Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:00:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14
Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread  (Read 14197 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: May 20, 2019, 12:51:59 AM »

Martin has given them a bullet point list to work from. This is how they will end.
There is no way Bron rules the hightowers And the redwynnes.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #301 on: May 20, 2019, 01:02:29 AM »

Martin has given them a bullet point list to work from. This is how they will end.
There is no way Bron rules the hightowers And the redwynnes.

Read my comment above about this being one chapter in a longer story.
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #302 on: May 20, 2019, 01:09:42 AM »

the dornishmen and ironborn are historically subservient people. plus, an assembly of random major characters elected the catatonic stark child, and who are they to question that decision?
are you being sarcastic?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #303 on: May 20, 2019, 01:11:52 AM »

can somebody please explain to me why the seven realms didnt just dissolve back into independent kingdoms like the north just did? that would make much more sense than randomly making bran king.  realistically, they all should had just peaced out. i mean the only thing that brought and kept the 7 kingdoms together was the threat of targaryens' dragons and when they were gone, the dynasty was basically just rolling on inertia until robert's rebellion. ok, i need to stop giving this show more thought than the writers clearly did. im just disappointed

Clearly, they were all tired of the plot lines and the internet drama too.  Let the gimp run things for a couple of decades while everyone has a nice long rest and watch Barry for awhile.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #304 on: May 20, 2019, 01:31:20 AM »

I mean, ending a series like this in a way that satisfies everyone was always going to be an impossible task, but... what on earth did I just watch?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #305 on: May 20, 2019, 12:16:22 PM »

I'm just content that Dany's agenda was successful. She fulfilled her birthright and broke the wheel, as was acknowledged by Tyrion. Smiley
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #306 on: May 20, 2019, 04:37:57 PM »

Well that was much better than I thought it would be. Still not actually good mind, but while the dumb sh!t was definitely dumb, most of the character arcs ended well enough and there were a lot of moments that carried the spirit of the earlier years (i.e not sucking). It was still pretty contrived and rubbish but compared to the season as a whole it went out on a high.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #307 on: May 20, 2019, 05:58:14 PM »

This season would've made a lot more sense with some Spongebob time cuts.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #308 on: May 20, 2019, 06:02:09 PM »

This season would've made a lot more sense with some Spongebob time cuts.

You mean to tell me that Tyrion literally arranging some chairs during the final episode of this whole show wasn't totally integral, essential viewing?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #309 on: May 20, 2019, 06:10:04 PM »

So does the Night’s Watch become a national forest service?

And what need have we of a Master of Whispers when the NSA himself is king?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #310 on: May 20, 2019, 06:33:22 PM »

What was the point of Jon being a Targaryen?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #311 on: May 20, 2019, 06:36:16 PM »

What was the point of Jon being a Targaryen?

Without the incest angle that he couldn't handle because he'd been raised a Stark and not a Targaryen, he'd have probably gone along with Dany from the moment she told him to keep it quiet.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #312 on: May 20, 2019, 07:10:12 PM »

Well, this has been an absolute ride.

No, not watching the show (I have better things to do with my life), but rather watching people's reaction to how ludicrously bad the show has become. It was obvious since season 5 really that the quality of the writing was plummeting faster than British Tories' standing in the polls. Thankfully I lost all investment I might have had in this story after the utter abomination that was S6E10 (well, OK, almost all investment - it does feel nice to see Sansa crowned Queen in the North). Seeing y'all go through the same process now is pretty satisfying tbh.

And if you still liked it, good for you I guess. Like whatever you want to like, but you'd better have good arguments to defend it because it's a tough sell.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #313 on: May 20, 2019, 09:42:06 PM »

No, not watching the show (I have better things to do with my life), but rather watching people's reaction to how ludicrously bad the show has become. It was obvious since season 5 really that the quality of the writing was plummeting faster than British Tories' standing in the polls. Thankfully I lost all investment I might have had in this story after the utter abomination that was S6E10 (well, OK, almost all investment - it does feel nice to see Sansa crowned Queen in the North). Seeing y'all go through the same process now is pretty satisfying tbh.

And if you still liked it, good for you I guess. Like whatever you want to like, but you'd better have good arguments to defend it because it's a tough sell.

Roll Eyes

"I stopped liking it long before it was mainstream"
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #314 on: May 20, 2019, 11:59:06 PM »

"The Winds of Winter" is the highest rated TV episode in IMDB history at 9.9. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Assuming the 3,000 upvotes for some episode of "Lucifer" are a some kind of stunt that will eventually fall down.)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #315 on: May 22, 2019, 02:50:52 AM »

After having seen it myself, I think the criticism of the series finale is a bit excessive. While not really the qualitative high point of the series, I was still content with the outcome.

The main problem with the final season was that there were not enough episodes. There should have been at least 12 to tell the story and not just six to avoid the rushing of the plot this season suffered from in the end.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #316 on: May 22, 2019, 05:51:18 PM »

I just realized if you cut out the WWs nothing changes about the last two episodes storyline wise
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #317 on: May 22, 2019, 07:21:23 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2019, 10:42:29 PM by Frodo »

Worth noting that Emilia Clarke prepared for that famous speech by Daenerys Targaryen after the (Second) Sack of Kings Landing by watching speeches by famous historical figures, including Adolf Hitler:

Something to think about....  Tongue

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #318 on: May 22, 2019, 08:00:53 PM »

Worth noting that Emilia Clarke prepared for that famous speech by Daenerys Targaryen after the (Second) Sack of Kings Landing by watching speeches by famous historical figures, including Adolf Hitler:

Worth thinking about....  Tongue

Really wondering how the people who named their kids "Khaleesi" will take this.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #319 on: May 24, 2019, 05:30:06 PM »

Worth thinking about....  Tongue

Really wondering how the people who named their kids "Khaleesi" will take this.

Not surprised, I got tons of Nuremberg vibes from that clip.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #320 on: May 24, 2019, 11:02:01 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2019, 11:06:52 PM by Frodo »

Any possible guesses as to where Drogon is taking Daenerys Targaryen's body?  I have heard a theory that he's taking her to Volantis, the home of the Temple of the Lord of Light, where maybe they can restore her to life the way Melisandre did with Jon Snow.  

Perhaps King Bran the Broken has made the same guess, which is why he is so keen to know where Drogon has flown. 
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #321 on: May 25, 2019, 03:29:04 PM »

Any possible guesses as to where Drogon is taking Daenerys Targaryen's body?  I have heard a theory that he's taking her to Volantis, the home of the Temple of the Lord of Light, where maybe they can restore her to life the way Melisandre did with Jon Snow.  

Perhaps King Bran the Broken has made the same guess, which is why he is so keen to know where Drogon has flown. 
That's fanfic, not a reasonable theory.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #322 on: May 26, 2019, 09:37:40 AM »

Any possible guesses as to where Drogon is taking Daenerys Targaryen's body?  I have heard a theory that he's taking her to Volantis, the home of the Temple of the Lord of Light, where maybe they can restore her to life the way Melisandre did with Jon Snow. 

I would assume he was either taking her to Dragonstone or, more likely, the ruins of Valyria.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #323 on: May 26, 2019, 11:33:15 AM »

More likely the Dothraki sea, where he was hatched and where he took her the first time.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #324 on: May 28, 2019, 10:32:26 AM »

Been out of the country for a while and just watched it last night ... Sad

Pumped for this prequel, let's just leave it at that.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies