Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:47:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24  (Read 65727 times)
Thatkat04
« on: March 22, 2019, 06:01:25 PM »

Its way to early to feel one way or the other about this report. Except relief that Trump didn't fire Mueller and start a constitutional crisis.
Thatkat04
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 06:10:05 PM »

Nothing has been released yet though. Jesus Christ.
Thatkat04
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 06:13:02 PM »

Kinda speaks to how low Trumpers have set that bar that Mueller not arresting Trump or his son is being treated as a win
lol you guys are so pathetic in defeat.

I just...like I dont get it. We dont know what the report says.
Thatkat04
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 06:17:59 PM »

Kinda speaks to how low Trumpers have set that bar that Mueller not arresting Trump or his son is being treated as a win

Which is what I’m saying. This report is likely to be damning but the Sanchez of the world are treating Mueller not arresting Trump here and now as a “win”.

And heres the thing, I've been under the impression for months that Mueller doesnt believe he can indict a sitting president. The report could very well go in depth about criminal offenses yet Mueller may very well think its up to congress to act.
Thatkat04
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 06:22:26 PM »

Which is what I’m saying. This report is likely to be damning but the Sanchez of the world are treating Mueller not arresting Trump here and now as a “win”.

Report could be damning politicaly, but it's a stretch. Because they will not release anything if the guy hasn't been indicted and he couldn't be. Which by itself is silly practice btw. But the fact that nobody else has been indicted, not Don Jr, Kushner, Manafort is pretty damning for Dems because they hyped this so hard. This can't be a win for them. Anything else that comes out of this is just going to be spinned politicaly either way.

Its not a stretch...

Thatkat04
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 06:35:30 PM »

Can we actually read his this f**king report before we declare if Trump was helped or hurt by this?

No, apparently.
Thatkat04
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 06:45:56 PM »

I wrote a long, depressed diatribe about this in the "Indictment-o-rama" thread, so if you care what I think go read that there. The Cliffnotes version of it is that I now think that Trump firing Mueller and creating a constitutional crisis for the country would have been a better result and that I was wise to temper my expectations of the report. That still didn't help that much though. I'm feeling really down right now. This may not 100% guarantee Trump's re-election but it undeniably helps him. The guy is practically invincible.

Since you apparently know what's in the report already, how about sharing it with the rest of us?

The lack of any new indictments plus my already pessimistic expectations are enough to make me think that the report will vindicate Trump.

There have been multiple reports on how Mueller doesnt think he can indict a sitting president.
Thatkat04
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2019, 06:51:46 PM »

Robert Mueller is one of the greatest Republicans since Lincoln. Pure class!

I think alot of democrats would agree with you.
Thatkat04
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2019, 07:31:23 PM »

Whats with the idea that Trump is suddenly going to become uber-popular now that the Muller Report may not yield an indictment? His approval has been extremely static for most of his presidency, people are baked in at this point to hate the guy or love the guy. The idea that Trump will become popular is ridiculous.

Maybe not Ronald Reagan or Bill Clinton popular. I can see him going from being between considerable and mildly unpopular to being simply controversial the way Obama was between 2010 and 2015. With those kind of numbers, he probably wins in a way that is a mix of 2004 and 2012. He probably nearly wins the popular vote but probably loses Michigan and Pennsylvania but wins New Hampshire and Wisconsin. That will most likely be because of some blue-collar people “coming home” but is offset by modesty  well to do and educated coming home, too. Also, a third party spoiler might not be there. So in total, I see him basically doing slightly worse than Bush in 2004 but it will pretty much seal it when he wins Florida and Arizona  by 3 and  Iowa, Georgia and Ohio by 6. He might win Texas by 10 and only lose Colorado and Virginia by 2 or 3. It will be more like an anti1976, really. He probably gets to 55 senators and maybe like 210 in the house.

This is all assuming that the report is as benign as it currently seems and We never figure out why everybody keeps on living off of loans and there’s  virtually no inflation.

Why does it seem like that? We litterally have no information one way or another. The fact that Trump isnt getting indicted(which we knew for months) doesnt change that.
Thatkat04
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2019, 07:39:32 PM »

So no ones going to read this but:

Fact of the matter is, we wont be getting Barr's report tonight. Probably not tomorrow either. Go do something else and check back on Sunday.
Thatkat04
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2019, 10:58:21 PM »

Democrats are holding a conference call at 3:00pm tomorrow. So perhaps we'll learn something after that.

https://twitter.com/rachaelmbade/status/1109289343007576064
Thatkat04
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 02:54:19 PM »

So, Trump's approvals go up by at least 5% now right?

He might get a bump, but I doubt much changes.
Thatkat04
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2019, 03:00:22 PM »

At best, it hopefully stops the impeachment talk.
Thatkat04
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2019, 03:10:53 PM »

If Mueller didn't find evidence of collusion by the Trump campaign, then I for one accept that the evidence isn't there.  It sounds like the question of obstruction may be less clear; the letter says that Mueller laid out the evidence for it, and Barr has deemed it insufficient to charge.  I'm sure Congress will look into that further.  But I'm willing to acknowledge that at least the collusion narrative is now over.

It should also be noted that Mueller did find solid evidence of Russian interference in the election.

Just out of curiosity, would any of those on the right who've been complaining about Mueller's bias now care to retract those statements?

It kind of feels like the Collusion narrative has been over for a while. This has been going on for so long that I think a lot of Americans just stopped caring. Like, Trump isnt unpopular because of Mueller. He's unpopular because he's bad at his job.
Thatkat04
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2019, 03:33:55 PM »

The spin on both sides right now makes me think this doesn't effect anything.

Thatkat04
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2019, 03:51:43 PM »

The spin on both sides right now makes me think this doesn't effect anything.

You have to wonder how many voters were actively disapproving of Trump just because of Mueller. Cant imagine its that many.
Thatkat04
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2019, 04:02:47 PM »

Warning, very hot take incoming:

In a way, Barr's vagueness may have given this whole shebang a second wind. Congressional democrats are almost certain to get Barr, Rosenstein and even Mueller to testify. I'm not sure if thats a good thing or bad things for dems politically, but its pretty clear this isnt over.
Thatkat04
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2019, 04:15:00 PM »

This is going to change no one’s vote either way in an election that’s over a year and a half away.

Especially with how short term the memory of the American voter has gotten.
Thatkat04
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2019, 07:59:20 PM »

The hot takes here are unbearable. It absolutely sucks this forum doesn't have a delete account function because today has utterly soured my taste of anything atlas.
Thatkat04
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2019, 08:17:44 PM »

The hot takes here are unbearable. It absolutely sucks this forum doesn't have a delete account function because today has utterly soured my taste of anything atlas.

Don't leave; you're a good poster and at least some of us would miss you.  If it's that bad, take a break for a few days or a week.  This too shall pass.

Sorry, just venting.

In the end, I'm happy the investigation was allowed to proceed and Trump isnt some Manchurian style candidate. However, its March of 2019. Its far to early to be making politcal prognoses about the 2020 election. Yet cable news, twitter and this forum are all rushing to make their own predictions and its overwhelming.

Your absolutely right though, time for me to take a break and come back when everyones calmed down.

Thatkat04
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2019, 02:09:41 PM »

NBC polling is backing the CNN poll that found the Barr letter has not changed anyone’s mind

That's about where his approval was on November 7, 2016.

But he wasn't the incumbent and was running against an equally unpopular opponent.

Fact of the matter is no incumbent president has won re-election with double digit negative approval ratings. Bringing up 2016 which was a unique situation doesn't discount that.

Now, we're over a year away and I guarantee you Trump's numbers will bounce up and down as we get closer so I'm not making a prognosis on Trump's re-election chances.
Thatkat04
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2019, 11:02:16 AM »

It would have been less damaging if Barr had just released one of the pre-written summaries. Yes, even if it did say Trump obstructed justices, nothing major would have happened since republicans wouldn't be on board with impeachment. Now, Barr and the justice department look like they attempted to cover this up.

Idiots all around.
Thatkat04
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2019, 01:09:08 PM »

I'm not expecting anything huge tomorrow. But i do find it odd how Trump seems to be attacking Mueller and his team again on twitter again.
Thatkat04
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2019, 06:37:45 PM »

Can this administration ever not botch things?
Thatkat04
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2019, 06:45:32 PM »

Nadler will be holding his own press conference tonight at 8 pm(I think). This is a giant mess.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies