What I don't get about the 2016 Trump campaign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:26:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What I don't get about the 2016 Trump campaign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What I don't get about the 2016 Trump campaign  (Read 7321 times)
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2019, 04:09:19 AM »

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/09/the-tea-party-got-what-it-wanted/
Arbitrage1980
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2019, 07:13:28 PM »

What accounts for the MASSIVE enthusiasm for him? I'm not talking about the rallies or overlooking his scandals. I'm talking about the gigantic, house-sized murals or fields full of signs that some rural folk put up. I've never seen that for any other candidate. What was so special about Trump that inspired these people so much?

You obviously weren't in the Bay Area at the height of Obama-mania.

Yeah, Obama 08 was portrayed as a messianic figure. The media worships him.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2019, 07:17:00 PM »

What accounts for the MASSIVE enthusiasm for him? I'm not talking about the rallies or overlooking his scandals. I'm talking about the gigantic, house-sized murals or fields full of signs that some rural folk put up. I've never seen that for any other candidate. What was so special about Trump that inspired these people so much?

The two messianic figures - Obama and Trump - were both disappointments. Democracy is not supposed to be about the worship of one man.
Arbitrage1980
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2019, 07:54:34 PM »

The two messianic figures - Obama and Trump - were both disappointments. Democracy is not supposed to be about the worship of one man.

I agree that the office of the Presidency has become too powerful and glorified. But the media worships Obama and gave him a free pass, while its coverage of Trump has been almost entirely negative and biased. It spent a few years obsessing over the Russia collusion hoax and spread numerous falsehoods about Trump.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2019, 12:23:17 AM »
« Edited: November 14, 2019, 12:26:45 AM by darklordoftech »

I wonder if we’d be better off if Hillary won in 2008. Over and over again, candidates who use feel-good phrases with no policies to back them defeat candidates who have detailed policy plans. We saw this in 1992, 2000, 2008, and 2016.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies