A Feast for Crows Sign-up thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:05:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Feast for Crows Sign-up thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Author Topic: A Feast for Crows Sign-up thread  (Read 12434 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 16, 2019, 02:00:29 AM »
« edited: March 22, 2019, 08:13:25 PM by GoTfan »

A Feast For Crows

The War of the Five Kings is all but over, and House Lannister stands triumphant. However, challenges to their rule still exist. Tywin Lannister is dead, and the Tyrells remain an unstable ally.

To the west, a succession crisis has engulfed the Iron Islands as a kingsmoot is called to elect their new leader.

In Essos, Daenerys Targaryen attempts to consolidate her campaign in Meereen, but faces intense resistance from the former slavemasters . . . and untamed dragons.

In the North, Stannis Baratheon has defeated the army of Mance Rayder at Castle Black, and plans to revive his campaign by liberating the North. Opposing him, House Bolton must weave a careful path . . . one wrong move could destroy them.

All the while, the cold winds rise . . . and the dead rise with them

Notes: So obviously A Feast For Crows won the vote, and thus, here we are. The rules will be posted later, but I can tell everyone that I'll be using Lumine's rules from previous games. So if you've played previously, you know how to. For those that haven't, don't worry; I'll be posting the rules soon.

Note that two players are marked as provisional. This means that they have taken the roles out of necessity, and are not their first choices. If your first choice is one of these characters, let me know.

Rules:

We will be using a modified version of Lumine's rules.

Most of you know the basic rules. You will roleplay as a character (such as a lord or even a king) in a scenario of ASOIAF, starting on the first chapters of A Feast For Crows and roughly season 5 of the show. Your objectives are the same, but how you achieve them is up to you. Some will want independence, others the Iron Throne, and others might even set objectives of their own. What constitutes a win is hard to describe, but end games tend to come organically on these games, so don’t worry about that. You will command armies, pass sentences, enact laws, send ravens and messengers, take part in high level intrigue, rule your realms and, of course, react to the many issues and crisis I will have in store for you.

Turns: Instead of having closed turns, a given number of days (ideally no more than a week) will constitute 2 months in the calendar, after which military moves will be immediately calculated in order to get a better grasp of warfare. This means we will try to avoid the old scheme of arranged turns with a concrete number of player crisis, and change it to player events or POV’s that will appear from time to time and force you into making decisions. A limited time also means negotiations won’t be as seamless as before, given consequences to delays or too much hesitation. You can make public declarations, but your moves must come via PM. All communication between players, OOC or IC, must include me.

Assassination and Spies: A new system for the game, players can send one spy per turn to a given region or city. Spies can get caught, but if successful they’ll give you key information that might prove crucial. Assassinations have been a large part of these games, but often they are abused. For that reason, Faceless Men are off the table. Assassinations are restricted to a single attempt per turn, with a very high risk of getting captured (if so, you are barred from sending assassins for the next turn). The idea is not to make assassination impossible, but to make it a truly high-risk, high-reward move for complicated situations. I may or may not leak moves regarding armies as well, to simulate scouting in real life.

Stats: We will work with GD (gold dragons, the amount of money you have), Prestige (of your character, a loss damages NPC negotiation and simulation), Legitimacy (how respected he is on his current position or rank, a loss brings severe trouble with vassals and allies). Please mind your stats; they can be determinant at dice rolls, vassal relationship and NPC negotiations.

Roleplaying: I will be enforcing roleplaying. That doesn’t mean I will force all the players into a corner, but I can cancel orders that are too out of character or out of place. To use an exmaple, Stannis Baratheon will not be making peace with Roose Bolton or Cersei Baratheon.

Simulation: Very simple matter, as this is my first ASOIAF game. Battles will be calculated by dice rolls. Higher number wins, margin between rolls determines the level of victory. Additional dice will be added for variables, such as force sizes, terrain, and commander skill.

Special Events: Interaction between the players should be a large part into the game, I will try to make interactive events to emphasize roleplay and allow for a more thorough immersion. There will be Small Council meetings every month IG, just as there may be Weddings, Parleys, Tournaments, Great Councils, and so forth. Likewise, if the players wish for me to simulate a particular event, do let me know. The more we roleplay, I think, the better for the game.

Sellswords and Sellsails: They will be available on this game as companies, both land and naval. They can be recruited in Essos via sending an envoy (to negotiate a contract), from turn two on, and they take a certain time to reach Westeros. A list of companies and prices will be up, with the better known in the Books and Series as the most prestigious and powerful ones. You will be able to choose between Sellsword companies, cavalry companies, and sellsail fleets. The exception to this rule is the Golden Company (potentially unlockable).

Winter is Coming:The year is 300 AC and Westeros is in the last months of Autumn. Winter is nearly here, and with winter comes hunger, cold, and things that are even darker. Best make sure you are fully prepared before winter arrives, for it will not be long.

Key characters (must be filled)

Queen Regent Cersei Baratheon (Kingpoleon; provisional)
Lord Paramount Mace Tyrell of the Reach(KingSaul)
King Stannis Baratheon (JacksonHitchcock)
Lady Asha Greyjoy of Pyke (Garlan Gunter)
Queen Daenerys Targaryen of Meereen (DatGOTTho; provisional)

Semi-key characters (not priority)

Lord Paramount Roose Bolton of the North
Euron Greyjoy
Lord Wyman Manderly of White Harbor (Skrevski)
Ser Kevan Lannister
Lord Walder Frey of The Twins
Lord Protector of the Vale and Lord Paramount of the Trident Petyr Baelish(leonardothered)
Prince Doran Martell of Dorne

Unlockable characters (characters that can become playable depending on events)

Lord Commander Jon Snow
King Aegon Targaryen
Princess Arianne Martell
High Sparrow
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 05:21:22 AM »

Could I have House Tyrell, please ?.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 06:48:11 AM »

Could I have House Tyrell, please ?.

Naturally.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 06:50:22 AM »

Asha please!
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 07:40:46 AM »

Kevan Lannister please.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 08:23:28 AM »

Granted.

Do you have a preference of the key characters? Ideally I'd like to fill them first.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 08:34:42 AM »

Do you have a preference of the key characters? Ideally I'd like to fill them first.
[/quote]

If you'd like the key characters filled first. I'll go with Stannis then.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 08:44:24 AM »

If you'd like the key characters filled first. I'll go with Stannis then.
[/quote]

Okay.

If I can find someone else to do Stannis, then I'll give you Kevan.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 09:19:34 AM »

While I'd prefer to be Roose Bolton (call me a sicko), I suppose I'll go for the Mother of Dragons until such time as someone else takes her.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 09:32:02 AM »

While I'd prefer to be Roose Bolton (call me a sicko), I suppose I'll go for the Mother of Dragons until such time as someone else takes her.

Okay, I'll put that down as another provisional.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 09:41:33 AM »

As I think of the current situation in the books, I would like Stannis as my first choice.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 09:45:56 AM »

As I think of the current situation in the books, I would like Stannis as my first choice.

Cool cool cool
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2019, 08:24:39 PM »

I hope some more players come up.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2019, 11:38:46 PM »

I’d really prefer either Prince Doran Martell or Lord Paramount Walder Frey. Willing to take Cersei as a Provisional Player.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2019, 12:48:33 AM »

I’d really prefer either Prince Doran Martell or Lord Paramount Walder Frey. Willing to take Cersei as a Provisional Player.

Welcome. I've put you down as Cersei's provisional player.
Skrevski
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2019, 05:15:12 PM »

King Saul has pointed me in this direction, can I take Manderly?
King Saul
Rookie
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2019, 06:26:33 PM »

GoTfan, Skrevski can not even send PMs until he has the minimum number of posts here (15 I think?), If you can help him in this until he can send PMs on his own, I thank you.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2019, 07:33:26 PM »

King Saul has pointed me in this direction, can I take Manderly?

Of course you can.

However, I would recommend boosting your post total beforehand. Pop over to the other boards and boost your post total so you can send PMs.
Skrevski
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2019, 07:34:39 PM »

Excellent I will attempt to do so!
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2019, 04:11:11 PM »

I'll leave signups open for a week.
Skrevski
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2019, 04:40:34 PM »

Cool.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2019, 05:14:38 PM »

I'll take Baelish.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2019, 06:20:02 PM »

Welcome!
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2019, 03:41:30 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2019, 03:58:40 PM by leonardothered »

Just as a small note, Baelish is lord paramount of the rriverlands, not Frey. Totally fine with rolling with this set up, but that's how the books have it, as well as him technically holding Harrenhal. They talk about how the Freys could never be Lord's paramount given their terrible reputation, and that they'd never be able to hold the riverlands.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2019, 04:03:20 PM »

Just as a small note, Baelish is lord paramount of the rriverlands, not Frey. Totally fine with rolling with this set up, but that's how the books have it, as well as him technically holding Harrenhal. They talk about how the Freys could never be Lord's paramount given their terrible reputation, and that they'd never be able to hold the riverlands.

Crap. Okay I'll alter it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies