King and Country - Sign up Thread (Old)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:42:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  King and Country - Sign up Thread (Old)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: King and Country - Sign up Thread (Old)  (Read 4849 times)
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2019, 08:54:02 AM »

I'll switch to Spain if it is needed.

Alright, thank you.
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2019, 04:25:00 PM »

I hate to drop out so close to turn end, but with my current workload this semester, I don't think I can put in the effort necessary for the game. Thanks for the great work Wallace and Windjammer, I'll be following this closely!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2019, 05:41:44 AM »

Am assuming turn still going...?
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2019, 06:41:21 AM »

I would hope so; I received an NPC response after midnight.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2019, 12:02:45 PM »

The turn is now closed. When I said midnight I meant CST, but since I wasn't online much yesterday it's not a big deal if you sent messages after the deadline and into today. Expect turn results tonight.
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2019, 04:38:59 PM »

I have a question, the wiki says that the Tsar's son, Alexei Alexeevich died in the year 1670 in OTL, here nothing was mentioned so he is still alive due to the "butterfly effect" or not ?.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2019, 10:47:20 PM »

I just completely ran out of time for this this weekend, and I won't have time in the near future either. So, I'm going to have to put this game on hold indefinitely. I don't know how long it will last, but hopefully we'll be able to start playing again within a month or so. Sorry about what will be a long delay, but based on my schedule it's really unavoidable.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2019, 10:49:31 PM »

I just completely ran out of time for this this weekend, and I won't have time in the near future either. So, I'm going to have to put this game on hold indefinitely. I don't know how long it will last, but hopefully we'll be able to start playing again within a month or so. Sorry about what will be a long delay, but based on my schedule it's really unavoidable.

Real life comes first man, good luck with your stuff.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2019, 03:35:46 AM »

I will miss Merry Monarching but take as long as you need!
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2019, 07:09:47 AM »

Real life comes first man, good luck with your stuff.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2019, 11:30:43 PM »

To my frustration I was unable to play, but I followed the updates with great interest and I must say I was very impressed with the quality of your efforts thus far hosting this game, Wallace. RL can make hosting games very difficult at times and it's always frustrating when one has to take a break, but even if I can't speak up with knowledge of how things went behind the scenes this seems like a damn impressive job.

Congratulations!
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2019, 09:50:12 AM »

To my frustration I was unable to play, but I followed the updates with great interest and I must say I was very impressed with the quality of your efforts thus far hosting this game, Wallace. RL can make hosting games very difficult at times and it's always frustrating when one has to take a break, but even if I can't speak up with knowledge of how things went behind the scenes this seems like a damn impressive job.

Congratulations!

Thanks, Lumine! For a new host like myself it is very encouraging to hear words of approval from a host as legendary as yourself.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2019, 07:47:49 PM »

I was just thinking about this game a lot today, when I realized that coincidentally it had been exactly 1 month since April 7, when I announced its end and said I would update everyone in a month. Well, I'm sorry to say that I don't think this game will ever pick up again. I still do not have the time to host, and I don't know when I will again. For being my first time hosting, I must say that it went much better than I expected, and I would like to thank Assistant GM Windjammer and all the players who participated.

If I ever do host again, my plan would be to set a game in 1725. I feel that one of the main things that brought this game down was the load of work I had to complete for each turn. So if I was to host again, I would like an Assistant GM to take on the responsibilities of calculating military results, writing out those results, and making changes to the map. I would still write all beginning-of-turn prompts, end-of-turn results, and would calculate most turn results other than military results.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2019, 08:00:48 PM »

I was just thinking about this game a lot today, when I realized that coincidentally it had been exactly 1 month since April 7, when I announced its end and said I would update everyone in a month. Well, I'm sorry to say that I don't think this game will ever pick up again. I still do not have the time to host, and I don't know when I will again. For being my first time hosting, I must say that it went much better than I expected, and I would like to thank Assistant GM Windjammer and all the players who participated.

If I ever do host again, my plan would be to set a game in 1725. I feel that one of the main things that brought this game down was the load of work I had to complete for each turn. So if I was to host again, I would like an Assistant GM to take on the responsibilities of calculating military results, writing out those results, and making changes to the map. I would still write all beginning-of-turn prompts, end-of-turn results, and would calculate most turn results other than military results.
I may host a The New Order: Last Days of Europe one soon and it's a shame that this ended, I had a LOT of fun with this.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2019, 10:01:55 PM »

1725 could be fun, I enjoyed the game personally, was a little concerned for how well Id do as a major nation, but I'd say it went okay.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2019, 01:15:06 AM »

I greatly enjoyed myself and lament the game’s passing!

Fans of the 17th century may be glad to hear I still intend to start another game in that period when possible.
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2019, 02:32:25 PM »

It's a shame to see the game end, but I have to say that this was a great game and I had a lot of fun, so thanks for doing this game.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2019, 02:45:31 PM »

This is probably my 2nd favorite history game I've played only behind Dynasties and Empires, I did love this because it was my first crack at a major nation that is in a horrible position and I did botch it a bit, but I would definitely like to play this at some time. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies