2019 NHL Playoffs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:19:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2019 NHL Playoffs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2019 NHL Playoffs  (Read 6099 times)
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« on: April 11, 2019, 11:24:35 AM »

Hate the (brown) Stars, go Preds!
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 01:57:05 PM »

LOLOLOL Penguins one away from getting swept!
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 11:44:22 PM »

this is horrifying. death to ohio.

#lumbus

but everyone's bracket is going to be broken except some homers from Ohio
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 11:25:53 PM »

What a night, two sweeps of two top teams - One of which I hate.  Vegas is rolling too. Blues and Jets continue to wear each other out.  All is good.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 12:26:54 AM »

Just a question:
Is Tampa Bay, the team with the best regular season record to be swept in the first round of the playoffs, in NHL history

(Meaning has there been a team with more points than them, who was swept in the first round)

Yes, it's the first time the President's Trophy winner has been swept in the first round and only the 3rd time the President's Trophy winner has been swept period (the other teams were swept in the Stanley Cup Finals).
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 10:31:51 AM »

If the Leafs manage to beat Boston, but then get swept by Columbus, I will be so pissed.

That's what's going to happen. Then the Jackets will get steam-rolled by Trotz and the Isles.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 12:35:27 PM »

Good night of hockey last night, Preds had to pull their Pekka.

Yeah, but Juuse our other goalie? He's just as good if not better.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 12:09:48 AM »

Go Blues, guess the worst power play in 10 years doesn't cut it!
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2019, 12:54:49 AM »

A penalty like that shouldn't be called in the waning minutes of a game 7 unless it's really egregious. Pavelski clearly tripped backwards as he was pushed into Stastny.  That push "cross-check" happens often in face-offs. At worst it should've been a standard 2 min minor.

RIGGED!
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2019, 12:19:05 PM »

I agree with Marchessault: https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/marchessault-goes-off-refs-penalty-costs-knights-series-vs-sharks/
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2019, 11:35:39 PM »

Every wild card made it, how wacky.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2019, 05:51:24 PM »

Teams left in order of which ones I want to win the Cup:

1. Isles
2. Canes
3. Blue Jackets
4. Avs
5. Bruins
6. Sharks
7. Meteor
8. Blues
9. Stars
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2019, 02:46:00 PM »

Anything can happened in game 7, but if I had to plant my wild guess, I would bet on St Louis. Bishop played super well in the regular season, and he got us here, but his post season performance has taken a dive for the worse. Our top one line of Benn, Seguin, and Radulov (thought not as much Radulov), has also not performed nearly as well as their regular season playing. Also, we are missing a lot of big muscle, letting St Louis phyiscally control the game. Hanzal, Methot, Johns, and Oleksiak all gone, that really hurts. Those are big dudes that could have been a series changer, guess we will never know. Rn the true Stars are the new kids, especially the super talented 2nd line, where even older Spezza is holding down his own, and preventing an otherwise complete faceoff blowout (even though it is pretty bad as is rn). This especially sucks since game 7 is there, and I will have to watch the second most obnoxious crowd in the NHL (just behind Nashville) jeer and party if my guess is right. Oh well, I guess as a democrat I am used to watching my team lose to an obnoxious and dirty coalition on the other end, so at least I am prepared, sigh.

Funny, Dallas has to be the worst crowd in hockey imo, some of the most uninspired chants in the league.

DALLAS! STARS! DALLAS! STARS!
more like
HERP! DERP! HERP! DERP!

Even Rich Clune said it best: "The nicest [penalty boxes in the NHL are in] Nashville, for sure. The worst is Dallas," claims Clune. "The fans’ comments [in Dallas] are awful . . . I don’t know if it’s a bunch of season ticket holders who sit down there, but they give Texans a bad rep. The IQ is extremely low in that section."
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2019, 08:25:58 PM »

Anything can happened in game 7, but if I had to plant my wild guess, I would bet on St Louis. Bishop played super well in the regular season, and he got us here, but his post season performance has taken a dive for the worse. Our top one line of Benn, Seguin, and Radulov (thought not as much Radulov), has also not performed nearly as well as their regular season playing. Also, we are missing a lot of big muscle, letting St Louis phyiscally control the game. Hanzal, Methot, Johns, and Oleksiak all gone, that really hurts. Those are big dudes that could have been a series changer, guess we will never know. Rn the true Stars are the new kids, especially the super talented 2nd line, where even older Spezza is holding down his own, and preventing an otherwise complete faceoff blowout (even though it is pretty bad as is rn). This especially sucks since game 7 is there, and I will have to watch the second most obnoxious crowd in the NHL (just behind Nashville) jeer and party if my guess is right. Oh well, I guess as a democrat I am used to watching my team lose to an obnoxious and dirty coalition on the other end, so at least I am prepared, sigh.

Funny, Dallas has to be the worst crowd in hockey imo, some of the most uninspired chants in the league.

DALLAS! STARS! DALLAS! STARS!
more like
HERP! DERP! HERP! DERP!

Even Rich Clune said it best: "The nicest [penalty boxes in the NHL are in] Nashville, for sure. The worst is Dallas," claims Clune. "The fans’ comments [in Dallas] are awful . . . I don’t know if it’s a bunch of season ticket holders who sit down there, but they give Texans a bad rep. The IQ is extremely low in that section."
Who pissed in your Cheerios?

Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2019, 11:16:12 PM »

And the worst team in the league is done. I can rest easy tonight.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 11:16:48 PM »

Another game 7, another controversial call saves the Sharts. The fix is in!
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 12:58:20 AM »

The Blues got robbed by the refs full stop. That game-winning OT goal by the Antichrist Terrorist Sharks should NOT have counted and been ruled a hand pass... except it wasn't called one. The game should've been a 4-3 Blues win or a 5-4 OT win for the Blues. The wrong team is up in the series 2-1.

The refs are bailing out the Sharts harder than Obama bailed out the banking industry.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2019, 01:55:50 PM »

Bruins in 4, still no Cup Final wins and the Curse of Orr Wink
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2019, 05:13:00 PM »

The Blues choked away a 2-0 lead, lose the game 4-2 to allow Boston to take the series 1-0. Everything after Tarasenko's goal that got us a 2-0 lead was bad for the Blues.

They started playing their old Bloozer way of stupid cheap shots and penalties. That identity has been mostly gone on games they won, the Ducks are similar.  It's why I dislike those teams.  If the Blues break free of that nonsense, they can become likable and win the Cup.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2019, 12:23:21 AM »

One win away, but that missed tripping call for a goal is really going to motivate the Bruins now.
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2019, 10:06:24 PM »

Congrats to the long suffering Blues fans.  This is the most likable team they have iced, and glad they were the first to win it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies