LC 1.16 Right To Work Repeal Act (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:33:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 1.16 Right To Work Repeal Act (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LC 1.16 Right To Work Repeal Act  (Read 1043 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« on: April 03, 2019, 06:06:11 AM »

Tfw the same people who just complained that the Speaker holds votes too fast without debate demand that no amendments to a contentious bill be debated at all so that a retarded bill can be rammed through without any input. Once again Lincoln's pathetic government structure stands out.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 12:31:19 PM »

Tfw the same people who just complained that the Speaker holds votes too fast without debate demand that no amendments to a contentious bill be debated at all so that a retarded bill can be rammed through without any input. Once again Lincoln's pathetic government structure stands out.

Reactionary, while I value your contributions on a lot of issues, I do feel like you're wrong here. I would ask the same decency be extended to all legislators, not just a select group. The fact of the matter is that there was time for Lfromnj to propose his Amendment, there was a motion for a final vote on the floor, the parliamentary procedure was literally on its last legs before Lfromnj proposed his amendment. The time for debate and objections had elapsed, and we cannot criticize some lapses in parliamentary procedure while encouraging others.

Anyway, I will sign this soon.

Floor leaders can be flexible with the application of the rules since this is just a game and we tend to prefer debate to no debate. Despite hating the 3D guns bill introduced last year I deliberately held the final vote open on that bill for over a week to try and get a quorum rather than just mechanically rule that 72 hrs had elapsed without a quorum. Was there really a need to rush this through? I  mean there are like 12 big bills already written that I hope will be on the floor in Lincoln soon, but only 2 have been posted in the legislative thread at this time and its not like there are related major deadlines.

At the very least I hope that the amendment language will be considered in another bill. Considering it appeared that a legislator wanted to rush through a cloture vote rather than even letting the amendment be acknowledged (which is not the same as merely pointing out that the previousmotion had matured), I would hope a similar amendment in a future bill won't be ignored.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies