Reasonable Europeans Should Read This Objectively...It Makes Sense (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:08:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Reasonable Europeans Should Read This Objectively...It Makes Sense (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reasonable Europeans Should Read This Objectively...It Makes Sense  (Read 2403 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: November 15, 2005, 07:45:27 AM »

Three years ago -December 2002 - I was asked to take part in a symposium on Europe and began with the observation: "I find it easier to be optimistic about the futures of Iraq and Pakistan than, say, Holland or Denmark."

At the time, this was taken as confirmation of my descent into insanity.
Well, either that or just a very warped - but not necessarily entirely pointless - definition of the things to be optimistic about.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Neither was good on that count.

Not really... Aznar undid himself by saying not a word of truth about the attack ... and being found out.
So Saddam Hussein was an Islamist terrorist?
Case settled.
He is insane.

Here I wanted to stop reading, but then I did read the next paragraph after all...
Societal cohesion? In Iraq? Afghanistan? LOL fucking LOL. Get a grip on reality. Maybe touch the wall next to you and assure you it's still there.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 08:42:04 AM »

Could you two calm it down a little, please?

To get called a "paranoid mind" isn't exactly a good condition to stay calm. Wink
Now you're being paranoid. Wink
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 01:04:28 PM »

Well, yes. Most do. (Of course, the statement is grammatically incorrect, but this is standard usage these days, and not limited to America or the Right.)
It's not as if all the rioters in France were Muslims, you know.
Too true. We're slowly approaching American standards in this respect. Might be there in a hundred years if we're not careful.
Okay, hundred is hyperbole. Make that thirty.

Not one visitor that I'd care to meet. Smiley
"Crowded"? LOL.
Hm. So, were they Turks or Arabs? Huh

No. Certainly not true. Not only that you'll be hard pressed to find more than one or three European neighborhoods as heavily segregated as most US cities, but also not true that there's many cities where the downtown area is whiter than the average...Even though I guess by outskirts he doesn't mean the outskirts of the city, but the area just beyond the most central area. (Oh, and by the way ... there are streets galore in Frankfurt where by the look of shops, you would assume that this area is close to 100% Muslim...but looking at names listed on the doorbells, you'l lfind that it's high but not more than about 50% at the maximum)

Um, think: Black Ghettos.

Actually, they do. Not much help if noone else is going to...
LOL, I've never heard such nonsense. (I won't rule out a case of some such madman somewhere...the Catholic Church long preached against right angles because they "don't occur in nature"...but to claim that "they don't" is seriously off the deep end. The first such statement in this article by the way, it seems not as bad as the first one.
LOL. Well, the sort of laugh you choke on. Even one case of that is one case too many.

That's formulating very pointedly ... but yeah, as far as the women go, it's not quite pointless.

LOL.
Sounds like Germany, the 1960s. Thank God those days are over. (The immigrants in question back then were mostly Italians and Spaniards, though ... the Turks came a little later. Then again, in many ways, Italians are still the worst integrated of Germany's "new minorities"...horrible school performance, low levels of intermarriage, low levels of naturalization...maybe it's because Italy's so close.

Several strongly Islamic areas in Brussels...including separate North African and Turkish ones.
Where?
Answer - stopped patrolling, France. ceded control to religious leaders, no.

It's the absurd and disgusting statements of the secretary of the interior.
The problem is, these may be the same individuals.

Okay...he's wrong on a couple of major counts... the throwing in of "Muslim" all the time isn't really all that helpful to seeing the problem. It's much better seen as a problem of race relations, and of immigrant integration - which is not the same as assimilation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies