Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:50:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread  (Read 14238 times)
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« on: April 28, 2019, 09:47:33 PM »

that episode was crazy
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 10:46:34 PM »

Can someone tell me if Ghost lived? I'm gonna be real upset if he didn't. God, that scene of him charging with the Dothraki was so beautiful but so sad
hes alive hes in the next episode preview I thought he died too
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 06:44:48 PM »

While interesting and all for arya to take on the night king it felt like a kick in the balls to turn azor ahai into a red herring the battle was amazing and I loved it I just wish we got to see Jon and the Night King go mono e mono they have been building it up since hard home
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 09:52:09 AM »

So I've been rewatching the series for a few weeks and I'm of the mind that it seems like there are a million story threads being trod underfoot owing to the needs of our "final battle" scenario. The religious aspect in particular I feel like has been completely left by the wayside since Stannis was defeated. It seemed like earlier seasons were building toward something cosmic. After all, our protagonist has been raised from the dead, but that matters nought when he gets to shack up with Danerys.

The show is nothing but generic fantasy schlock now. Which, like, if that's what the average viewer wants, then great. But it's terribly disappointing artistically.

Well I'm still hoping the Lord of Light keeps GRRM alive to finish the books with his version of the story.

Martin has told them all the major plot points. D and D mentioned they've known it was Arya for three years. People seem to either forget about or wholesale ignore this.

Wait, so you're saying that GRRM told D&D that Arya was supposed to be the one to kill the Night King?
I doubt Arya kills the night king in the books for 2 reasons
1. Arya never meets Melisandre in the books
2. Theirs no night king in the books lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies