Israeli politics general thread: 2019 and beyond - the dawn of the monarchy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:43:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israeli politics general thread: 2019 and beyond - the dawn of the monarchy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israeli politics general thread: 2019 and beyond - the dawn of the monarchy  (Read 2660 times)
AndyHogan14

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -6.61

« on: April 10, 2019, 02:27:09 PM »

My key question for Likud and the parties that end up forming the government is what the end game is. I am still unwavering in my support for Israel mostly because I place a vast majority of the blame for the current situation on the stubbornly incompetent Arab/Palestinian leadership and that the security of the Israeli civilian population is still often under threat.

That said, what is their solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict? A single state with equal rights would not work being that too much animosity has been built up over the years so we can throw that out and it seems as if the two-state solution is flatlining. So, the only two outcomes of the current course is to either 1) annex the West Bank (with or without Gaza) and deny the people living there political rights and becoming everything the BDS folks say Israel currently is or 2) population transfer along the lines of what happened between Greece and Turkey or after the Second World War. Is there any other solution that I a missing?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies