Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:45:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread  (Read 14190 times)
ltomlinson31
Canada

« on: April 15, 2019, 10:20:47 AM »

My favourite parts of the episode:

1) Basically everything from Danaerys and Sam, and watching Sam struggling to contain his emotions, to Sam telling Jon who he was in the crypt.

2) Seeing Ned Umber slowly waking up as a White Walker in the background over Tormund's shoulder as he's talking. That was creepy, and since it was the only appearance of the wights in the episode, they did a good job with it.

Overall a good episode. Theon rescuing Yara felt rushed and it was mainly setup that will pay off later but I enjoyed it otherwise.
ltomlinson31
Canada

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 02:09:19 PM »

And while it was nice of Cersei to hire Bronn to move him north also, why would anyone think he'd actually do it?  Where is Brienne BTW?

She was in the hall and could be seen when Tyrion was talking and was behind Sansa when she welcomed Dany.
ltomlinson31
Canada

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 11:55:30 PM »

I liked the episode. It had this feeling of dread and impending doom around it (and it really kicked in for me from the moment they were planning how to deal with the dead and stuck with me through the rest of the episode). It had a lot of nice character moments, and this episode feels like it'll be even better on re-watches after we see who dies and who had their last moments here.
ltomlinson31
Canada

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 12:37:11 AM »
« Edited: April 29, 2019, 12:51:17 AM by ltomlinson31 »

Some might complain that it was skimpy on killing off big characters, but lots of things to still do.  Actually glad that Grey Worm and Missandei survived, cause there's no reason they should have to die in the land of racist hicks.

Aside from creating a cool visual, what genius thought sending the Dothraki out was a good idea?

Yeah, like who actually thought that would work? You had a sense that wouldn't right from the get go. And now Daenerys lost like half her army in one fell swoop because of that.

And yeah, no big character is safe going forward except Sansa, Bran, and maybe Arya. They let way too many important people live in tonight's episode, and there will almost assuredly be a bloodbath to come.

Yeah, I understand they wanted to set the tone for the episode, but sending all of the Dothraki just charging head-on into 100,000 wights was absurdly stupid. The placement of the trebuchets was bad too.

That said, there was a lot I liked about the episode. I feel like all of the deaths that did happen were all done well and I did like seeing how terrified everyone was from the moment the battle started. Lyanna's probably hit me the most even though she wasn't the biggest character who died. The music was also great. I just wish I could see what was happening.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies