Campaign for the preservation of Old Atlas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:34:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Campaign for the preservation of Old Atlas
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you support the possible preservation of “Old Atlas”, the type settings before the recent changes?
Yes, let it coexist with the renovations

Yes, revert back to the Old Atlas only

No

Other

No, but change some key issues with New Atlas

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Campaign for the preservation of Old Atlas  (Read 730 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 09, 2019, 10:58:00 PM »

As indicated by the mod Virginia, the Old Atlas will be removed entirely with the recent changes. As there is a sizable minority of posters who disagree with the changes, along with a majority who are okay with it but admit updates are necessary, this puts the renovations as a hotly contested issue. The USElectionAtlas Forum must be for the people, with those higher authorities caring about we, the people, have to say or risk traffic irrelevancy. That is why I am setting up a #People’sVote to settle on what is most comfortable to the netizens here. I wish for this to be a very constructive debate for the future of this medium open for discussion to the public.

I will repeat my case below for coexistence, and I hope we can come to a conclusion in three days when the polls close. I believe, for the Yes vote of all stripes, that if we mobilize we can achieve our goals through getting a majority on page. Let’s go!

My take on attempting to co-exist:
So after reviewing the new hyperlink tools, it is a bit difficult to navigate and change spelling mistakes mid-review. I’ll get used to it, but otherwise everything is pretty clear on what they mean by pictographs alone.

What do you mean?
So I post mainly on mobile, and a huge chunk of that is by citing news stories. With the old system, it would post the [url or quote] command on the text box and I’d manually type it out. On the new, it pops up a text box for urls. I’m saying I can’t go back and change it in that text box, instead I have to finish the command and update it lastly before posting.

I personally liked the old system, I feel as if it allowed for quicker fixes of grammatical errors and reflection, instead of a two step process here. The old system also doesn’t repeat the link itself as what I want in the plain title box.

Look at this, I only pasted something in once instead of the usual twice, not deleting anything.
https://uselectionatlas.org/ See, it carries the link forward.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 11:40:49 PM »

O horror! What happened to my beautitul moderator stars? How will the people respect me and my authority without them?

currently im neutral. someone convince me in either direction.
There are issues with the new system, such as difficulty with hyperlink editing and a major portion of posters who don’t like the new recommended feature. There is also the fact that we could be alienating old users by phasing out Old Atlas in it’s entirety, along with losing the old charm it brought on. I believe it is best to have both co-exist with each other, and allow there to be choice on what looks he’s for the people.

There was nothing broken with the old typing system here, and since I respect that many people like the new changes, I’m willing to let the users decide on what version they want to have.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 03:35:43 AM »

O horror! What happened to my beautitul moderator stars? How will the people respect me and my authority without them?

F**k you, friend Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 06:16:06 AM »

What is a YaBB God?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 07:59:13 AM »

F**k you, friend Smiley
Not an argument :^).
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 08:13:29 AM »

Hey, as long as the board still looks the same, I don't mind a few extra features.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 08:20:16 AM »

Probably should give it a couple of weeks, so far nothing has bothered me much, but I'm not a mobile poster.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 08:25:50 AM »

Hey, as long as the board still looks the same, I don't mind a few extra features.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2019, 08:40:53 AM »

I’m not disagreeing with that here, I support the campaign to have coexistence.
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2019, 09:47:49 AM »

x HenryWallaceVP. I personally don't like the recommend feature or the new poll layout, but the "Save Draft" option while typing out posts is a great new addition. Features aside, though, it is most important to me that the old look and feel of the website be retained.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2019, 09:48:48 AM »

None of the features are intrusive.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2019, 09:55:09 AM »

x HenryWallaceVP. I personally don't like the recommend feature or the new poll layout, but the "Save Draft" option while typing out posts is a great new addition. Features aside, though, it is most important to me that the old look and feel of the website be retained.

This has certainly given me some new insight into how much the old look has to preserved when the big SMF update is done in the future, but I still have to reiterate that it's not feasible to preserve everything because it would be an enormous amount of work on top of what is already a huge task.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2019, 10:12:00 AM »

This has certainly given me some new insight into how much the old look has to preserved when the big SMF update is done in the future, but I still have to reiterate that it's not feasible to preserve everything because it would be an enormous amount of work on top of what is already a huge task.
I am willing to contribute $5-$15 dollars in a crowdfunding effort for you labor here if there is no other possibility.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2019, 09:27:51 PM »

Bump, come on guys. There are serious issues raised with the new system by a handful of posters that need discussing. For both those who want change and those who want to keep the old, I invite you to voice your comments in this non-binding referendum.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2019, 06:07:22 AM »

Bump, come on guys. There are serious issues raised with the new system by a handful of posters that need discussing. For both those who want change and those who want to keep the old, I invite you to voice your comments in this non-binding referendum.

My comment is that this really doesn't need discussion.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2019, 09:38:26 AM »

From the absolute landslide of this non-binding referendum, I have decided to cut it short. Even though the right side lost, I do hope it doesn’t discourage the admins to create a better system eventually.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies