2019 NHL Playoffs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:59:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2019 NHL Playoffs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: 2019 NHL Playoffs  (Read 6011 times)
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2019, 09:44:16 PM »

Very much rooting for a Game 7. It's so typical for wealthy snobby Boston to always defeat Ohio based teams in the clutch, regardless of their ultimate fate in the end.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2019, 09:50:14 AM »
« Edited: May 06, 2019, 09:54:56 AM by Prolocutor Bagel23 »

Anything can happened in game 7, but if I had to plant my wild guess, I would bet on St Louis. Bishop played super well in the regular season, and he got us here, but his post season performance has taken a dive for the worse. Our top one line of Benn, Seguin, and Radulov (thought not as much Radulov), has also not performed nearly as well as their regular season playing. Also, we are missing a lot of big muscle, letting St Louis phyiscally control the game. Hanzal, Methot, Johns, and Oleksiak all gone, that really hurts. Those are big dudes that could have been a series changer, guess we will never know. Rn the true Stars are the new kids, especially the super talented 2nd line, where even older Spezza is holding down his own, and preventing an otherwise complete faceoff blowout (even though it is pretty bad as is rn). This especially sucks since game 7 is there, and I will have to watch the second most obnoxious crowd in the NHL (just behind Nashville) jeer and party if my guess is right. Oh well, I guess as a democrat I am used to watching my team lose to an obnoxious and dirty coalition on the other end, so at least I am prepared, sigh.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2019, 02:46:00 PM »

Anything can happened in game 7, but if I had to plant my wild guess, I would bet on St Louis. Bishop played super well in the regular season, and he got us here, but his post season performance has taken a dive for the worse. Our top one line of Benn, Seguin, and Radulov (thought not as much Radulov), has also not performed nearly as well as their regular season playing. Also, we are missing a lot of big muscle, letting St Louis phyiscally control the game. Hanzal, Methot, Johns, and Oleksiak all gone, that really hurts. Those are big dudes that could have been a series changer, guess we will never know. Rn the true Stars are the new kids, especially the super talented 2nd line, where even older Spezza is holding down his own, and preventing an otherwise complete faceoff blowout (even though it is pretty bad as is rn). This especially sucks since game 7 is there, and I will have to watch the second most obnoxious crowd in the NHL (just behind Nashville) jeer and party if my guess is right. Oh well, I guess as a democrat I am used to watching my team lose to an obnoxious and dirty coalition on the other end, so at least I am prepared, sigh.

Funny, Dallas has to be the worst crowd in hockey imo, some of the most uninspired chants in the league.

DALLAS! STARS! DALLAS! STARS!
more like
HERP! DERP! HERP! DERP!

Even Rich Clune said it best: "The nicest [penalty boxes in the NHL are in] Nashville, for sure. The worst is Dallas," claims Clune. "The fans’ comments [in Dallas] are awful . . . I don’t know if it’s a bunch of season ticket holders who sit down there, but they give Texans a bad rep. The IQ is extremely low in that section."
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2019, 03:43:01 PM »

Funny, Dallas has to be the worst crowd in hockey imo, some of the most uninspired chants in the league.

more like
HERP! DERP! HERP! DERP!

Even Rich Clune said it best: "The nicest [penalty boxes in the NHL are in] Nashville, for sure. The worst is Dallas," claims Clune. "The fans’ comments [in Dallas] are awful . . . I don’t know if it’s a bunch of season ticket holders who sit down there, but they give Texans a bad rep. The IQ is extremely low in that section."

Dude chill Tongue, ofc what I said is not objective and quantitive, but what kind of team fan doesn't badmouth the other teams and elevate their own lol.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2019, 06:28:34 PM »

more like
HERP! DERP! HERP! DERP!

Who pissed in your Cheerios?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2019, 07:53:45 PM »

more like
HERP! DERP! HERP! DERP!

Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2019, 08:25:58 PM »

more like
HERP! DERP! HERP! DERP!

JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2019, 08:52:13 PM »

Boston eliminates Columbus by blanking the Blue Jackets 3-0 to win the series 4-2. The Bruins head to the Eastern Conference Final to play the Hurricanes.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2019, 09:02:55 PM »

I hate Boston sports so much. Go Hurricanes!
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2019, 12:08:26 AM »

Avs' Gabriel Landeskog scores in OT to force a winner-take-all game 7 to be played Wednesday night. The winner of that series will play the winner of Tuesday night's Stars-Blues game.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2019, 06:59:28 PM »

Whatever happens tonight, I am proud of the Stars, this team has done so well this year, exceeded many expectations, and caused a ruckus in the playoffs. Not to say I won’t be blaming and yelling at the typical suspects if we lose though Wink

play your hearts out boys!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2019, 09:59:23 PM »

You know we are in deep sh!t when these are the kinds of tweets being put out there by the Stars

“hanging in there”? wow I am so reassured already!
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2019, 10:41:33 PM »

A thriller's happening in St. Louis: 80 minutes ain't enough to resolve who gets one berth to the Western Conference Final.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2019, 10:55:20 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2019, 10:59:43 PM by Prolocutor Bagel23 »

A thriller's happening in St. Louis: 80 minutes ain't enough to resolve who gets one berth to the Western Conference Final.

Ugh, somebody just score, it’s been like four hours I have been sitting around here.

Finally it’s over, Stars just could not manage.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2019, 11:00:29 PM »

game 7 OT NHL hockey is the best thing in sports
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2019, 11:04:23 PM »

Betacuck performance by the first line, sad that it had to end with the Stars taking a big crap on Bishop’s effort today. Well, that’s history now, San Jose is my first pref now, hopefully they don’t get totally viked tomorrow.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2019, 11:16:12 PM »

And the worst team in the league is done. I can rest easy tonight.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2019, 12:21:21 AM »

How about those Blues?! We won in 7 over the Stars, thanks to hometown kid Pat Maroon. Play Gloria!
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2019, 10:38:57 PM »

The Western Conference Final slate is set in stone, as the Sharks win Game 7 3-2 and the series 4-3.

The Blues and Sharks will meet in the WCF for the right to represent the Western Conference in the Stanley Cup Final.

Hope it's the Blues that win.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2019, 11:16:48 PM »

Another game 7, another controversial call saves the Sharts. The fix is in!
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2019, 07:03:48 PM »

Another game 7, another controversial call saves the Sharts. The fix is in!
He was clearly offside. Go Sharks!
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2019, 08:56:09 AM »

Blues played awful last night. Too much penalties and sloppy turnovers doomed us in that 6-3 game 1 loss to the Sharks. 
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2019, 09:30:14 AM »

yeah, those turnovers killed us (and SJ had a couple of really nice goals)

also, Joe Thornton looks like the "that'll do pig" guy (James Cromwell).
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2019, 01:36:46 AM »

Very happy to see that little Joe is back and playing well, watching him down on the ice bleeding out from the top of his helmet onto the ice hurt so much to watch Sad. Big Joe was a good stand in for leadership and morale and played well, but little Joe being back is great.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2019, 10:54:48 PM »

The Blues got a much-needed win to split the series 1-1 as we head back to St. Louis on Wednesday. We had a 2-0 lead, only to lose it to a 2-2 tie; however, the Blues did recover to win the game 4-2. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies