Bernie Sanders hires David Sirota as campaign spokesman
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:15:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders hires David Sirota as campaign spokesman
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders hires David Sirota as campaign spokesman  (Read 4644 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2019, 07:27:01 PM »

I've never heard of this person until today.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2019, 07:33:28 PM »

Can we start a "Bernie makes me so maaaad waaaaah!" megathread? Or just a "[Democratic candidate] is literally the devil" megathread?

You're better than this.

Look at this forum and tell me I'm wrong. I'm hardly the one here who should be accused of posting something "beneath" myself.

You're veering into fhtagn-esque drivel man.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2019, 07:40:06 PM »

Can we start a "Bernie makes me so maaaad waaaaah!" megathread? Or just a "[Democratic candidate] is literally the devil" megathread?

You're better than this.

Look at this forum and tell me I'm wrong. I'm hardly the one here who should be accused of posting something "beneath" myself.

So you've got nothing to say about any of the points I made in my other post? Just another insult (I guess that's what it's supposed to be, though I've never gotten all the hate for fhtagn)? That's disappointing.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2019, 07:41:19 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2019, 07:50:58 PM by Liz or Leave »

You're better than this.

Xing, I like you and respect your contributions. But the "I criticize both sides Smiley" bit is a little disingenuous when the only time you criticize the other side is when you gratuitously tack on a sentence to the end of 25% of your posts about how the anti-Bernie-bros are bad. I know you are quite smart and capable of introspection. So ask yourself are you really being a truly objective observer and evaluator of this board's discourse and events that it stems from?

And hey, if you aren't, that's fine! I'm self-aware enough to admit that a lot of my posting on the 2020 board is motivated in large part by the antipathy I feel towards Sanders supporters. This despite actually being much more receptive to Sanders than I was three years ago! But I'm not in denial about the role that I'm playing here. I'm sh**tposting but I'm not pretending that I'm up to anything else.

And, yes? I agree with you that the quality of the average poster on this forum could be much higher. Which is why I'm disappointed to see one of the thoughtful posters taking the gloves off and reaching into the gutter.

e: substituted animosity for antipathy because I think that's a better descriptor for my feelings on BernieBros.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2019, 07:46:57 PM »

I agree that this probably won't matter much, but it does not make me, personally, want to support Sanders any more than I already did. I am now despairing at the thought of seeing Sirota all over the media during the primary. He'll make Jeff Weaver look subtle.  

The guy isn't even a left-wing ideologue. Ten years ago he was a fervent Hillary supporter who thought that electability was above ideology and trashed Obama relentlessly for being too liberal.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2019, 07:48:46 PM »

You're better than this.

This is what happens when you have to teach kids for a living.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2019, 08:03:23 PM »

As stated these hires aren't going to more votes, but they are indicative of what sort campaign Sanders is planning. You already have some of his fans out there claiming that the Texas Democratic Party gave O'Rourke $6 million dollars to outdo Sanders' one day total which is a total lie since that is way over the limit.

Exactly.

Bernie has been preaching about unity the last couple of months, but then he brings in Sirota, who is one of the biggest ***holes out there.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2019, 08:06:11 PM »

You're better than this.

Xing, I like you and respect your contributions. But the "I criticize both sides Smiley" bit is a little disingenuous when the only time you criticize the other side is when you gratuitously tack on a sentence to the end of 25% of your posts about how the anti-Bernie-bros are bad. I know you are quite smart and capable of introspection. So ask yourself are you really being a truly objective observer and evaluator of this board's discourse and events that it stems from?

And hey, if you aren't, that's fine! I'm self-aware enough to admit that a lot of my posting on the 2020 board is motivated in large part by the animosity I feel towards Sanders supporters. This despite actually being much more receptive to Sanders than I was three years ago! But I'm not in denial about the role that I'm playing here. I'm sh**tposting but I'm not pretending that I'm up to anything else.

And, yes? I agree with you that the quality of the average poster on this forum could be much higher. Which is why I'm disappointed to see one of the thoughtful posters taking the gloves off and reaching into the gutter.

If you're asking me whether or not I'm biased, yes, of course I'll admit that I'm biased. My preferences in the race play a role, I'm sure, but it's also because I see that the vitriol coming from the Sanders side is addressed by many, and not a lot of people point out that the same people who do that can be very vitriolic themselves. I think that this is incredibly damaging to the Democrats, and is only going to hurt our chances more as time goes on, which is why I really am trying to get people to check themselves and look at what they're saying about Democratic candidates. I'm not perfect, true, and anyone is free to claim that I should call out attacks on other Democratic candidates more. That's a fair criticism.

If I do take the gloves off, it's because the stakes are very high in this election. I'd go into more detail in a PM, but I'll just say that I may have more at stake in this election than the average Atlas poster. That's why I call out people who call for unity, but only behind their preferred candidate(s). People have to realize that when we try to spin any tiny imperfection of a Democratic candidate as a dealbreaker, we're giving the Republicans tons of ammunition.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2019, 08:11:04 PM »

We are talking about a random journalist that got contacted to do a couple talking points on Cable, right? This is the big betrayal I keep hearing about? This is how Sanders is showing how he wants to divide the D party? By hiring a random Journalist that no one knows about who wrote a couple provocative articles, and then was hired to be one of literal hundreds of campaign spokespeople?

Geez, slow Newsweek, huh?
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2019, 08:13:43 PM »

You're better than this.

So you've got nothing to say about any of the points I made in my other post? Just another insult (I guess that's what it's supposed to be, though I've never gotten all the hate for fhtagn)? That's disappointing.

I legitimately didn't see your response sir. That said, I think uh... peenie_weenie's first paragraph summarizes my views on your post well.

Sirota is an inherently divisive figure in Democratic politics. That's his brand, and you'll have to cease worrying about anti-Bernie Bros for a moment and realize that this adversarial figure preys on the Democratic disunity you and I worry about.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2019, 08:20:54 PM »

You're better than this.

I legitimately didn't see your response sir. That said, I think uh... peenie_weenie's first paragraph summarizes my views on your post well.

Sirota is an inherently divisive figure in Democratic politics. That's his brand, and you'll have to cease worrying about anti-Bernie Bros for a moment and realize that this adversarial figure preys on the Democratic disunity you and I worry about.

Complains about divisiveness, uses the term "Bernie Bros".
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2019, 08:22:14 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2019, 08:30:10 PM by Chairman YE »

We are talking about a random journalist that got contacted to do a couple talking points on Cable, right? This is the big betrayal I keep hearing about? This is how Sanders is showing how he wants to divide the D party? By hiring a random Journalist that no one knows about who wrote a couple provocative articles, and then was hired to be one of literal hundreds of campaign spokespeople?

The problem is that the "journalist" isn't random at all.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2019, 08:33:13 PM »

You're better than this.

If he proves to actually play a key role, then yes, that's cause for concern. Unfortunately, it is commonplace for campaigns to have attack dogs, and he proves to be that, then yes, criticizing Sanders for it is fair game. Claiming that this "disqualifies" him, not so much.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2019, 08:57:10 PM »

The problem is that the "journalist" isn't random at all.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot that we were talking about the world-renown columnist Sirota. My mistake. /s

Not only does he have a completely minor role, but he's extremely unknown to the point that only 1/2 of Atlas probably even knows who he was to begin with.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2019, 09:01:17 PM »

This man has written false hit pieces on folks like Clinton, Harris, and O'Rourke but "it's not that serious"? If Beto, Kamala, or anyone else hired someone who had spent years writing false or misleading stories about Sanders yall would be an uproar. This is ridiculous. And Bernie hiring him is putting a middle finger up to the pretense of positivity he was supposed to be running under.

Saying that nobody knows who he is is not a defense. The Sanders camp has mini strokes over the most obscure things involving Hillary Clinton, Kamala Harris, and others.

He deleted 20,000 tweets. He did not write just a "couple" provocative articles.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2019, 09:13:07 PM »

From when did the truth about policies become false hit pieces ? Clinton hacks don't want the neoliberal policies of Wall Street Beto & other candidates highlighted. This is what Sirota did & this is why they are angry.

This is a brilliant hire. Sirota is a very smart guy who was once coveted believe it or not by even groups like Media matters. This kind of nonsense today is being said by homophobes like Joy Reid.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2019, 09:15:22 PM »

Nobody said that Sirota himself is going to move votes. The problem here is his and Sanders campaign's dishonesty and shady tactics.
When we called out Sirota for slandering other potential candidates the bros defended their God King by saying that he has no relation whatsoever with these attacks. That proved to be a blatant lie.

And the fact O'Rourke is yet to tell anyone where his money is coming from isn't shady?
Bernie Sanders pledged to release his tax returns 22 days ago.

No1 cares. It is a dead issue. TRUMP didn't even release his tax returns for the GE & won. No1 cares about tax returns anymore.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2019, 09:16:02 PM »

He deleted 20,000 tweets. He did not write just a "couple" provocative articles.
Geez, your completely write, I forgot about how this is the Sirota that has 100 million followers, to which his opinion is practically the voice of god. He is Twitter's most followed user, and his influence touches every part of daily life. /s

Seriously, nobody knows about this guy. As a wise man once said, "Who the Hell Cares?"
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2019, 09:18:08 PM »

Geez, your completely write, I forgot about how this is the Sirota that has 100 million followers, to which his opinion is practically the voice of god. He is Twitter's most followed user, and his influence touches every part of daily life. /s

Seriously, nobody knows about this guy. As a wise man once said, "Who the Hell Cares?"
Roll Eyes Whatever. If Harris hired a con artist who slandered Bernie for years we wouldn't hear the end of it. Like I said... Bernie knows exactly what he's doing with this hire. Yall continue to be hypocrites and ignore Bernie's divisive and corrosive behavior.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2019, 09:19:44 PM »

From when did the truth about policies become false hit pieces ? Clinton hacks don't want the neoliberal policies of Wall Street Beto & other candidates highlighted. This is what Sirota did & this is why they are angry.

This is a brilliant hire. Sirota is a very smart guy who was once coveted believe it or not by even groups like Media matters. This kind of nonsense today is being said by homophobes like Joy Reid.
Have a seat. Sirota's FALSE hit piece about Clinton selling arms to foreign governments for donations to the Clinton Foundation is SLANDER. I don't care if he works for your fave or not. Wrong is wrong.

Nobody said that Sirota himself is going to move votes. The problem here is his and Sanders campaign's dishonesty and shady tactics.
When we called out Sirota for slandering other potential candidates the bros defended their God King by saying that he has no relation whatsoever with these attacks. That proved to be a blatant lie.

And the fact O'Rourke is yet to tell anyone where his money is coming from isn't shady?
Bernie Sanders pledged to release his tax returns 22 days ago.

No1 cares. It is a dead issue. TRUMP didn't even release his tax returns for the GE & won. No1 cares about tax returns anymore.
Thank you for admitting you are full of it and only demand transparency from people not named Bernie Sanders.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2019, 09:21:30 PM »

You people are obnoxious.

"Here's why Bernie's hiring of David Sirota will hurt him among voters who have done nothing but rant about him endlessly for 3 years"
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2019, 09:31:06 PM »

Roll Eyes Whatever. If Harris hired a con artist who slandered Bernie for years we wouldn't hear the end of it. Like I said... Bernie knows exactly what he's doing with this hire. Yall continue to be hypocrites and ignore Bernie's divisive and corrosive behavior.

You are literally supporting a con artist who flip flopped on Medicare for all to appeal to neoliberals & who has voted to deregulate WALL street & who wants to cut welfare for poor people while this guys speaks in platitudes & about being born to win.

You supported a flip flopped & con woman in 2016. Ofcourse as independent journalist who dare criticize these neoliberal policies will be blasted.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2019, 09:37:46 PM »

You are literally supporting a con artist who flip flopped on Medicare for all to appeal to neoliberals & who has voted to deregulate WALL street & who wants to cut welfare for poor people while this guys speaks in platitudes & about being born to win.

You supported a flip flopped & con woman in 2016. Ofcourse as independent journalist who dare criticize these neoliberal policies will be blasted.
You are deranged. Sirota is a slanderous hack and I will never support Bernie Sanders. Get over it.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2019, 09:55:40 PM »

I like Bernie and I’m still supporting him but Sirota is a douche who should be nowhere near his campaign. Also some of green/maroon Atlas should be intellectually honest enough to admit that if Beto or Kamala did something similar that it would of caused a big freak out by Bernie’s base
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2019, 10:39:00 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies