2021 VA Executive Mansion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:47:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2021 VA Executive Mansion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins in November 2021 to succeed the scandal-plagued Northam ?
Dem Hold

GOP

Toss-Up

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 102

Author Topic: 2021 VA Executive Mansion  (Read 4408 times)
Duke of York

« on: April 06, 2019, 11:06:17 PM »

I'm predicting a Republcan sweep of all statewide offices in 2021.  It may be the last time in my lifetime that ever happens, but the Democrats in VA have shot themselves in the foot in ways I never dreamed possible.

If the body of Democrats had accepted Northam's apology quietly and gone onward, they would not be where they are now.  Where they are now is in the status of being a collective laughingstock.  And, on top of all of that, their own behavior was catalytic in bringing up the worst allegations; the actual sexual allegations against their Lt. Governor, Justin Fairfax.  (And they all came out AFTER Democratic pols called for Northam's resignation saying things like how Justin Fairfax was "the Governor VA needs right now".

Perhaps the Democrats have learned the wisdom of not hammering people for what they did in 1984 by the standards of 2019.  Then, again, we are a nation of slow learners, so . . .
I very much doubt it. The VA GOP is well on their way to irrelevancy. They would have lost the House of Delegates in 2017 under a fair map and had it not been for an unfairly counted ballot in Newport News.

It is extremely unlikely they will retain control of either chamber of the State Legislature in November and will lose them divisively.
Duke of York

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 02:58:04 PM »

What are the odds we'll see Richmond, VA Mayor Levar Stoney (D) running for statewide office in 2021 ?

Its probably very likely he runs for Governor if he wins reelection as Mayor next year.
Duke of York

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 11:33:26 PM »

Herring's damaged because of his own blackface scandal & the VA Dems do NOT want to see him as their nominee for Governor in 2021.

If I was the VA Dems, I would distance myself from Northam, Fairfax & Herring altogether & cut ties with them as well. Got to avoid all 3 of them at all costs.
where did you get the info from that Dems don't want Herring as the nominee?

I hope Stoney runs and its very likely in my view he does if he wins reelection next year. He seems very ambitious
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies