Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:33:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread  (Read 14250 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: May 06, 2019, 01:28:42 AM »
« edited: May 06, 2019, 01:42:48 AM by Lou Barletta's Teeth »

UGH. f*** D&D. They're destroying Dany's character after years of building her up.

Anyways, can anyone really blame Dany?  She's lost everyone she loves, learned her entire life was a lie, Sansa's b***h a** is still being ungrateful, and she sacrificed her entire army to save the lives of a people who still refuse to trust her. I hope she burns KL to the ground next week. D&D are just rushing this show to an end through shock factor, and I'm fed up with it. Perfect example of how to ruin a fantastic show.

Rant over.

Oh and #RipMissandei ❤️
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 01:34:47 AM »
« Edited: May 06, 2019, 02:19:49 AM by Lou Barletta's Teeth »

Screw Sansa. If she ends up on the throne or ends up living while Dany dies, I'm gonna be pissed. She'd be dead if it weren't for Daenerys.

If it wasn't for Daenerys, the White Walkers never would have gotten a zombie dragon, and they'd still be stuck north of the Wall, no?  I think Sansa would still be alive in that case.

Oh please. Putting the zombie dragon aside (which, btw, is entirely Jon's fault for thinking he could reason with someone as morally depraved and two-faced as Cersei), the North would've been WIPED OUT in five minutes without *checks clipboard* Dany's dragons, unsullied, siege weapons, dothraki, food, and dragon glass.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 09:28:09 PM »

the internet hates the end of everything

Nah. True fans just hate the sh*tty job done by D&D.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 09:29:39 PM »

I mean, Daenerys has always been a psychopath. Honestly this ending makes sense and I like it.

I mean, she freed thousands of slaves. Not sure how she's a psychopath when the only "evil" thing she's done so far was justifiably burning the Tarlys.

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 10:43:53 PM »

Yep, D&D ruined a perfectly good show. WTF was the point of the Golden Company?

At least Dany will go out a queen.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 11:27:00 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2019, 11:33:24 PM by Lou Barletta's Teeth »

Ah yes, she may have been the female version of Hitler, but by God she will go out a queen.

What a trainwreck of a show.

Oh I don't care, because if you haven't noticed: This show isn't real life. Plus, Hitler never freed slaves... Anyways, glad she burned KL to the ground.

The only thing you said that wasn't dumber than S6 Tyrion Lannister was that this show is a train wreck.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 11:27:41 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2019, 11:33:01 PM by Lou Barletta's Teeth »

The difference, of course, is that in every one of those previous cases reasons had been laid out why Dany felt justified and we as an audience (usually) agreed she was justified in doing so. In this case, they didn't. They had Daenerys prioritize attacking civilians because Huh?

Executing the Tarlys in S7 after they had laid down their arms was not much different from this.

She executed the Tarlys because they DIDN'T.  Rewatch the damn episode.

Besides, he's right. Viserys abused her, Xaro and Doreah betrayed her and killed her friend, she crucified slave traders, and killed a bunch of mini Hitlers called the Khals. Literally none of that was wrong.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 11:36:12 PM »

I think the "turn" was always a potential ending for Dany, but it was executed horribly on the show. I've pretty much yet to see a convincing "turn" of a good character (I hated how they did Anakin's turn in Episode III), since it's almost always done as a plot twist, so it rarely feels justified or logical from a character standpoint. Yes, there were "hints" that Dany was capable of turning, but it still felt rushed and overblown on the show.

THIS. I don't mind Dany turning into a villain. I'm irritated that it was rushed and jammed into TWO EPISODES (Idgaf about the little "signs" she showed along the way). HBO literally offered to expand the budget so that D&D could produce a 10 episode season and they said no because they wanted to move onto ruining Star Wars. I feel bad for Emilia Clarke having to put up with that.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2019, 11:41:25 PM »

The difference, of course, is that in every one of those previous cases reasons had been laid out why Dany felt justified and we as an audience (usually) agreed she was justified in doing so. In this case, they didn't. They had Daenerys prioritize attacking civilians because Huh?

Executing the Tarlys in S7 after they had laid down their arms was not much different from this.

Watch it right here and tell me exactly at what point are the Tarlys holding weapons? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXGBZ1s5k9Q

They and the Lannister soldiers had been disarmed at that point; they were POWs. Dany executed them because they did not want to bend the knee, ie. acknowledge her as queen. Following that logic, I suppose it would have been OK with you if she had just first asked the unarmed peasants which they preferred, her or Cersei, and then burned the ones who preferred Cersei?

A conquerer has to show strength. What she did was nowhere near out-of-line in a time of war. This TV show isn't meant for softies.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2019, 12:04:48 AM »

Besides, he's right. Viserys abused her, Xaro and Doreah betrayed her and killed her friend, she crucified slave traders, and killed a bunch of mini Hitlers called the Khals. Literally none of that was wrong.

Except she could have taken them prisoner.

Ok, fine. I concede that she could've handled the Tarly situation better. I imagine I would've if I were in her shoes.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2019, 08:51:26 PM »

For all the problems I have with this season, it's worth pointing out Emilia Clarke has been absolutely phenomenal.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2019, 12:16:22 PM »

I'm just content that Dany's agenda was successful. She fulfilled her birthright and broke the wheel, as was acknowledged by Tyrion. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies