2019 NHL Playoffs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:53:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2019 NHL Playoffs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: 2019 NHL Playoffs  (Read 5963 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2019, 06:54:56 PM »

Going to Blues vs Stars game 3 right now.
Blues have not lost on the road in the playoffs this year.  LGB!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2019, 10:35:00 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2019, 11:05:00 PM by Prolocutor Bagel23 »

Going to Blues vs Stars game 3 right now.
Blues have not lost on the road in the playoffs this year.  LGB!

Yeah this game sucked, total waste of time and resources, painful to watch. I can see the end of the road for Dallas here. Gg

Further (hella bias) “thoughts”

refs sucked but that was only like 10% of it the rest was the Stars fault

Dallas played mediocre, Blues played a solid good game but not great

Bishop had yet another sh!tty game getting cheesed from the inner blue line corners

Blues ran a much better interference on the previously far superior stars puck passings

Dallas is sorely missing out on the big defensive bodies on its team but not currently playing  such as Mark Methot who has been out all season and is probably never coming back, Stephen Johns also out all season, maybe coming back next year, and Oleksiak who has been gone for the past few games and on a day by day return watch, hopefully soon. Only Esa and Roman have some size left in our defense and Roman is older and not quick, Klingberg and Fedun are just getting bodied without enough backup, Klingberg is a stick and Fedun is just not big or that good for nhl hockey. Only defenseman thriving on the stars rn is Miro (duh).

JGibson
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2019, 12:45:48 AM »

What a wild win Game 3 was for my Blues. I just wish my team would stop needlessly blowing leads and do stupid stuff such as giving up that shorty.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2019, 09:12:37 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2019, 09:15:53 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

Man, does the NHL have the best professional postseason or what! Even with just one of the eight teams I casually (very casually) cheer for in the quarterfinal stage, this is just so much fun. At risk of sounding like the those SUPER annoying people who only show up for March Madness with full confidence after not watching a game in 11 months, I assure you I do at least watch my Rangers for most of the year. Thank you all for being more than casual fans the rest of the year so we can all experience such a pure and energized postseason.

The Dallas-St. Louis game last night was an unbelievable roller coaster of momentum shifts and turns - the shorthanded goal was unreal, only for the Stars to go south as they always have and give it right back. And even with three goals against, Binnington felt like a brick wall in the crease that was not going to let Dallas beat him. He was like a 160 pound bowling pin trying to be knocked down by the 6 pound training ball. Not a chance!

And tonight's game between Columbus and Boston was really what drove me to post that this is some of the best hockey I have seen in a couple years, which comes with the territory of living in New York. Columbus' pure passing and consistent opportunity-creation for the duration of the game was artful. Where was a Power Play like the one that scored the second goal when Tortorella was leading the Rangers! Rask did everything he could, but the Blue Jacket energy was unmatched. Boston also had flashes of brilliance with some magnificent set-ups ricocheted off Bobrovsky, but they weren't able to convert and the strategy did not create nearly as many opportunities.

And I'd hate to forget to commend Columbus' defensive wizardry when they were at full strength in the defensive zone which was extraordinarily helpful in minimizing the Boston opportunities. That is a Tort staple I did not forget.

Great job to all participants!

San Jose is my favourite team left. Dallas is tolerable, has beloved Zucc and would give the Rangers a pick. The Jackets are a lovable underdog with a deserving coach. And the Isles are the only division rival I could consider cheering on. Definitely a lot of reasons to keep on watching!

Thank you James Creighton for creating this great sport. Thank you Gary Bettman for revitalizing the game and the whole playoff experience. Thank you players for fighting for a fair wage on the ice and being exemplary citizens off of it. And thank you to the true fans from Nashville to Vegas (Las Vegas) to Columbus for coming to the games, cheering your hearts out and welcoming this funny foreign ice sport with open arms. Let's go! I'll let you so-called experts get back to your stats and numbers. Happy everything forever!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2019, 12:44:45 PM »

Man, does the NHL have the best professional postseason or what! Even with just one of the eight teams I casually (very casually) cheer for in the quarterfinal stage, this is just so much fun. At risk of sounding like the those SUPER annoying people who only show up for March Madness with full confidence after not watching a game in 11 months, I assure you I do at least watch my Rangers for most of the year. Thank you all for being more than casual fans the rest of the year so we can all experience such a pure and energized postseason.

The Dallas-St. Louis game last night was an unbelievable roller coaster of momentum shifts and turns - the shorthanded goal was unreal, only for the Stars to go south as they always have and give it right back. And even with three goals against, Binnington felt like a brick wall in the crease that was not going to let Dallas beat him. He was like a 160 pound bowling pin trying to be knocked down by the 6 pound training ball. Not a chance!

And tonight's game between Columbus and Boston was really what drove me to post that this is some of the best hockey I have seen in a couple years, which comes with the territory of living in New York. Columbus' pure passing and consistent opportunity-creation for the duration of the game was artful. Where was a Power Play like the one that scored the second goal when Tortorella was leading the Rangers! Rask did everything he could, but the Blue Jacket energy was unmatched. Boston also had flashes of brilliance with some magnificent set-ups ricocheted off Bobrovsky, but they weren't able to convert and the strategy did not create nearly as many opportunities.

And I'd hate to forget to commend Columbus' defensive wizardry when they were at full strength in the defensive zone which was extraordinarily helpful in minimizing the Boston opportunities. That is a Tort staple I did not forget.

Great job to all participants!

San Jose is my favourite team left. Dallas is tolerable, has beloved Zucc and would give the Rangers a pick. The Jackets are a lovable underdog with a deserving coach. And the Isles are the only division rival I could consider cheering on. Definitely a lot of reasons to keep on watching!

Thank you James Creighton for creating this great sport. Thank you Gary Bettman for revitalizing the game and the whole playoff experience. Thank you players for fighting for a fair wage on the ice and being exemplary citizens off of it. And thank you to the true fans from Nashville to Vegas (Las Vegas) to Columbus for coming to the games, cheering your hearts out and welcoming this funny foreign ice sport with open arms. Let's go! I'll let you so-called experts get back to your stats and numbers. Happy everything forever!

Holy sh!t Binnington is 6 foot 2 and 160 pounds?! I though Klingberg was a stick lol. That's like ultra twig skinny! He is still very good though, but Miro should have been a Calder finalist, not Binnington. This is a must win game 4 for Dallas momentum wise, Miro still has my faith, we were at the game on monday and waited in one of the crowded fanshops for quite a while to get a Miro jersey.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2019, 01:54:10 PM »

Who are you rooting for? I'm pulling for the Islanders in the Eastern Conference and St. Louis in the Western Conference and pulling for St. Louis overall.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2019, 02:04:47 PM »

Out of the ones left, Islanders and Stars.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2019, 02:28:28 PM »

Dallas, then San Jose Sharts
JGibson
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2019, 05:16:16 PM »

Who are you rooting for? I'm pulling for the Islanders in the Eastern Conference and St. Louis in the Western Conference and pulling for St. Louis overall.

The Blues obviously.

If not the Blues, then Blue Jackets, Hurricanes, or Sharks.
Mzal98
mzal98
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2019, 07:54:31 PM »

Definitely rooting for the Islanders and Blues, if not NYI then the Blue Jackets
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2019, 09:30:17 PM »

Every time Roman Polák is on the ice i cringe waiting for a stupid penalty, last of the big time goons.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2019, 10:24:05 PM »

Wtf was that final minute of Stars vs Blues game 4 of the 2nd period? Perron just whacks Bishop in the back and nothing? My dad was screaming someone should beat the sh!t out of Perron, he’s not that big, and I said forget that sh!tbag, flipping board one of these refs a la Roenick style. This crew of refs has sucked the past few games. Sh!tbags like Perron are expected to be that way, but not the refs. Also lol at Binnington shoving Benn, Binningtom better hope he would have backup in the fight otherwise that twig would get snapped by most anyone on the stars roster.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2019, 11:58:14 AM »

If the Bruins blow this after having their path cleared, I'm going to stop watching hockey (again).
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2019, 04:16:49 PM »

Prediction for Semifinals: San Jose over Dallas (want San Jose), Carolina over Columbus (want Columbus)
Prediction for Finals: Carolina over San Jose (want San Jose)

I'm rooting for Toronto to win it in 2020 though. Toronto has not won since May 2, 1967 and is the only Original Six team not to win the Cup in the expansion era (Fall 1967-present).
Mzal98
mzal98
Rookie
Canada

« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2019, 09:39:43 PM »

Can definitely see a game 7 brewing between Boston and Columbus.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2019, 05:51:24 PM »

Teams left in order of which ones I want to win the Cup:

1. Isles
2. Canes
3. Blue Jackets
4. Avs
5. Bruins
6. Sharks
7. Meteor
8. Blues
9. Stars
JGibson
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2019, 08:37:43 PM »

The New York Islanders lose 5-2. The Islanders swept the Penguins out, only to get swept by the Hurricanes. Carolina will head to the Eastern Conference Final to await the Bruins-Blue Jackets series winner.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2019, 08:41:28 PM »

Bye Bye Trotzie.  Cry Cry
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2019, 10:56:29 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2019, 11:02:47 PM by Prolocutor Bagel23 »

Stars broke the winning streak of St Louis playoff road thingie, hopefully they can continue and shut this thing down when they come back home to play Sunday.

Sh!t, Blues scored.
JGibson
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2019, 12:51:55 AM »

Sunday's a do-or-die game for the Blues. This is a familiar scenario for my club these past few seasons, like having a 2-0/2-1 series lead and lose it to be down 3-2.

I hope the Blues at least force Game 7 (and hopefully win that game too), because I am personally sick and tired of the Blues bowing out in the 1st or 2nd round just about every time we make the playoffs! We're long overdue for a Stanley Cup!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2019, 01:21:27 AM »

Sunday's a do-or-die game for the Blues. This is a familiar scenario for my club these past few seasons, like having a 2-0/2-1 series lead and lose it to be down 3-2.

I hope the Blues at least force Game 7 (and hopefully win that game too), because I am personally sick and tired of the Blues bowing out in the 1st or 2nd round just about every time we make the playoffs! We're long overdue for a Stanley Cup!

Lol even if you make it past Dallas, San Jose or the Avalanche would probably kick the blues.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2019, 01:07:05 AM »

Prediction for Semifinals: San Jose over Dallas (want San Jose), Carolina over Columbus (want Columbus)
Prediction for Finals: Carolina over San Jose (want San Jose)

I'm rooting for Toronto to win it in 2020 though. Toronto has not won since May 2, 1967 and is the only Original Six team not to win the Cup in the expansion era (Fall 1967-present).

As a Toronto fan, I hate Boston with a passion. Unless we can get lucky and avoid Boston, we will lose round 1 in 7 games as usual. We really need Boston to get knocked out in the 1st round by another team. They really are our kryptonite.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2019, 04:25:29 PM »

ouch!
JGibson
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2019, 07:10:08 PM »

That was a much-needed 4-1 victory for my Blues to set up a win or go home game for both teams Tuesday night. Hopefully we continue our quest for the Cup past Tuesday night.

The winner of Game 7 gets the San Jose-Colorado series winner, while the loser goes home.

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2019, 08:16:44 PM »

That was a much-needed 4-1 victory for my Blues to set up a win or go home game for both teams Tuesday night. Hopefully we continue our quest for the Cup past Tuesday night.

The winner of Game 7 gets the San Jose-Colorado series winner, while the loser goes home.
I'm feeling good since I'm pretty sure Bishop has PTSD to go along with a bitchin bruise on his shoulder.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies