Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2019, 05:58:03 pm
News: 2019 Gubernatorial Predictions are now active

Atlas Forum
  About this Site
  The Atlas
  I can't see embedded tweets or images in Firefox anymore
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I can't see embedded tweets or images in Firefox anymore  (Read 379 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 14, 2019, 10:01:20 pm »

Since the upgrade, I'm not able to see embedded tweets or images in my Firefox browser anymore. Any suggestions on how to change this?
Virginiá
Virginia C
Modadmin
YaBB God
Ukraine

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 10:20:19 pm »

Do you use any adblocker or something? Besides the change to show image bbcode to guests only weeks before last Tuesday's update, there was no changes to the image bbcode. FWIW I use Firefox and I see all of these fine. I don't think this is update-related.

Under Firefox settings -> Privacy & Settings, what is Content Blocking set to? Is it standard? Because if you have it set to block "known trackers," it will block Twitter too.
Blue3
Starwatcher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 07:57:22 pm »

Do you use any adblocker or something? Besides the change to show image bbcode to guests only weeks before last Tuesday's update, there was no changes to the image bbcode. FWIW I use Firefox and I see all of these fine. I don't think this is update-related.

Under Firefox settings -> Privacy & Settings, what is Content Blocking set to? Is it standard? Because if you have it set to block "known trackers," it will block Twitter too.
I have Custom, with an exception for this site and three others.
Virginiá
Virginia C
Modadmin
YaBB God
Ukraine

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 08:41:51 pm »

I have Custom, with an exception for this site and three others.

Dunno then. I use Firefox too and it works fine on my end. I didn't really change much in the Twitter code, so it wouldn't make sense for it to be the cause if it worked before.
FM Scott🦋
Ascott
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 09:24:34 am »

I also use Firefox and everything works fine for me.  I don't know what the problem could be other than that maybe you're using an older version of Firefox that needs to be upgraded?

If all else fails, switch to another browser.  That's what I did after Chrome and Safari failed me.
cinyc
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 09:20:26 pm »

If you have things like cookies or beacons off, you might not be able to see Tweets in Firefox. Even if you whitelist uselectionatlas, you probably need to whitelist Twitter, too - which defeats the purpose of using Firefox for securer browsing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies