Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:45:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread  (Read 14188 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« on: May 13, 2019, 05:53:17 PM »

Having Daenerys indiscriminately slaughter the people of King's Landing via dragon fire was rather jarring, to say the least. It would have been more interesting, and in character, if she had the city sacked instead. The outcome would be the same, but the ensuing discussion (might) be more productive, as the fanbase would be divided in defending* or criticizing her.

*and there would be no shortage of people defending her
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 07:25:18 PM »

Having Daenerys indiscriminately slaughter the people of King's Landing via dragon fire was rather jarring, to say the least. It would have been more interesting, and in character, if she had the city sacked instead. The outcome would be the same, but the ensuing discussion (might) be more productive, as the fanbase would be divided in defending* or criticizing her.

*and there would be no shortage of people defending her

I disagree personally. This felt completely in character for someone who has violent tendencies and no one to hold her back. Been on the receiving end of people like that. Not a pleasant experience, let me tell you.
Perhaps, but I'm not so sure it was the best direction to take the character. I realize the writers are under a significant time constraint. However, I think it's important to emphasize that this did not have to be the case. HBO offered substantially more episodes for the final two seasons and this offer was turned down.

The series may well have benefited from more time to conclude different intertwining plots, but we'll never know. In any case, I see where you're coming from with respect to Daenerys and her erratic, violent behavior.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 10:36:56 PM »

I'm 2/3s the way through. Please don't tell me Bran is gong to be king.
I have some bad news
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 11:21:27 PM »

I lost it when someone brought Tyrion A Song of Ice and Fire by Ebrose. Is he GRRM's self insert or something?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 12:04:59 AM »

the dornishmen and ironborn are historically subservient people. plus, an assembly of random major characters elected the catatonic stark child, and who are they to question that decision?
I thought he was asleep for the first half of the meeting! The kid is less lively than a funeral home
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 12:37:13 AM »

Am I allowed to have a positive opinion? It seems like positive opinions are forbidden on pain of death or something.
I'm glad you've enjoyed the series, but I can't echo your sentiment. Maybe I've finally gotten the chance to experience the feeling that people who hated The Last Jedi felt.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies