Would you allow your 16-year-old to have sex?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:02:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Would you allow your 16-year-old to have sex?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Poll
Question: Would you allow your 16-year-old to have sex?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 81

Author Topic: Would you allow your 16-year-old to have sex?  (Read 5479 times)
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2019, 05:31:09 PM »

Good parents would make their children wait until they are 24-28 years old before having sex at all.

Best post you ever made.

And make sure you tell them to shoot one off before they go out with a woman lol

At that point Solid's son would ejaculate every time he even sees a female within 100 feet of himself.

Uhh

no; I will never have any children, and I will live my entire life abstinent from any sort of sexual interactions. I am very anti-social when I have to be near anyone else face to face.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2019, 06:12:46 PM »

Geez, Fuzzy, just because you didn't get laid while in high school doesn't mean you have to take it on other kids.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2019, 12:43:14 PM »

To clarify, here's two situations I had in mind:

1. Your 16-year-old comes home with a box of condoms and their significant other. They want to have a sleepover.

2. You open the door to your 16-year-old's room and see them in the act (having had no idea beforehand).

I'll preface my response to these scenarios with an overall View. As previously point out by a poster, one does not, quote end quote, allow, when's kids to have sex. That's not how this works. While it may not be the most consistent approach, it would be a combination of first having repeated in-depth discussions and admonitions about the necessity, yes necessity, of using adequate birth control. Beyond that, it needs to be more of a don't ask don't tell type of policy.

I would certainly get involved if my kids being involved with their so lead to additional destructive Behavior such as missing school, breaking curfew, coming home smashed, Etc. I would chalk that up to your significant other possibly being loads of fun, but being a really really bad influence on them which, I will do everything in my power is a parent to keep from happening without making the source of their affection more attractive by being even more attractive as Away Travel against me + being more tempting forbidden fruit.

Now to answer the two questions above, for number one, the overarching answer would be no. But like crumpets I would sit my son down and have a serious talk with them about whether or not they were ready, if they were using full protection, Etc. Assuming the girl wasn't a basket case dragging my son into bad behavior contrary to what we've taught, which I do not consider sex to be bad behavior per se, I think I'd leave it at that. However, it would have to be enforced under the don't ask don't tell rule.

Understand area number two, I would tell the two of them it was time to part ways for the evening, and then follow the same rule of sitting down with my son to discuss the matter. Oh, and under either scenario I would certainly have to have a talk with the S O's parents.

I'm not going to let Teenage Kids shack up in our house and then serve the two of them breakfast in the morning after a long night's of scrumping. It would have to be the don't ask don't tell policy with the key word of discretion. I know they're screwing, they know we know they're screwing, we know they know we know they're screwing. We would all be a very knowing family .

I should hasten to add I'm not saying we should never talk about it. Quite the opposite. However, in terms of giving out right permission to spend the nights together, that's just a bridge too far. If they go away with their friends for a weekend in a cabin, the polite fiction that there will be one room for the girls and one for the boys will be smiled and nodded at by all parties, as long as they promised with deadly seriousness that they're not going to get too trashed or otherwise do something that whines up making them with either criminal charges or a pregnancy.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies