Senate Confirmation Hearing: YE for Forum Coordinator (Confirmed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:37:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Confirmation Hearing: YE for Forum Coordinator (Confirmed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Senate Confirmation Hearing: YE for Forum Coordinator (Confirmed)  (Read 1855 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 12, 2019, 05:54:55 PM »
« edited: April 18, 2019, 09:27:40 AM by Lumine »

Quote from: Executive Order 47-017
Executive Order
Appointment of a Forum Coordinator

YE is hereby appointed forum coordinator. His role on the moderation team will be beneficial in ensuring smooth communication between Atlasia and the moderating administration team.

X President Tmthforu94

The nominee has 24 hours to make an opening statement.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 05:44:15 PM »

I continue to appreciate TM's outreach efforts to leftists, and urge the confirmation of this Nominee.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 06:00:44 PM »

I have issued an executive order that relates to both the new Atlas Politician user group and also the recent challenges we have had to Wiki as a result of forum updates. I decided to make this position subject to Senate confirmation as a way to continue discussions on which positions should and shouldn't be included in this group, as well as because I am increasing the responsibilities to serve as an "ambassador" to Virginia/Dave on how changes are affecting game-play.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 08:04:30 PM »

From elsewhere (since this seems to be the point of this confirmation thread):

Here's what I was thinking and is a compromise between Option 1 and Option 2 tack mentioned above.

To get an Atlasia Politician group, one must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Be an elected officeholder.
2. Be appointed to an office that requires confirmation hearing.
3. Be temporarily appointed to an otherwise elected position as a result of a vacancy.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 08:10:25 PM »

Senators, you may question the nominee.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 03:52:59 AM »

So the primary job will be to inform the moderators of who is to be added and removed from the Atlas Politician user group?

This kind of reminds me of a largely defunct responsibility held by the old Secretary of Forum Affairs (which was basically a combination of SoFE, RG and this newly created position, but such was not to my knowledge being utilized by the time I joined the game in 2008).

Funny how we come full circle and now have a purpose for such a role to be actively necessary.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 03:54:33 AM »

Why do we need a new office for this? Can't the SoFE or the RG just do this?
Creating an entirely new office for this one tiny job seems a bit ridiculous.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 01:09:45 PM »

Why do we need a new office for this? Can't the SoFE or the RG just do this?
Creating an entirely new office for this one tiny job seems a bit ridiculous.
Why is it ridiculous? Please explain how creating this position will harm the game. A future president can roll the position into another they'd like, but considering we have a RG/SoFE who is the same person and we had a willing volunteer for Forum Coordinator who is also a moderator, making communication easier, I feel like this is the appropriate action.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2019, 02:40:55 PM »

So the primary job will be to inform the moderators of who is to be added and removed from the Atlas Politician user group? 

That is the only job.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2019, 03:31:27 PM »

Doesn't really make much sense to make this a separate role when it can be easily handled by the RG/SoFE.

More positions isn't always a good thing.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2019, 03:34:16 PM »

Doesn't really make much sense to make this a separate role when it can be easily handled by the RG/SoFE.

Let's face it, there's a lot on Peebs's plate already, we probably shouldn't just be handing her random other tasks.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2019, 03:47:56 PM »

Let's face it, there's a lot on Peebs's plate already, we probably shouldn't just be handing her random other tasks.

It's not like this is some major task that takes up a lot of time. It's as simple as just updating the mods on who is in office when they are elected. Literally one extra step after elections are over and can be as simple as copy/paste results and send it to a mod.

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2019, 03:49:40 PM »

The president has the right idea here, IMO—and I'm normally the one arguing for reducing the number of appointed positions.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2019, 07:37:19 AM »

Considering that SOFE doesn’t certify regional results and RG involves keep track of the voter rolls rather than officeholders, I see the reasoning to create a new position.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2019, 10:37:33 AM »

Given what this position entails, I could hardly think of a better choice than former First Minister YE. I commend President Tmth for this appoint and i will be voting in the affirmative.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2019, 01:43:28 PM »

That is the only job.

Is there any possibility for other things to be incorporated into the portfolio? Like say pushing for solutions like the issue with the wiki updates for instance?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2019, 01:45:18 PM »

It's not like this is some major task that takes up a lot of time. It's as simple as just updating the mods on who is in office when they are elected. Literally one extra step after elections are over and can be as simple as copy/paste results and send it to a mod.

Clearly the real solution here is to make Peebs a mod.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2019, 02:25:59 PM »

That is the only job.

Is there any possibility for other things to be incorporated into the portfolio? Like say pushing for solutions like the issue with the wiki updates for instance?

I mean anything is possible. A lot changes in this game, but to my knowledge, tmth has no plans to add anything else to the portfolio.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2019, 06:19:27 PM »

That is the only job.

The position designates communicating issues with the admin mod team - the wiki crisis would fall under that.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2019, 10:04:56 PM »

I would be remiss if after my years of being tough in confirmation hearings, were I not to make note of just the slightest trace of contradiction in the last few statements. Tongue
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2019, 10:36:37 PM »

That is the only job.

The position designates communicating issues with the admin mod team - the wiki crisis would fall under that.

Why is this being made known now after you created the position, which as I understand was originally intended to keep the mod team informed of the list of office holders?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2019, 10:38:21 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2019, 10:44:42 PM by AustralianSwingVoter »

I mean anything is possible. A lot changes in this game, but to my knowledge, tmth has no plans to add anything else to the portfolio.

When the President is actively contradicting his nominee with regards to the purview of responsibilities for the nominee's role, I would say that is rather concerning.
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2019, 10:39:46 PM »

I'll point out that this was, in fact, in the original executive order.

Quote from: Executive Order 47-016
Executive Order
To ensure long-term stability for the "Atlas Politician" role on the Atlas website and improve communication with the forum at-large

By the authority vested in me as President of Atlasia, it is hereby ordered as follows:

1. The position of "Forum Coordinator" is hereby established and shall be part of the President's cabinet.
2. The Forum Coordinator shall serve at the president's discretion and subject to Senate confirmation.
3. Responsibilities of the Forum Coordinator include:
a. They shall be responsible for coordinating with the moderating administrative term to ensure the "Atlas Politician" user group on Atlas is kept current and up-to-date.
b. They shall serve as an ambassador for Atlasia to the moderating administrative team on how website upgrades/changes affect game-play in Atlasia.
4. It shall be up to the discretion of the Forum Coordinator and the moderating administration team to determine the qualifications for the the "Atlas Politician" user group.

X President Tmthforu94

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2019, 10:41:38 PM »

Executive Order
To ensure long-term stability for the "Atlas Politician" role on the Atlas website and improve communication with the forum at-large

By the authority vested in me as President of Atlasia, it is hereby ordered as follows:

1. The position of "Forum Coordinator" is hereby established and shall be part of the President's cabinet.
2. The Forum Coordinator shall serve at the president's discretion and subject to Senate confirmation.
a. They shall be responsible for coordinating with the moderating administrative term to ensure the "Atlas Politician" user group on Atlas is kept current and up-to-date.
b. They shall serve as an ambassador for Atlasia to the moderating administrative team on how website upgrades/changes affect game-play in Atlasia.
4. It shall be up to the discretion of the Forum Coordinator and the moderating administration team to determine the qualifications for the the "Atlas Politician" user group.

X President Tmthforu94

The Wiki is not mentioned in the executive order, because that is the National Archivist's job to maintain.
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2019, 10:44:36 PM »

Executive Order

X President Tmthforu94

The Wiki is not mentioned in the executive order, because that is the National Archivist's job to maintain.

Tmth mentioned the 'wiki crisis,' not the wiki itself. The wiki crisis refers to the changes made by the mods that made the wiki unusable at various points in time. This certainly falls under the "website upgrades/changes" category.

Tmth also mentioned the wiki in his introduction to the confirmation hearing, so this was clearly his intent when he created the position:

I have issued an executive order that relates to both the new Atlas Politician user group and also the recent challenges we have had to Wiki as a result of forum updates. I decided to make this position subject to Senate confirmation as a way to continue discussions on which positions should and shouldn't be included in this group, as well as because I am increasing the responsibilities to serve as an "ambassador" to Virginia/Dave on how changes are affecting game-play.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies