Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:20:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24  (Read 65761 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« on: March 23, 2019, 05:02:48 AM »

Oh my gosh, you guys are killing me.

For someone who doesn’t want to read through every page in this thread, can someone just confirm for me that the question of collusion has not been answered out of Mueller’s report yet?  I mean, we don’t know anything about the report yet right?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 12:03:53 PM »

Until and unless the report is released to the public in full and completely uncensored, I’ll have no choice but to believe the present and his team are hiding something.  This is a report that must be released to the public in full, and if it’s not, then I’ll remain convinced that the president colluded and is therefore a traitor.

If the report comes out in full and without censor, and shows that Trump did not collude, then I’m going to be angered at the time invested in and the emphasis of this investigation.  It was an investigation which needed to be conducted, because Russia DID interfere and they are an enemy, but the constant strong assertion on my side of the aisle that Trump colluded if the report shows that he did not will have been total bullsh**t and I’ll be mad...at my side.

Nothing will ever happen to convince me to vote for Trump. My 2020 vote goes to ousting Trump and I’m committed to that, because he’s an awful president whether he colluded or not. Even if not a full blown traitor, he’s still personally inciting and egging on political violence. His is the worst kind of temperament for the office and he needs to go. So if the report shows he didn’t do anything, my opinion of him changes very little.

But can ALL OF US hold off on conclusions until and unless the report is released in full and without censor?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 07:40:32 PM »

I accept Mueller's ultimate conclusion, which we now have available.  But the full report should be released.

Also, the president most certainly did attempt to obstruct justice.  Barr's personal conclusions are irrelevant and unimportant.  I want to see Mueller's full, uncensored report.

In any case, it seems like (again, without having the full report--which is a necessity) there was no collusion, and I accept that.  Provided the full report is released and confirms that, I think Trump just won reelection.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 07:54:27 PM »

I accept Mueller's ultimate conclusion, which we now have available.  But the full report should be released.

Also, the president most certainly did attempt to obstruct justice.  Barr's personal conclusions are irrelevant and unimportant.  I want to see Mueller's full, uncensored report.

In any case, it seems like (again, without having the full report--which is a necessity) there was no collusion, and I accept that.  Provided the full report is released and confirms that, I think Trump just won reelection.

That totally ignores the fact that he has has countless other problems that come in way ahead of collusion (which many people believe did happen). He spent last week attacking a dead person, he shutdown the government and didn't even get what he wanted and the list goes on. He needs more collusion to get re-elected and collusion that involves tampering with actual votes.

Oh, he's no doubt one of, if not the, worst presidents of our entire history.  No one can look at his performance thus far and not see anything other than a total embarrassment and a weak leader.

He has so many things to count against him.  That said, collusion has been such a major focal point for "the resistance" for the last two years and one of the harshest criticisms towards him.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 01:40:15 PM »

Nothing re: Trump/Russia is conclusive until the full, uncensored report is released.

Barr's summarization of the report is irrelevant and unimportant; it's meaningless.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 04:47:59 PM »

If the full report is not released, there can be no other reason other than they are hiding something.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 11:36:08 AM »

So now we know.

The president attempted to obstruct justice.  He should be removed from office.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2019, 08:06:09 PM »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/mueller-report-latest-donald-trump-participants-treason-spying-turn-tables-a8878761.html?utm_source=reddit.com

Trump is calling participants in the investigation treasonous and vows to turn the tables on them.

This is scary and should outrage everyone, even his supporters.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 10:19:42 AM »

The GOP: “this proves Trump’s innocence.”
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2019, 08:31:08 AM »

Republicans sound like they're either worried, or trying to hide something.

Being defensive is not a good strategy.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2019, 10:05:06 AM »

So the entire jist of what happen was:

1) The Russian Government saw in the Trump campaign a potential government for multiple reasons, they would prefer over other viable alternatives

2) They started an espionage campaign to help him win again his rivals

3) The Trump campaign (and Trump himself) knew about the espionage campaign and asked to participate. Those in charge of the espionage campaign refused on the grounds they "would just get in the way" and when other individuals somehow related to the espionage campaigned offered to help, the Trump campaign interviewed them but decided that they would "just get in the way". So the Trump campaign repeatedly try to conspire with the Russian Government's espionage campaign but failed to do so.

4) When under investigation, Trump himself repeatedly tried to cover up his attempted conspiracy with the espionage campaign he incidentally benefited but was unsuccessful in trying to cover up the attempted conspiracy by employees who refused to cooperate.

We already know this but its good to know what this all really means and this hearing the confirms this suspicion-

Trump should be impeached and eventually charged for his attempt to cover up his attempt to conspire with a foreign government's espionage campaign to commit election fraud.

If that's true, that means they will do it again in 2020, and most likely they'll have better methods which could potentially involve actual vote altering (which they attempted in 2016 but were unsuccessful).

And if that happens, there is really no chance for whomever the Democratic nominee ends up being, and our country is truly lost forever.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2019, 10:25:09 AM »

So the entire jist of what happen was:

1) The Russian Government saw in the Trump campaign a potential government for multiple reasons, they would prefer over other viable alternatives

2) They started an espionage campaign to help him win again his rivals

3) The Trump campaign (and Trump himself) knew about the espionage campaign and asked to participate. Those in charge of the espionage campaign refused on the grounds they "would just get in the way" and when other individuals somehow related to the espionage campaigned offered to help, the Trump campaign interviewed them but decided that they would "just get in the way". So the Trump campaign repeatedly try to conspire with the Russian Government's espionage campaign but failed to do so.

4) When under investigation, Trump himself repeatedly tried to cover up his attempted conspiracy with the espionage campaign he incidentally benefited but was unsuccessful in trying to cover up the attempted conspiracy by employees who refused to cooperate.

We already know this but its good to know what this all really means and this hearing the confirms this suspicion-

Trump should be impeached and eventually charged for his attempt to cover up his attempt to conspire with a foreign government's espionage campaign to commit election fraud.

If that's true, that means they will do it again in 2020, and most likely they'll have better methods which could potentially involve actual vote altering (which they attempted in 2016 but were unsuccessful).

We don't know that.

We don't even have a strong basis for believing that.

All we know is that there is no definitive evidence that votes were successfully changed.

We know they hacked into US voting systems, but that no votes were changed.

Why else would they hack into voting systems if not to alter votes?  Their efforts were unsuccessful but they did make the attempt.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2019, 08:38:28 AM »

Mueller seeming to have never heard of Fusion GPS is just sad.
Not as sad as your Michael Tracey arch of having an unhealthy hatred for Clinton which devolved into an unhealthy hatred for Russiagate which lead to you spewing Trumper talking points

There's nothing Trumper about despising the starting of a new cold war to distract from how sh**tty he Democratic party is.
Accusing Russiagate of “starting a new Cold War” or that is was just about distracting from Hillary is literally the Trumpest talking point you can spew. So congrats you proved my point

Russia's actions in Ukraine started another Cold War. Anyone acting like the increased tensions started with Russiagate hasn't been paying attention to what's going on in the world for the past five years.

Exactly right.  In fact, it could be argued we’ve already lost this new Cold War now that the GOP seem perfectly willing and desiring of Russia to meddle in our elections.

With Trump, we are an unofficial extension of the Kremlin.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies