's 9th and 61st best counties would be far preferable to some place more Republican?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 02:36:48 AM »

The media reports on nothing for a reason. If they wanted an informed populace, they would obviously report on real news. Instead they report on Scott Peterson or whatever to distract people from the serious problems that America faces. I don't give a sh**t about Scott Peterson, and he dumped his wife's body right near where I live.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies