Netanyahu Pledges to Annex Israeli Settlements in the West Bank... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:15:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Netanyahu Pledges to Annex Israeli Settlements in the West Bank... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Netanyahu Pledges to Annex Israeli Settlements in the West Bank...  (Read 1799 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« on: April 13, 2019, 10:05:29 PM »

The two state solution is pretty much dead at this point anyway, atleast with Trump and Netanyahu at the helm. Hell, I doubt a democrat replacement and Gantz would make much of a difference either.

I know many people picture the Israeli settlements as ultra orthodox religious compounds surrounded by walls, but in actuality its more akin to being in a first world European country. Picture luxury townhouses and supermarkets. From my interactions with Israelis, many see them as quiet suburbs of Jerusalem. So, Israel vacating them is pretty much dead on arrival.

Do I think what Israel is doing is right? Hell no. But I also don't think Gantz is going to make a meaningful difference in the peace process. Netanyahu might as well rip the band-aid off and speed the process along, especially with such a strong ally in the white house.   

The idea that Israel can just annex the parts of the West Bank (I'm sorry, "Judaea and Samaria") that they like/want and not have to deal with the rest of the people who live there is wildly unrealistic.

South Africa tried that once and it did not end well.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies