How will the 1990s be remembered in the 2050s? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:04:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  How will the 1990s be remembered in the 2050s? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How will the 1990s be remembered in the 2050s?  (Read 1418 times)
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« on: March 15, 2019, 11:04:17 PM »
« edited: March 15, 2019, 11:09:09 PM by Cold War Liberal »

Nothing was going on in the 90s. The late 90s were abysmal when it comes to creativity in music for example
No offense but this is an objectively extremely ignorant though inexplicably widespread sentiment. Literally the entire world order changed in the 1990s, and I’d argue it’s one of the most important decades, and perhaps THE MOST important decade of the 20th century. The Cold War ended, the Soviet Union collapsed, America became the sole world superpower, Gingrich and Frank Luntz (and Bill Clinton, I guess) lead to a more divisive and coarse politics. Fox News was founded in 1996. With the WTC bombings, the Unabomber, the Oklahoma City bombing, Waco, and others, terrorism (domestic and foreign) became a bigger focus in the public’s eyes. The effing Internet, quite possibly the most world-changing invention in human history, became a thing most people in the developed world had access to. That’s all just off the top of my head.

Music is obviously more subjective but I guess you don’t like rap between NWA and Eminem (so most good rap, which was made in the 90’s), grunge, or R&B (when I say this I’m thinking TLC and Destiny’s Child, which gave us effing Beyoncé, quite possibly the most famous cultural icon of the 21st century). And while Whitney Houston was the ‘80’s, for the most part, The Bodyguard came out in 1992 and it’s soundtrack is fantastic, IMO.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies