FT 10-22: Resolution on SB 9010 (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:24:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 10-22: Resolution on SB 9010 (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 10-22: Resolution on SB 9010 (Passed)  (Read 1873 times)
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« on: March 22, 2019, 07:08:02 AM »

Yeah, this is a bit........ lacking on the details, to say the least.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 10:27:10 PM »

This resolution is completely useless. This legislation is solely the domain of the federal government, it is already being voted on in the Senate, and has nothing to do with Fremont. The opinions of this Parliament are of no importance with regards to this bill.

I motion that this bill be tabled. Do I have a seconder?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 10:32:04 PM »

This resolution is completely useless. This legislation is solely the domain of the federal government, it is already being voted on in the Senate, and has nothing to do with Fremont. The opinions of this Parliament are of no importance with regards to this bill.

A creation for a railway line from Montana to Thunder Bay has nothing to do with Fremont? Is today Opposite Day?

Nothing is being built. The Federal government is merely paying a company to run a train down already existing tracks. This is being paid for solely by the federal government.
The government of Fremont has nothing whatsoever to do with this Senate Bill.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 10:32:43 PM »

With a proposer and a seconder for the motion for tabling, I ask that the Speaker please now open a vote on tabling this legislation.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 10:41:33 PM »

A creation for a railway line from Montana to Thunder Bay has nothing to do with Fremont? Is today Opposite Day?

Nothing is being built. The Federal government is merely paying a company to run a train down already existing tracks. This is being paid for solely by the federal government.
The government of Fremont has nothing whatsoever to do with this Senate Bill.

Ok, I stand corrected on that bit.

Why was consultation with the Fremont government brought up during the Senate debate thread then?

Not to mention we’re kind of short on bills so the desire to table sh**t seems a bit interesting.

We have your healthcare bill which we didn't want to vote on yet because there was more to be debated. And once again we have had a week with no debate whatsoever on that bill. Maybe we should focus on that, rather than wasting time on useless legislation
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 05:51:19 PM »

I am also opposed to SB 9010. It's a useless passenger service that has only been introduced because Bruhg made it a meme on LokCord and tack promised to do it to get Bruhg's vote.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 08:14:11 AM »

I withdraw the motion to table. On second thoughts, i realise that this resolution is a good way to try and kill this stupid bill federally.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 08:23:34 AM »
« Edited: March 26, 2019, 09:46:42 PM by AustralianSwingVoter »

A RESOLUTION
That this chamber voices its opinion on the matter on SB 9010.
Whereas, the Senate is voting on SB 9010: Fulfilling Railway Promises Act.
Whereas, this bill establishes a useless passenger rail connection along a thinly populated route solely to make a stupid meme into reality.
Whereas, this service would strongly impinge on the rights of the governments of both Canada and Fremont to regulate and operate their passenger as they see fit.
Resolved, that this Parliament objects in the strongest possible terms to SB 9010.
Further Resolved, that this Parliament urges the Federal Congress to reject this idiotic legislation.
Further Resolved, that this Parliament urges all Senators and Representatives who reside in this region to vote Nay on this legislation.
Further Resolved, that this Parliament objects to the use of any funds of the Government of Fremont to be used to finance this ridiculous project.
Further Resolved, that the Government of Fremont categorically refuses to spend a single cent on funding this absurd project.

I introduce the following amendment.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 10:38:39 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2019, 09:46:30 PM by AustralianSwingVoter »

A RESOLUTION
That this chamber voices its opinion on the matter on SB 9010.
Whereas, the Senate is voting on SB 9010: Fulfilling Railway Promises Act.
Whereas, this bill establishes a useless passenger rail connection along a thinly populated route solely to make a stupid meme into reality.
Whereas, this service would strongly impinge on the rights of the governments of both Canada and Fremont to regulate and operate their passenger as they see fit.
Resolved, that this Parliament objects in the strongest possible terms to SB 9010.
Further Resolved, that this Parliament urges the Federal Congress to reject this idiotic legislation.
Further Resolved, that this Parliament urges all Senators and Representatives who reside in this region to vote Nay on this legislation.
Further Resolved, that this Parliament objects to the use of any funds of the Government of Fremont to be used to finance this ridiculous project.
Further Resolved, that the Government of Fremont categorically refuses to spend a single cent on funding this absurd project.

I introduce the following amendment.

Well, that is very harsh language, yikes!

No point pussyfooting around.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 06:41:24 PM »

24 hours with no objections, amendment is adopted.

I move for a final vote. 24 hours for objections.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2019, 06:50:15 PM »

Aye
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2019, 09:44:34 PM »

And there's 4 ayes, so this bill has passed.
Though I do hope the 2 members yet to vote will vote within the next 2 and a half days, so we can have a wholeheartedly active Parliament.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2019, 10:48:43 PM »

Though I do hope the 2 members yet to vote will vote within the next 2 and a half days, so we can have a wholeheartedly active Parliament.

You're not the speaker.

I know. I'm just stating that there's now 4 aye votes. I'm merely letting everyone know that this bill has now got enough votes to pass, in my role as a member of this Parliament.
It is the Speaker's job to officiate over Parliament. That doesn't mean MPs can't just state what is happening. If anything we, as MPs, should aim to be proactive in office.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2019, 11:13:30 PM »

You're not the speaker.

I know. I'm just stating that there's now 4 aye votes. I'm merely letting everyone know that this bill has now got enough votes to pass, in my role as a member of this Parliament.
It is the Speaker's job to officiate over Parliament. That doesn't mean MPs can't just state what is happening. If anything we, as MPs, should aim to be proactive in office.

You said and even posted in the Senate thread that the bill had passed.

Okay, I'll admit that was poorly worded. I should have said the resolution has now achieved enough votes to pass.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2019, 04:11:51 AM »

I think fiscal responsibility is far more pertinent to the functionings of government than meme legislation.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 04:41:36 PM »

I think fiscal responsibility is far more pertinent to the functionings of government than meme legislation.
When this is over, parliament should pass a resolution to expunge "meme" from the entirety of the English lexicon.
That is most certainly a fantastic idea.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies