Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:04:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24  (Read 65720 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 22, 2019, 06:53:41 PM »

Everyone calm down.
Let's wait until we get more details of what is in the report.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 01:40:45 AM »

Why do you guys WANT it to be true that trump colluded with russia? It is bizarre to me.
Millions of Americans are livid that their President WASN’T colluding with a foreign power
Think about that for a second. Imagine half of the country actively hoping that FDR or Truman was caught colluding with the Japanese during WW2.
It’s difficult to comprehend

FDR and Truman were decent men while Trump is a corrupt, narcissistic ,bigoted sack of sh!t
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 04:38:45 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2019, 04:43:17 PM by ProudModerate2 »

This is going to change no one’s vote either way in an election that’s over a year and a half away.

We still have a year and a half of House Committee investigations on the Orange Clown, his son, and other related issues. The link of trump to Russia will not go away. At the very least, it will tease trump on his continuation to talk and Tweet about it, which will keep the status quo of making him look like the childish, narcissistic psychopath that he is. This will continue to hurt him up until election day 2020. Even just a small percentage of GOP voters and a moderate amount of (add'l) independents that vote for "anyone but trump," will go a long way.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 05:04:14 PM »

Russia, Russia, Russia!
Oh wait....

You say "Oh wait" because you forgot about Flynn, didn't you?
We understand your error.
(President Trump’s former national security advisor, Lt. General Michael Flynn, was secretly communicating with Russian officials at the same time Russia was attacking our democracy. Flynn pleaded guilty to making false statements to the FBI about his communications with Russia. His final sentencing and more than likely prison-time, will be decided very soon.)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 05:05:43 PM »

DELUSIONAL DEMS are devastated by the presidents exoneration. I’m sure they’ll start up a new witch hunt soon tho. The average voter is over the entire Russia collusion/ trump. Is illegitimate bullsh**t. Economy is booming and so are re-election chances

How many times are you going to repeat the (almost) same post over and over again.
You sound like a (trolling) parrot.
Do you want a cracker or something?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 05:19:34 PM »

Russia, Russia, Russia!
Oh wait....

(President Trump’s former national security advisor, Lt. General Michael Flynn, was secretly communicating with Russian officials at the same time Russia was attacking our democracy. Flynn pleaded guilty to making false statements to the FBI about his communications with Russia. His final sentencing and more than likely prison-time, will be decided very soon.)

"The special counsel’s investigation was long, thorough and conclusive: There was no collusion."

Make up your mind.
Is it "Russia, Russia, Russia" or "collusion?"
You seem to change the (your) topic, when you realize you are wrong.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 08:12:37 PM »

Russia, Russia, Russia!
Oh wait....

"The special counsel’s investigation was long, thorough and conclusive: There was no collusion."

Make up your mind.
Is it "Russia, Russia, Russia" or "collusion?"
You seem to change the (your) topic, when you realize you are wrong.

No matter the topic it’s all a witch-hunt

Yes, very true. Mueller went "hunting for witches" and he indicted quite a bit of them. I hope they enjoy their jail time.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 11:00:52 PM »

Jesus Christ. Democrats you literally have a wealth of issues to attack him on. His odious economic policies, his trade war, his tax cuts for the rich, his f***ing wall, his obsession with keeping the minimum wage low.
Why do you need to attack him on Russia when you can literally attack him on any of these?

Because he's guilty.
And I would prefer to live in a nation where rule of law exists.
(Not that anyone should let up on any of the others. And don't forget his racism and bigotry, his attempted autocracy, his gross incompetence and unfitness, his pathetic self-dealing, etc.)

Even thought the report literally says they found no evidence of collusion, he's guilty? That's dangerously arbitrary.

We can attack him on your list, plus Ghost's list, plus other topics and Russia.
Why not continue to attack him, Jr, and his cohorts that were indicted on Russia?
The GOP continued to talk about/attack Hillary on issues where there was "no evidence."
Look at what they did with Benghazi.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 11:02:22 PM »

Jesus Christ. Democrats you literally have a wealth of issues to attack him on. His odious economic policies, his trade war, his tax cuts for the rich, his f***ing wall, his obsession with keeping the minimum wage low.

Why do you need to attack him on Russia when you can literally attack him on any of these?

To be fair, most 2020 candidates are attacking him more on those things.

Exactly.
Let the candidates concentrate on the "real issues," and let the House Committees irritate trump.
What's wrong with that?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 02:52:30 PM »

I look forward to not only seeing the full report, but I'm also interested to see what Mueller has to say when the appropriate House committee brings him forward to speak in front of them and the country.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2019, 03:19:56 PM »

Smiley
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2019, 11:37:48 AM »

2+ years of the Mueller investigation yields nothing, but the Ukranian AG finds tangible evidence against Hillary Clinton of collusion with a Ukranian citizen to influence the U.S. elections.

Ah yes, we must've all collectively imagined those multiple convictions that came out of the Mueller investigation.

Such a dodge.  Those convictions that had nothing to do with Russian collusion.  You know... the point of the special counsel.  That was the point.  That's what Democrats stated was the point.  Were you guys lying again?  I mean, if were going to prosecute people for lying to investigators, obstruction of justice, and collusion with Ukraine, the logical starting point is Hillary Clinton.  You know, that lady that's being investigated by the Ukrainian government for collusion.  

I'm not a Democrat, nor part of the RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA crowd, nor do I think anyone involved in the 2016 election should be anywhere but behind bars. But your answer is exactly what you claim mine was--a dodge. "Nothing came of it" *points to things that actually came from it* "Oh that doesn't count because I say it doesn't" is just more of the mindless moving of goalposts that's been coming from the brainwashed Trump crowd.

This thread is about collusion and obstruction of justice.  The investigation was about the Trump-Russia conspiracy.  It was predicated on the Trump-Russia collusion to influence the election.  That is topic of the thread.  That is the topic of investigation.  Everything else is BS.  I'm glad they charged the people that lied and worked on the behalf of the Ukrainians.  In the end, this investigation was a total farce.  We convicted small timers with crimes, while the Clintons committed the crimes at the center of this investigation; collusion with the Russians and Ukrainians to influence the U.S. elections.  The Democrats are the biggest threat to democracy in the U.S. elections and their own primaries, but we have to go along with this delusional conspiracy that Trump colluded with Russians. 

LOL.
First off, this thread is about the Mueller report. Mueller was given wide authority and the investigation's scope included "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation."
Let's not forget that six close trump campaign associates were indicted due to Mueller, and I hope they enjoy their jail time and/or other penalties.
Hammy has it right about your "brainwashed" mentality on "Oh that doesn't count because I say it doesn't."
Besides, in one breath you say it's only about trump-Russia, and in another you go on talking about Hillary-Russia-Ukraine. Make up your mind.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2019, 12:17:48 PM »

Cough

Americans' stupidity actually helps Democrats for once! Maybe they have more to gain from being stubborn than previously thought. It's worked for the GOP all this time after all.

It's a poll conducted before people have had a chance to digest the information.  There was also a poll conducted by CNN in which 0% of respondents did not consider the Mueller investigation the most important issue.  This was ignored by CNN commentators, in addition to the 20% that cared about immigration. 

I'm not saying there is going to be a bomb-shell in the full report.
But the more "people digest the information" and the extreme details in the 400-page Mueller report, the worse it will be for trump (not better).
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2019, 02:08:09 PM »

NBC polling is backing the CNN poll that found the Barr letter has not changed anyone’s mind

If trump received no significant gains in trust from the public (regarding Russia) in these polls, it's only going to get worse (not better) for him once details of the 400-page investigation are released. All the fine details will be scrutinized by the media and House investigation committees for the next 2 years.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2019, 01:52:04 AM »

NYT: Some on Mueller’s Team Say Report Was More Damaging Than Barr Revealed.

Some of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigators have told associates that Attorney General William Barr did not properly convey how damaging their findings were for President Donald Trump, The New York Times reported Wednesday.

The investigators said Barr, in his memo to Congress, did not adequately portray the results of their nearly two-year investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, the Times reports, according to government officials and others familiar with their frustrations. Investigators have concerns that Barr was able to shape the public's initial views of their report with his memo and now, without the report being made public, they are set in that narrative, according to the Times.

https://us.cnn.com/2019/04/03/politics/mueller-investigators-report-worse-for-trump/index.html
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2019, 04:26:09 PM »

It would have been less damaging if Barr had just released one of the pre-written summaries. Yes, even if it did say Trump obstructed justices, nothing major would have happened since republicans wouldn't be on board with impeachment. Now, Barr and the justice department look like they attempted to cover this up.

Idiots all around.

If I was Mueller, I would have included in the Full Report, my (Mueller's) official public release letter that should be released (and read) to the public and media regarding my summary of the full investigation. Have the letter be one of the very first pages in the report, and in the letter state that the investigation team is sternly requesting its immediate release. As Mueller is writing this official letter, he is obviously careful to not include any information in it, that would need to be "redacted."

If the Att Gen did not release the letter (which would be a huge mistake), then it would obviously come-out later in the full report given to House/Senate, and then obviously to the public.
This would almost assure it's release.
(Kind of a "sneaky" move, but I think it would work. Though I don't know if Mueller would do something like this.)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2019, 06:40:16 PM »

Justice Dept. to release two versions of redacted Mueller report.

There will be two versions of the redacted special counsel report, with one being released to the public and one that will eventually go to a limited number of members of Congress with fewer redactions, the Justice Department said Wednesday.

Some of the redactions in the Mueller report will be because of the gag order in the case involving Republican activist Roger Stone, they wrote. Prosecutors say they are making these redactions so not to potentially prejudice a jury, since Stone has pleaded not guilty to the charges he faces and is headed to trial.

https://us.cnn.com/2019/04/17/politics/redacted-mueller-report-congress/index.html
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2019, 01:32:37 PM »

I think this is big.
The Orange Buffoon is directing his people to lie.
Even when others are recommending that the truth be revealed, the president refuses and tells them to just say its about "Russian adoptions."
WTF is that about?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2019, 04:42:28 PM »

This sentence in the report, sounds almost like an invitation (and agreement) by Mueller, for Congress to punish and impeach the president ...

"The conclusion that Congress may apply the obstruction laws to the President's corrupt exercise of the powers of office accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law."

I look forward to Mueller discussing this in more detail, when he is asked to speak before the Congressional Committees.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2019, 04:49:37 PM »

Here is a "Key Finding" of the Mueller Report, as reported by CNN ...

Trump campaign "expected" help from Russians but did not conspire.
“[T]he investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts...”

— Vol. 1, p. 5, Special Counsel Mueller's report
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2019, 04:52:24 PM »

Trump asked campaign aides to find Clinton's emails.
“Michael Flynn – who would later serve as national security adviser in the Trump Administration – recalled that Trump made the request repeatedly, and Flynn subsequently contacted multiple people in an effort to obtain the emails.”

— Vol. 1, p. 62, Special Counsel Mueller's report
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2019, 04:55:22 PM »

Aides refused to help efforts to obstruct.
“The President's efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but that is largely because the persons who surrounded the President declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests.”

— Vol. 1, p. 158, Special Counsel Mueller's report
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2019, 06:04:32 PM »

Mueller report: Sarah Sanders lied about Comey.

A section of the Mueller report says that White House press secretary Sarah Sanders lied when she said people inside the FBI did not like then-FBI director James Comey and that was part of the justification for firing Comey.

The President's draft termination letter also stated that morale in the FBI was at an all-time low and Sanders told the press after Comey's termination that the White House had heard from "countless" FBI agents who had lost confidence in Comey. But the evidence does not support those claims. The President told Comey at their January 27 dinner that "the people of the FBI really like [him]," no evidence suggests that the President heard otherwise before deciding to terminate Comey, and Sanders acknowledged to investigators that her comments were not founded on anything.

— Vol. 1, p. 288, Special Counsel Mueller's report.

To watch CNN discussing this issue, click here: https://us.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/04/18/mueller-report-sarah-sanders-lied-comey-sot-vpx.cnn

The next time Sarah Sanders decides to spew "known and obvious" bulls**t during her press conferences, I hope that some of the reporters ask her "Is what you are saying based on fact, or is it not founded on anything."
The reporters should repeat this over and over again, for the next year and one-half. Just keep pounding her head (and ego) with this.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2019, 08:34:59 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2019, 09:36:51 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Don't you guys find it unusual (or hilarious) that certain blue avatars haven't said a thing in this thread about the release of the report?
What a bunch of cowards.
Especially those that have previously claimed that they "consistently point-out trump's controversies and idiocies in many/most threads."
I guess if the thread isn't about bashing Islam and certain Muslim congress people, then they would rather stick their head in the sand and pretend it didn't happen.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2019, 01:31:40 AM »

Kellyanne Conway's husband calls for Congress to remove 'cancer' of Trump.

George Conway, husband of top White House aide Kellyanne Conway, called for Congress to remove President Donald Trump from office following the release of the redacted special counsel report.

"White House counsel John Dean famously told (President Richard) Nixon that there was a cancer within the presidency and that it was growing," Conway wrote in a Washington Post op-ed published Thursday night. "What the Mueller report disturbingly shows, with crystal clarity, is that today there is a cancer in the presidency: President Donald J. Trump. Congress now bears the solemn constitutional duty to excise that cancer without delay."

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/18/politics/george-conway-trump/index.html
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies