Islamophobic shooting in Christchurch, NZ (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:50:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Islamophobic shooting in Christchurch, NZ (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Islamophobic shooting in Christchurch, NZ  (Read 9139 times)
Omega21

« on: March 15, 2019, 08:45:57 AM »

Just watched the full video of what he did, and yeah, I hope NZ has the death penalty, as I wouldn't want my taxes wasted on a piece of meat that doesn't deserve to live.

The white writings on his gun are names of various European national heroes/battles against the Ottomans, so he definitely did research and planned this for a long time.

May the Dead Rest in Peace and I hope the wounded survive.
Omega21

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 02:36:00 PM »

If this guy bought a gun in New Zealand legally then NZ's gun laws are even laxer than the US's in this case since it's almost impossible for a foreign national to legally buy a gun in the US. Green card holders/permanent residents can but it doesn't sound like this guy had the New Zealand equivalent, he was just an Australian visiting NZ.

"If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Australia you don't need to apply for a visa to live and work in New Zealand. You can be granted a visa on arrival at the border."

https://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/why-choose-nz/compare-new-zealand/australia

The same thing goes for EU citizens living in another EU country, i.e. you are to be treated equally as a citizen, which also applies for gun licenses.
Omega21

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 03:42:17 PM »

Doesn't matter what he was.

His manifesto is full of contradictions, and as we all know, both the Right and the Left are capable of such things.

Crazy ethno-nationalists sometimes do stuff like this, and crazy Left wing guerillas kidnap and murder alike.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies