ME-SEN: Collins +22 over Gideon.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:54:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  ME-SEN: Collins +22 over Gideon.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: ME-SEN: Collins +22 over Gideon.  (Read 3944 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2019, 03:01:29 PM »

But, I though Collins was a tossup or even, tilt D, because of muh-Kavanuagh

This race is, was, and will remain Lean R, closer to likely than tossup, gun to my head, Collins wins by anywhere from 7 to 10 pp.

She had been calling for more independent investigations on Trump concerning collusion with Russia.

She didnt get on the celebration team like alot of GOPers with the rest of the GOP. She believes that Trump is ethically challenged. And still is by Indies and Ds despite the Mueller report that was biased
HarrisonL

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2019, 11:11:11 AM »

This poll, if it is accurate, surprised me significantly, I expected Collins' race to be more competitive than this.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2019, 12:07:56 PM »

I think there's a chance the fake moderate can be defeated if her favorables can driven down by demonstrating that she's not at all moderate.

Lol, I love how only someone out of office and gone can be a *TRUE* moderate.  Whether or not you LIKE her or whether or not she's liberal ENOUGH for you are entirely valid concerns; but when people say "muh Kavanagh" or pick one random issue to "prove" that Collins isn't a moderate, that's ridiculous.  She clearly is.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2019, 01:53:46 PM »

This poll, if it is accurate, surprised me significantly, I expected Collins' race to be more competitive than this.

She won 61-39 having contributed to the economy being in freefall, and 68-32 in 2014. If you think the race is competitive, the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate that.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2019, 09:08:26 PM »

What's a Gideon
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2019, 09:13:47 PM »

Only 25% saying "yes" to voting for her, with 50% "considering"? Not great for Collins -- it tells me her floor isn't as high as people might think.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2019, 09:14:35 PM »

Only 25% saying "yes" to voting for her, with 50% "considering"? Not great for Collins -- it tells me her floor isn't as high as people might think.

Her floor is probably most of Trump approving voters, so 40%.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2019, 09:17:12 PM »

Her floor is probably most of Trump approving voters, so 40%.
Nah, just because you like Trump doesn't mean you like Collins. Would be surprised if she doesn't face a right-wing challenger in either the primary or the general, to make use of RCV.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2019, 08:22:53 PM »

Remember when Atlas thought Collins was finished because of MUH Kavanaugh, which voters would clearly not only care about but PRIORITIZE 2 years after the fact? lol
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2019, 09:17:31 PM »

Remember when Atlas thought Collins was finished because of MUH Kavanaugh, which voters would clearly not only care about but PRIORITIZE 2 years after the fact? lol

Yeah those people that thought she was finished are idiots, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think she’s potentially beatable next year, unlike in the past. The DSCC would be retarded to give up on such an opportunity in this polarized era. And, as has been mentioned in two or three threads, there’s a few Dems that are polling almost as highly as she is statewide (cough, Jared Golden)

Oh yeah, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this race ended up being competitive (or at the very least, more competitive than this poll shows.) But clearly Kavanaugh meant jack squat, so the Atlas handwringing about it is utterly hilarious in retrospect. Just look at all the abuse I took for saying so in this aptly named thread: "Did Susan Collins just announce her retirement?"

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=303207.0

Pepperidge Farm Remembers
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2019, 09:33:10 PM »

About as dumb as the people who thought Murkowski would lose in 2022 for the same reason.
jacobmeteorite
jafcontact
Rookie
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2019, 09:25:39 AM »

I'm not surprised Collins is polling well. Even with her BK vote, she's still been around for centuries in Maine politics, and her constituency seems to love her.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies