Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:32:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24  (Read 65749 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 23, 2019, 09:25:13 AM »

So what will be in it?

First, it won't contain any exonerating statements of the form "X didn't happen." tho there may be some of the form " X didn't happen at place Y on time Z. "

I expect a good bit of it to be of the form "X suggests Y is probable but not certain enough to bring to trial." Reasonable doubt is a high hurdle to clear and despite our Toddler-in-Chief's claims, Mueller never was engaged in a witch hunt. Hence only those things he thought he could get a conviction on were going to be handed off to a trial court.

In short, it'll be what I always expected.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 09:34:22 PM »

DELUSIONAL DEMS are devastated by the presidents exoneration. I’m sure they’ll start up a new witch hunt soon tho. The average voter is over the entire Russia collusion/ trump. Is illegitimate bullsh**t. Economy is booming and so are re-election chances
The economy is no different now then it was in Obama’s second term

Actually, we had the yield curve invert earlier this month and that's been a fairly reliable indicator of a recession coming soon. (We don't always get a recession when the curve inverts, but we never get one without it inverting.)  I'd say we're likely to have a recession in 2020, with the only question being how deep it is and whether it happens early enuf in the year to cause economic pain in time to affect the election.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 09:42:02 PM »

President Trump just arrived back at the White House and went to the cameras and said, "I just want to tell you, that America is the greatest place on Earth."

Which just goes to show that even a little over two years of Trump hasn't been enuf to change that America is great.  It'll still be greater once he's out of office.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 08:25:17 PM »

I'm not about to go read all 32 pages of this thread that accumulated while I was working and then at church for Maundy Thurdsday, but its fairly clear this was a bad day for Trump, largely because he and Barr raised expectations so much. Still, most people will be confirmed in their perceptions, so while it was a bad day for Trump, it wasn't a horrible day.

The Democrats in the House have a tough road ahead the next few months. They need to investigate enough to be credible, but not so much as to make it look like Trump is being subjected to a witch hunt except to those who will not tolerate any criticism of their god-emperor.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 12:26:06 PM »

I see J.J. is bringing his usual gold standard of analysis.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies