Meanwhile in Brunei
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:17:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Meanwhile in Brunei
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Meanwhile in Brunei  (Read 1487 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2019, 06:20:14 PM »

As several state are planning on decriminalizing homosexuality, the sultan isn't going to distance himself from his plans.

in April, Sultan Hassanal wrote a four-page letter to the European parliament, defending his decision to start imposing death by stoning as a punishment for gay sex, claiming convictions will be rare as it requires two men of “high moral standing and piety” to be witnesses. He asked the MEPs for “tolerance, respect and understanding” with regard to the country’s desire to preserve its traditional values and “family lineage”. Poor guy! Roll Eyes

"Respect my right to kill people, you intolerant bastards!"
NRA in a nutshell as well.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2019, 02:46:04 PM »

As several state are planning on decriminalizing homosexuality, the sultan isn't going to distance himself from his plans.

in April, Sultan Hassanal wrote a four-page letter to the European parliament, defending his decision to start imposing death by stoning as a punishment for gay sex, claiming convictions will be rare as it requires two men of “high moral standing and piety” to be witnesses. He asked the MEPs for “tolerance, respect and understanding” with regard to the country’s desire to preserve its traditional values and “family lineage”. Poor guy! Roll Eyes

It's spelled "NARAL"
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2019, 03:02:14 PM »

I honestly wonder what is the Sultan's motivation, aside of being a known psychopath. It's not like he's under any real pressure to enact this.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2019, 03:03:32 PM »

It's the whole GOP in a nutshell. "Respect our right to abuse, exploit and control other human beings, but don't you dare try to make us treat other people with respect."
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2019, 03:16:17 PM »

I honestly wonder what is the Sultan's motivation, aside of being a known psychopath. It's not like he's under any real pressure to enact this.

Maybe just being a psychopath and he actually is "convinced" this is the right thing to do. Disgraceful one way or the other, he should be sanctioned.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2019, 03:29:24 PM »

Maybe he is a very devout Muslim and he just wanted to apply pressure on his gay son.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2019, 03:50:58 PM »

Maybe just being a psychopath and he actually is "convinced" this is the right thing to do. Disgraceful one way or the other, he should be sanctioned.

I'm glad that many companies have distanced themselves from him or even ended economic collaborations, for example Virgin Australia, which used to have a staff deal with Royal Brunei including discounted tickets leisure travel.

Some celebrities, such as George Clooney, Ellen DeGeneres, and Elton John, have also called for boycotts of hotels that are in Hassanal's possession, which is a very wonderful gesture.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies