Jordan Peele's Us
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:50:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Jordan Peele's Us
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jordan Peele's Us  (Read 467 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 22, 2019, 02:48:17 PM »

Just saw the new Us movie yesterday! 10/10. Best horror movie I've ever seen. Peele is a genius and I hope he never stops.

Anyone else see it or intend to?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 03:23:21 PM »

If it's half as good as Get Out it will be awesome.  I'll wait until it's easily available to me though.  I'm also excited about him producing the new Twilight Zone show.
ltomlinson31
Canada

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 11:49:53 PM »

I'm gong to be watching it within the next week. A few friends of mine have seen it, and I'm really excited to check it out based on what they've been saying.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 03:06:48 PM »

While I think Get Out might've been ever so slightly better than Us, it's so close that it's basically a tie.  I mean, Us was basically a perfect movie.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 04:45:03 PM »

Heard mixed reviews ... I think it’s a waste of time to see something without a positive outlook, so I’m assuming that it’ll be VERY good based on the trailer.  Excited to see it.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 07:14:30 PM »

Just saw it brah that movie killed it. Jordan Peele is a genius, I can't believe a comedian comes up with this stuff.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 01:33:06 PM »

I saw it last night. Pretty good but once I got home and read the theories it made it even better in hindsight. Going to see it again next weekend so that I can catch stuff I missed.

Glad to see it breaking box office records. I'm definitely here for Jordan Peele being this generation's Alfred Hitchcock.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 03:10:02 PM »

I saw it last night. Pretty good but once I got home and read the theories it made it even better in hindsight. Going to see it again next weekend so that I can catch stuff I missed.

Glad to see it breaking box office records. I'm definitely here for Jordan Peele being this generation's Alfred Hitchcock.

Ehh...I'd argue Jordan Peele is his own thing (and I mean that in the best sense).  Most Hitchcock films  followed a very clear formula with a distinct set of recurring tropes and other than Psycho and the second half of Vertigo, I'd argue they generally haven't really aged all that well (although Rear Window and Strangers on a Train certainly have their moments).  Of course, many would disagree with me on that last point.  Plus, aside from Psycho, Hitchcock wasn't really a horror director and his films certainly aren't known for their social commentary.  
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 10:03:32 PM »

Ehh...I'd argue Jordan Peele is his own thing (and I mean that in the best sense).  Most Hitchcock films  followed a very clear formula with a distinct set of recurring tropes and other than Psycho and the second half of Vertigo, I'd argue they generally haven't really aged all that well (although Rear Window and Strangers on a Train certainly have their moments).  Of course, many would disagree with me on that last point.  Plus, aside from Psycho, Hitchcock wasn't really a horror director and his films certainly aren't known for their social commentary.  
Thanks for the lesson. The only Hitchcock movies I have watched are Psycho and The Birds.... I was under the illusion he was a connoisseur of horror and that Peele was a modern version of that Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 11:35:17 AM »

Thanks for the lesson. The only Hitchcock movies I have watched are Psycho and The Birds.... I was under the illusion he was a connoisseur of horror and that Peele was a modern version of that Tongue

No problem Smiley  Hitchcock was more about suspenseful thrillers than horror films (although the two can easily overlap).  I think Psycho and the second half of Vertigo (haven’t seen The Birds) hold up so well because they kinda break the traditional Hitchcock mold (especially Psycho).  I do wonder whether Hitchcock might have dabbled in horror a bit more if the genre weren’t so restricted by absurd rules like that any character shown committing a crime has to get caught or killed, villainous characters are not allowed to “win” at the end of any movie, depictions of violence or sexuality (including verbal discussions) had to be pre-approved by a board whose obstensible reason for existence was to preserve the Christian moral decency of the moviegoing public, etc.  As it is, this nonsense almost kept Psycho from getting made.  In 1967, these rules kinda died when folks just got fed up and kinda just started ignoring them (Dirty Dozen, The Graduate, Bonnie and Clyde, and In the Heat of the Night couldn’t be made without completely disregarding the aforementioned restrictions). 

I mean, it was a real fight in 1965 when Mike Nichols barely managed to keep the insults in the movie of Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf from literally being changed to things like “you miserable so-and-so” and “why you little such-and-such.”
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies