Article 13 passes European Parliament (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:49:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Article 13 passes European Parliament (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Article 13 passes European Parliament  (Read 1418 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: March 26, 2019, 04:47:46 PM »

Time to bring in bootleg memes!

Now seriously, this is a horrible law that will only harm the internet. I can only hope the implementation is done in the least harmful possible way, which will still be very harmful
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 05:03:50 PM »

Terrible ruling that will make the internet less free. Hopefully the courts do something about it or at least upload filters are being prevented. Let's see what kind of laws the national governments enact.

Will the Pirate Party receive seats from the backlash against the ruling across Europe?

LOL no. They're essentially a dead thing. The hype was in 2011/12 and is long over.
Okay fine, will they at least regionally get a bump back? How about getting backlash from other rising and/or establishment parties.

Worth noting that while the German Pirates are almost dead (a shame, as their MEP was by far the most vocal opponent and she did a lot to try and stop this), other pirate parties are performing better.

I think the Czech pirates will definitely benefit from this, though they might be the only pirate party left.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 05:40:45 AM »

And piece of sh**t Emanuel Marcon got it made even worse. Only small websites less than 3 years old are exempt from the upload filter. I'm sure Dave Leip will be thrilled that extorted for not filtering thanks to Marcon.
he could block all the EU domains from accessing the site...I hope that's what all websites do.

Well, in that case it was nice meeting you all!

Now seriously, I imagine Dave will simply lock out EU users without images like guests without an account; but not out of the forum alltogether
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies