Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:59:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24  (Read 65779 times)
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 23, 2019, 10:24:46 AM »

I’m gonna save this for April Fools Day.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 10:28:36 AM »

Oh my gosh, you guys are killing me.

For someone who doesn’t want to read through every page in this thread, can someone just confirm for me that the question of collusion has not been answered out of Mueller’s report yet?  I mean, we don’t know anything about the report yet right?

This thread is full of hot takes. The report itself hasn’t dropped, nor have Barr’s comments. I’ll post Barr’s letter of receipt though.

Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 11:42:58 PM »

Why are Republicans acting like there isn't still at least a dozen other investigations and lawsuits aimed at Trump's myriad misdeeds and acts of corruption?  You guys are taking a victory lap half-way through the race!

Besides, the fact remains that Russia did indeed meddle with our election process with the goal of boosting their preferred candidate: Donald Trump.  Their cyber warfare campaign against our democracy is still ongoing.  Collusion or no collusion, it is still a tad perplexing that Trump doesn't seem to believe these facts though, huh?

I guess Trump being named as individual 1 in Cohen’s case was meaningless. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 12:09:43 AM »

I'm ROFL right now, watching the Echo Chamber explode in frustration.  It really is amazing.

The Mueller investigation wasn't about investigating a crime.  It was about investigating Trump, personally, and individuals close to him.  This would be great if you had reasonable suspicion that Trump committed an actual crime, but that was not the case.

I have, for a long time, stated that I was waiting for the Mueller Report to come in before I drew any conclusions as to what Trump did or didn't do.  Well the report is in, and not only did the report not indicate an indictment for Trump, it indicated that (A) there would be no recommendations for further indictments, (B) there was no indication that Trump would have been indicted if he were not President, and (C) neither Trump, nor anyone else, was named as unindicted co-conspirators.  There was no "collusion" (whatever that means) and any interference in our elections by Russia was done by Russians, and not in conjunction with Trump's campaign.

The Democrats, of course, could accept this and go forward with actually allowing the government to function.  They are showing themselves as no better than the GOP and its endless investigations of Hillary, who WAS being investigated for a specific crime.  (That's a difference between Hillary and Trump that cries out for recognition.)  There is no evidence that Donald Trump, nor anyone else "obstructed justice".  And it's a little hard to say this when you can't point to a specific crime that was covered up.

How Donald Trump has conducted himself as President involves a number of relevant issues.  His Tweets are often indefensible in terms of taste and level of pettiness.  His policies are a matter for debate as he ran as a different kind of Republican and turned out to be pretty much a standard GOP conservative, with some shifts away from free trade and internationalism.  Let the politics begin, by all means.  Let the case against Trump's record in office, in terms of he actions and accomplishments as President be examined and discussed.  But let the political judgment also be rendered against a mindless Democratic Party that opts to investigate the investigation, and investigate the investigators investigating the investigation.  They are continuing the "investigation" solely to find some juicy tidbits that will serve their campaign well, and there is something very wrong with that, no matter who is doing it.

The specific crime is the hacking of a Presidential campaign and political party. The 21st century version of the Watergate break-in. That was a major crime with huge impacts, unlike whatever happened with Hillary's e-mails which literally had zero impact.

Well, yes, and those individuals (most of the Russian Nationals) have been charged.
And it’s still illegal to cover up other people’s crimes.
And there's no probable cause to believe that Trump, or anyone on his campaign staff or current staff did so.  That's why there's no indictments; there's no probable cause.  No indictments.  No unindicted co-conspirators.  

Donald Trump is not, and should not. be above the law.  But he shouldn't be below the law, either.  The latter is something you and folks like you here seem to think is OK.  It's not, and his being Trump doesn't make it so.

And while I feel for the American people and the American taxpayers that have had to endure this, I am, quite frankly, celebrating the intense, wrenching angst that the intellectually dishonest Echo Chamber Posse are going through now.  Not everyone here, mind you.  Just the Echo Chamber Posse.  You know who you are. 

Did you have similar emotions with the endless Benghazi investigations that ultimately found nothing to incriminate Hillary Clinton? 

Of course, the Russia and Benghazi investigations are not exactly the same -even if Mueller ultimately found no evidence of collusion or conspiracy by Trump or his campaign with the Russian government, he found enough instances of corruption and underhanded dealings to warrant further investigations.  Consider the indictments and prison sentences already handed down.  And you cannot blame us for believing that there was something there.  Trump acted like he was guilty of something.  It looked like a duck, acted like a duck, and quacked like a duck. Surely you can forgive us for thinking it was a duck. 

I believe that you’ll find it to be the Finanical Crimes Goose (Branta cashii). Definitely not a duck. How dare you!
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 01:44:20 PM »

I feel like posting this again, just because:

Why are Republicans acting like there isn't still at least a dozen other investigations and lawsuits aimed at Trump's myriad misdeeds and acts of corruption?  You guys are taking a victory lap half-way through the race!

SDNY calls Trump “Individual 1”
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 12:08:22 PM »

This is where I pull out one of my favorite articles. Remember Peter W. Smith? He had documents suggesting that he had ties to Flynn.

Officials identified in the document include Steve Bannon, now chief strategist for President Donald Trump; Kellyanne Conway, former campaign manager and now White House counselor; Sam Clovis, a policy adviser to the Trump campaign and now a senior adviser at the Agriculture Department; and retired Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn, who was a campaign adviser and briefly was national security adviser in the Trump administration.

There’s more that I won’t quote to avoid copyright infringement, but not having had the chance to read the full report, that article popped into my head after that tweet.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies