Senate Confirmation Hearing: YE for Forum Coordinator (Confirmed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:20:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Confirmation Hearing: YE for Forum Coordinator (Confirmed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Senate Confirmation Hearing: YE for Forum Coordinator (Confirmed)  (Read 1854 times)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2019, 11:01:50 PM »

The wiki was not discussed during our initial conversation in which I agreed to become forum coordinator.

I'll point out that this was, in fact, in the original executive order.

Quote from: Executive Order 47-016
Executive Order
To ensure long-term stability for the "Atlas Politician" role on the Atlas website and improve communication with the forum at-large

By the authority vested in me as President of Atlasia, it is hereby ordered as follows:

1. The position of "Forum Coordinator" is hereby established and shall be part of the President's cabinet.
2. The Forum Coordinator shall serve at the president's discretion and subject to Senate confirmation.
3. Responsibilities of the Forum Coordinator include:
a. They shall be responsible for coordinating with the moderating administrative term to ensure the "Atlas Politician" user group on Atlas is kept current and up-to-date.
b. They shall serve as an ambassador for Atlasia to the moderating administrative team on how website upgrades/changes affect game-play in Atlasia.
4. It shall be up to the discretion of the Forum Coordinator and the moderating administration team to determine the qualifications for the the "Atlas Politician" user group.

X President Tmthforu94

That is correct, and to clarify, I have not be personally notified of anything else that'd be added in the future to the forum coordinator position, which is what I interpreted Yankee's question as. If that was a misinterpretation, I apologize.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2019, 11:03:55 PM »

The extent of sub clause b was what I was trying to nail down. It is not my objective to play gotcha who said what and who contradicted who and part of me regrets noting the seeming contradiction now, looking at you ASV. Tongue

The thing is from time to time the Atlas does stuff as a whole an it can affect Atlasia. The wiki edit problem is one, so was the outright ban on new registrants to the site for a spell.

Not to say that these decisions should necessarily be altered based on the interests of Atlasia over the Atlas, but it was my desire to ascertain the level of as some put it ambassadorship that could be sought from this new position and in so doing so, alleviate the concerns raised about it being necessary.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2019, 11:09:58 PM »

The extent of sub clause b was what I was trying to nail down. It is not my objective to play gotcha who said what and who contradicted who and part of me regrets noting the seeming contradiction now, looking at you ASV. Tongue

The thing is from time to time the Atlas does stuff as a whole an it can affect Atlasia. The wiki edit problem is one, so was the outright ban on new registrants to the site for a spell.

Not to say that these decisions should necessarily be altered based on the interests of Atlasia over the Atlas, but it was my desire to ascertain the level of as some put it ambassadorship that could be sought from this new position and in so doing so, alleviate the concerns raised about it being necessary.

"Dumb Fake Outrage" over this position is the top rated show tonight on Discord.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2019, 11:14:53 PM »

"Dumb Fake Outrage" over this position is the top rated show tonight on Discord.

The 2016 Titanic Sinks in Real Time video sounds more appealing than that. One I have seen 5 times in three years, the other I have infinite number of times on countless proposals. 
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2019, 11:18:56 PM »

YE is correct, Section B was added after initial discussions as I felt it provided the position a little more weight and also was a good fit for YE, since he is a moderator. I wanted to act quickly via EO to avoid the situation potentially spiraling. The Wiki crisis refers to the incident over the past couple weeks when Wiki was unusable due to updates. As new updates come out, I like the idea of having a POC if changes affect our gameplay in any way. The political grandstanding in this thread is unnecessary, but if anyone has questions for the nominee or myself, please ask.

I ask for a vote as soon as possible on this qualified nominee.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2019, 11:24:39 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2019, 11:36:35 PM by Fremont MP YE »

I'd be happy and able to if wanted but my influence would be on a case by case basis. For instance, as a mod, I was aware of the most recent forum upgrade ahead of time so in the event of an election, I could ask for it to be delayed. On the other hand, in the case of the registration lock, that was a decision made by Dave alone and a decision without any warning in the mod forum. For full disclosure, prior to confirmation thread being opened, anything outside of one, assigning the group roles and two, whether this appointment required a confirmation hearing was not explicitly discussed first hand between the president and I.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2019, 08:40:35 AM »

Right! A vote on the nomination is open. Senators, please vote AYE, NAY or ABSTAIN.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2019, 10:26:20 AM »

Aye!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2019, 03:45:04 PM »

Aye
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2019, 04:16:00 PM »

Aye
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2019, 04:50:23 PM »

Aye
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2019, 09:37:36 PM »

THANK YOU SENATORS!! YE will do a great job!!
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2019, 10:30:56 PM »

Aye!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon