Any Y: The Last Man fans out there?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:51:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Any Y: The Last Man fans out there?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Any Y: The Last Man fans out there?  (Read 104 times)
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 25, 2019, 11:34:24 AM »

This kind of splits the difference between off-topic and politics but I figured I'd put it here instead.
Do you guys and gals think they'll update the show for the modern time or keep it largely the same? BKV says that he and Guerra picked the showrunner because he pitched it in a way that wouldn't be slavishly devoted to the source material. Here are the things off the top of my head I could see being needed to change.

1. I could a Pelosi (by that I mean Speaker) equivalent being president after the plague. In the book, they have to go all the way to the interior secretary to find a president. The book started in 2002, five years before there was a female speaker and before Condi was SoS making her #4. The rank of the new president in the previous line of succession will probably depend on if the previous office holder was a D or R.

2. There are enough women in Congress now for President "Pelosi" to have a governing coalition but the gender gap that was already present is only worse now. There'd be roughly five times as many Ds in Congress than Rs. There'd also be a similar lopsidedness in the states.  Only having 9 surviving governors would also be a huge problem though.

3. Israel became the world power because they were only country that allowed women in combat at the time but now there are way more populous countries that allow it. I guess India would become the world power?

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies