2021 VA Executive Mansion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:47:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2021 VA Executive Mansion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins in November 2021 to succeed the scandal-plagued Northam ?
Dem Hold

GOP

Toss-Up

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 102

Author Topic: 2021 VA Executive Mansion  (Read 4421 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 03, 2019, 06:08:57 PM »

Dem hold, but might be close-ish if Trump loses in 2020.

It's true, may be within single digits if Trump loses.

Remember that Virginia had a tendency to elect governors from the party opposite of the incumbent President's party from 1977 onwards (except 2013), even when the incumbent President's party won VA decisively at the Presidential level. The 2021 result could indicate whether 2013 was just an aberration or part of a larger pro-Democratic trend.

I think we have enough evidence to say that this trend effectively stopped in 2013 and VA now votes as a solid blue state. The only reason this fell into the "trend" in 2017 was because the President was a Republican and VA would have still voted comfortably for Northam if Hillary won.

Let's be honest, the trend would have held in 2013 if the VAGOP had nominated Bolling. T-Mac was not seen as a good candidate.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 09:59:32 PM »

I knew Northam and Fairfax are dealing with scandals, but what happened with Herring? I wasn't aware of anything going on with him.

He also admitted to wearing blackface at a college party, but unlike Northam there aren't any known pictures of him wearing it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies