Islamophobic shooting in Christchurch, NZ (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:47:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Islamophobic shooting in Christchurch, NZ (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Islamophobic shooting in Christchurch, NZ  (Read 9121 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« on: March 15, 2019, 03:49:51 AM »

The Nazis filmed their own atrocities. You just don't hear the jibes and comments they made on their films.

Life without parole for this guy. Don't make him a martyr.

New Zealand doesn't have the death penalty.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 04:06:37 AM »

Please don't slander New Zealand, and please don't make dumb, nasty posts about this tragedy. New Zealand and the vast, vast majority of people in it are tolerant, compassionate and peace-loving, and I echo Jacinda's message that those responsible are not at all representative of New Zealand.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 05:22:30 AM »

RIP, and my condolences to all the families involved Sad

30 deaths (I think?) is a big tragedy and a big terrorist attack.

Also, I wonder if 8chan (if it was really involved and supporting the attack) will be closed.

Death toll is already 49 and rising. Heartbreaking.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 02:57:43 PM »

I think the terrorist probably wanted more guns tbh.

He very specifically stated he chose guns because he wanted to create conflict over gun control.

will be fun to revisit this post when New Zealand near-unanimously passes a set of strict gun control measures some time next week

And I'll still be saying what I'm saying now. Giving into the desires of terrorists is weak. Especially when the issue of guns had nothing to do with this event. The terrorist made it very clear there were other methods he could have used to kill so many people. But it's useful to know that so many people are so simple minded to see it as another "muhhh less guns would fix all of our problems" event instead of what actually caused someone to carry out the act of violence, Jacinda included.

Yes he did have IEDs but those didn't go off, the guns significantly worsened the situation and its irresponsible to increase his ability to kill so many people. People realize assault weapons aren't necessary for hunting, many hunters have been handing them in voluntarily and are happy to give up those weapons as it's better for society not to have them. The key reason the US has so many mass shootings (and other gun deaths) than everyone else isn't that Americans are naturally more violent people, its because of the absurd looseness of US gun laws.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies