2021 VA Executive Mansion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:05:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2021 VA Executive Mansion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Who wins in November 2021 to succeed the scandal-plagued Northam ?
Dem Hold

GOP

Toss-Up

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 102

Author Topic: 2021 VA Executive Mansion  (Read 4381 times)
Duke of York

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2019, 11:06:17 PM »

I'm predicting a Republcan sweep of all statewide offices in 2021.  It may be the last time in my lifetime that ever happens, but the Democrats in VA have shot themselves in the foot in ways I never dreamed possible.

If the body of Democrats had accepted Northam's apology quietly and gone onward, they would not be where they are now.  Where they are now is in the status of being a collective laughingstock.  And, on top of all of that, their own behavior was catalytic in bringing up the worst allegations; the actual sexual allegations against their Lt. Governor, Justin Fairfax.  (And they all came out AFTER Democratic pols called for Northam's resignation saying things like how Justin Fairfax was "the Governor VA needs right now".

Perhaps the Democrats have learned the wisdom of not hammering people for what they did in 1984 by the standards of 2019.  Then, again, we are a nation of slow learners, so . . .
I very much doubt it. The VA GOP is well on their way to irrelevancy. They would have lost the House of Delegates in 2017 under a fair map and had it not been for an unfairly counted ballot in Newport News.

It is extremely unlikely they will retain control of either chamber of the State Legislature in November and will lose them divisively.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2019, 01:40:43 PM »

Yeah, the whole "elect governors of opposite party" thing is more coincidence than causation – Wyoming also had a similar pattern for longer than Virginia, if I recall correctly, but Mark Gordon pretty easily waltzed into office.
jbm4pres
Rookie
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2019, 08:20:56 PM »

How would an all female ticket do in Virginia in 2021? Maybe McClellan-Favola-Carroll Foy? Good regional, ethnic, and age diversity. Might be able to move the state and the party beyond Northam-Fairfax-Herring.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2019, 09:46:55 PM »

500 cry-laughing emojis.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2019, 09:49:31 PM »

NO, if MD Dems blow that seat, they just disband as a party. even David Trone would bury Boyd Rutherford, by double digits
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2019, 10:37:56 AM »

What are the odds we'll see Richmond, VA Mayor Levar Stoney (D) running for statewide office in 2021 ?
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2019, 10:40:10 AM »

Likely D if Trump is president, Tilt D if a Dem is president.

More like Safe D if Trump is President and Likely D if a Democrat is President.
JMT

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2019, 01:02:27 PM »

What are the odds we'll see Richmond, VA Mayor Levar Stoney (D) running for statewide office in 2021 ?

I think its pretty likely Stoney runs for Governor in 2021, especially with Fairfax and Herring being embroiled in their scandals.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2019, 02:42:17 PM »

I think its pretty likely Stoney runs for Governor in 2021, especially with Fairfax and Herring being embroiled in their scandals.

He seems pretty ambitious.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2019, 08:55:21 PM »

heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2019, 09:36:07 AM »

TMAC-Stoney-Perriello or TMAC-Northam-Herring will work for a successful statewide ticket. What a beautiful piece of news — this’ll excite millions of voters across the state.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2019, 05:00:22 PM »

If Vogel ran, would she have any chance? She ran closer then Gillespie in 2017 and she's from NVA
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2019, 11:50:24 PM »

TMAC-Stoney-Perriello or TMAC-Northam-Herring will work for a successful statewide ticket. What a beautiful piece of news — this’ll excite millions of voters across the state.

The VA Lieutenant Governor is elected independent separately.
Senate Minority Leader Lord Voldemort
Joshua
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: -5.91

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2019, 02:27:30 PM »

Bring back the T-Mac.

Titanium D.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2019, 04:47:55 PM »

If this was any other state than VA, it’d probably be close. You know they’re going to run a loon on the Republican side
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2019, 02:04:18 PM »

Hope T-Mac runs again. He was a successful and honest governor. Maybe they can then get rid of the silly one-term limit?

Abigail Spanberger would also be a good candidate, though I'd prefer her to keep her seat or replace Mark Warner.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2019, 02:52:37 PM »

Hope T-Mac runs again. He was a successful and honest governor. Maybe they can then get rid of the silly one-term limit?

Abigail Spanberger would also be a good candidate, though I'd prefer her to keep her seat or replace Mark Warner.

I do NOT see VA removing the 1-term rule anytime soon. They seem to like the status quo up there.

On Warner: I do NOT see him giving up his US Senate seat anytime soon.
Duke of York

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2019, 02:58:04 PM »

Its probably very likely he runs for Governor if he wins reelection as Mayor next year.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2019, 03:21:45 PM »

What is wrong with Herring?
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2019, 05:46:42 PM »

Herring's damaged because of his own blackface scandal & the VA Dems do NOT want to see him as their nominee for Governor in 2021.

If I was the VA Dems, I would distance myself from Northam, Fairfax & Herring altogether & cut ties with them as well. Got to avoid all 3 of them at all costs.
Duke of York

« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2019, 11:33:26 PM »

Herring's damaged because of his own blackface scandal & the VA Dems do NOT want to see him as their nominee for Governor in 2021.

If I was the VA Dems, I would distance myself from Northam, Fairfax & Herring altogether & cut ties with them as well. Got to avoid all 3 of them at all costs.
where did you get the info from that Dems don't want Herring as the nominee?

I hope Stoney runs and its very likely in my view he does if he wins reelection next year. He seems very ambitious
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2019, 03:59:46 AM »

I knew Northam and Fairfax are dealing with scandals, but what happened with Herring? I wasn't aware of anything going on with him.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2019, 09:30:27 PM »

I knew Northam and Fairfax are dealing with scandals, but what happened with Herring? I wasn't aware of anything going on with him.

His 2021 campaign account is still open so he's running for now. He did a few interviews and has been doing the same 'racial reconciliation' tour stuff that Northam is doing. I think he has an uphill path in the primary though he's probably doomed if a women runs. Primary voters will probably want a clean break from all three in 2021.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2019, 09:59:32 PM »

He also admitted to wearing blackface at a college party, but unlike Northam there aren't any known pictures of him wearing it.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2019, 07:52:38 AM »

I still don't see Herring as the nominee though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies