Islamophobic shooting in Christchurch, NZ
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:30:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Islamophobic shooting in Christchurch, NZ
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Islamophobic shooting in Christchurch, NZ  (Read 9120 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2019, 12:46:51 AM »

I made the profound mistake of watching the terrorist's video. The most disturbing thing of the many disturbing things about it was that it's remarkable how similar it looks to those stupid video games these people play. I don't expect to have good dreams tonight.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2019, 12:51:23 AM »

I made the profound mistake of watching the terrorist's video. The most disturbing thing of the many disturbing things about it was that it's remarkable how similar it looks to those stupid video games these people play. I don't expect to have good dreams tonight.

I saw it on accident and now am legit having a big mental breakdown over it. I can't ever unsee those images or unhear the gunshots and screaming. It made me think about my family, I won't even go to Friday prayers tomorrow because of this.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2019, 01:08:18 AM »

I saw it on accident and now am legit having a big mental breakdown over it. I can't ever unsee those images or unhear the gunshots and screaming. It made me think about my family, I won't even go to Friday prayers tomorrow because of this.
You can’t let the monsters clout your mind with fear my brother. You must find the strength, either from yourself or through the assistance of your god if you must, to be brave tomorrow and pray with your family in public. Pray for thankfulness of your families health and prosperity, and for god to grant the quick recovery of those harmed in this instance and elsewhere by the evil in this world. If you must, pray for the forgiveness in you to these monsters soon to be judged by your lord himself. Rest soon and well, but for the good of us all go show how brave you are to the world tomorrow.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2019, 01:12:04 AM »
« Edited: March 15, 2019, 07:28:35 AM by Mr. Rogers' Bunkerhood »

Why is the video even being shared, or rather, why is it allowed to be? Anyone caught sharing it, probably filling the killers with pride that their "work" is being seen by others, should be charged and sentenced as if they were part of the attack. Any media outlet sharing it needs shut down.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2019, 01:14:22 AM »

Why is the video even being shared, or rather, why is it allowed to be? Anyone caught sharing it, probably filling the killers with pride that their "work" is being seen by others, should be charged and sentenced as if they were part of the attack. Any media outlet sharing it needs shut down.

And nobody should be surprised Tender is making the posts he's making, after all he shares his birth country with Hitler...
Don’t confuse all Austrians with the growing mass of evil sweeping Austria. That same evil is all around us, yet is being fought and rejected by the Austrians who reject the rise in Fascism.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2019, 03:43:15 AM »

The Nazis filmed their own atrocities. You just don't hear the jibes and comments they made on their films.

Life without parole for this guy. Don't make him a martyr.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2019, 03:49:51 AM »

The Nazis filmed their own atrocities. You just don't hear the jibes and comments they made on their films.

New Zealand doesn't have the death penalty.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2019, 03:52:20 AM »

RIP, and my condolences to all the families involved Sad

30 deaths (I think?) is a big tragedy and a big terrorist attack.

Also, I wonder if 8chan (if it was really involved and supporting the attack) will be closed.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2019, 04:06:37 AM »

Please don't slander New Zealand, and please don't make dumb, nasty posts about this tragedy. New Zealand and the vast, vast majority of people in it are tolerant, compassionate and peace-loving, and I echo Jacinda's message that those responsible are not at all representative of New Zealand.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2019, 04:33:42 AM »

This is a horrifying tragedy.

Be mindful of what you're posting here.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2019, 04:41:41 AM »
« Edited: March 15, 2019, 05:21:42 AM by Hammy »

Please don't slander New Zealand, and please don't make dumb, nasty posts about this tragedy. New Zealand and the vast, vast majority of people in it are tolerant, compassionate and peace-loving, and I echo Jacinda's message that those responsible are not at all representative of New Zealand.

I personally don't blame New Zealand--I'd blame Australia if anything since it was their spawn that carried this out.

Though this comes off a bit as being less concerned with the people who were killed, or lost loved ones, and more concerned with what it does to the country's image.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2019, 04:41:42 AM »

I'll merge these threads later. A gentle reminder not to share 8chan links or links to the video.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2019, 04:46:34 AM »

The 'funny' thing is, posting a mass murder on the internet is exactly what ISIS used to do.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2019, 05:22:10 AM »
« Edited: March 15, 2019, 05:26:38 AM by Meclazine »

The 28-year-old alleged Christchurch gunman identified as former Grafton local. NSW Australia.

Brenton Tarrant attended Grafton High School before getting his qualifications in fitness.

He used an AR-15 and similar weapons to the Las Vegas shooting.

No military training.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.abc.net.au/article/10904744

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2019, 05:22:30 AM »

RIP, and my condolences to all the families involved Sad

30 deaths (I think?) is a big tragedy and a big terrorist attack.

Also, I wonder if 8chan (if it was really involved and supporting the attack) will be closed.

Death toll is already 49 and rising. Heartbreaking.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2019, 05:44:14 AM »

iAs always, Ironic the descendants of people who murdered the local inhabitants and took their land call peaceful immigrants "invaders".

Also can we maybe not give this walking cancer pile attention by spreading the video around?
New Zealand was mostly uninhabited when the British settlers arrived.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2019, 06:14:12 AM »

I personally don't blame New Zealand--I'd blame Australia if anything since it was their spawn that carried this out.

Though this comes off a bit as being less concerned with the people who were killed, or lost loved ones, and more concerned with what it does to the country's image.

Ultimately, the place they were born is not the main contributor. What happened in New Zealand is the culmination of the alt-right ideology fermented on sites such as 8-chan where he literally posted he was gonna shoot folks and they cheered him on.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2019, 06:32:23 AM »

New Zealand doesn't have the death penalty.

Indeed, but I'm sure someone might be very tempted to kill him in prison.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2019, 06:45:22 AM »

In an awful way, I think we've seen hard evidence that restrictive gun laws have an effect. I can't think of any other reason why Australians would travel to a country with laxer gun laws to do something they otherwise had ample targets to do at home.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2019, 06:49:32 AM »

In an awful way, I think we've seen hard evidence that restrictive gun laws have an effect. I can't think of any other reason why Australians would travel to a country with laxer gun laws to do something they otherwise had ample targets to do at home.

It is virtually impossible for Australians to get these guns used today.

Never seen one.

If you are caught with them illegally, you will face jail time.

There has been a slow build up of anti-immigrant anti-muslim sentiment worldwide since the Syrian civil war, so targetting NZ or Australia or Tender is completely pointless.

This man is solely responsible.

After Port Arthur in 1996, fully and semi-automatic military grade rifles were banned in Australia and we have not had a mass shooting since.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2019, 06:56:17 AM »

iAs always, Ironic the descendants of people who murdered the local inhabitants and took their land call peaceful immigrants "invaders".

Also can we maybe not give this walking cancer pile attention by spreading the video around?

Lol no
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2019, 07:02:14 AM »
« Edited: March 15, 2019, 07:26:37 AM by Mr. Rogers' Bunkerhood »

Ever heard of the Maori people?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2019, 07:02:51 AM »

Lol no

I'm quite certain that there were no sheep in New Zealand before Europeans arrived. By New Zealand standards that means it was uninhabited.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2019, 07:12:26 AM »

Absolutely sickening.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2019, 07:15:00 AM »

Terrible tragedy Sad

What happened to the shooters? I don't have much time to read up on everything that's going on. Are they still at large?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies