Muaddib for Southern Chamber of Delegates [April 2019]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:50:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Muaddib for Southern Chamber of Delegates [April 2019]
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Muaddib for Southern Chamber of Delegates [April 2019]  (Read 589 times)
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 17, 2019, 05:53:46 AM »
« edited: April 19, 2019, 05:19:08 AM by Muaddib »

G'day Y'all,

I'm Muaddib but you can call me Paul Muad'dib.
I'm running for the Southern Chamber of Delegates in the April 2019 elections for the Atlas Conservative Party.

As an Economic Conservative...
I stand for a balanced budget.
I stand to ensure we are spending responsibly. That proposed programs that come into effect have funding lined up.
I stand for a small and efficient government.
I stand for a having a lower, fairer, and simpler tax system.
So you can spend your own money on things you need and believe in.

As a Social Conservative...
in accordance with our party platform the issue of same sex marriage is settled law I will not reopen this debate, but believe that individuals, businesses, and organizations should be free to recuse themselves from performing or providing services to same sex weddings for religious objections.

As a Sports Shooter...
I stand against gun grabbing. The right to bear arms is an import legacy of the founding of our great nation.

As a Southerner...
I stand for Freedom of Speech
I stand for the continued protection of Southern monuments and heritage.
In Dixieland I'll take my stand.
I ask for your vote for the Chambers of Delegates.

Atlas Conservative Party
Faith, Family, Fidelity

Endorsements
Former President fhtagn
Southern Governor Young Texan
Classic Conservative
Representative LouisvilleThunder
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 05:59:40 AM »

Absolutely, positively, 1000000% endorsed, of course!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 09:30:22 AM »

Throughly endorsed!
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 11:12:10 AM »

Absolutely, positively, 1000000% endorsed, of course!

Thank you for your endorsements. Cheers!

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 04:01:13 PM »

Best of luck this weekend! I'm sure you'll do great!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 04:20:54 PM »

Endorsed
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 06:35:35 AM »

Congrats! I'm sure you'll do amazing things in the CoD!
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 06:38:24 AM »

Quote from:  Johnny Suthern, reporter with Dixieland TV News
Evening ladies and gentlemen,
I'm here at southern campaign headquarters of the Atlas Conservative Party. Through out the count there has been quite a buzz here as the southern chamber of delegates results pour in from the various election news sources, Encke's April Midterms Tracker, ASV Election Tracker: April Elections & of course Wulfric News Network. It looks likely that the new party in town will win indeed win a seat at the big table in Nashville. A big turn out by the Conservatives has propelled Muaddib of Mississippi to be elected in the first round. Muaddib is likely to make an victory speech very shortly. But while we wait for that lets have a quick look at the results we have from WNN.

WNN NEWS FEED

Quote from:  Johnny Suthern, reporter with Dixieland TV News
So as you can see both Muaddib and Leinad of England get elected in the first round. There was a 'turquoise wave' in this election. I believe the party chair, fhtagn on seeing this said "that sweet sweet turquoise wave", so big praise there from the party chair to the voters. This is a good result for the party in its first election. It will be interesting to see how the chamber functions with.... I'm getting word that Muaddib is making his way on stage right now...
Quote from: Muaddib, delegate elect for the Southern Chamber of delegates
Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is a great night for the South, for Dixieland, for Mississippi and of course the Atlas Conservative Party. I'd like to thank you, the conservative voter, for giving me this opportunity to represent you and conservative values in the chamber. I'm honored that all y'all were motivated enough to ensure we have a strong conservative voice in Nashville. Especially when we're voting during Easter. I'd like to thank our wonderful party chair, fhtagn, for all the work she put in. Not only into my campaign but all the campaigns Atlasia wide. Our party is truly blessed to have a women of such incredible talent at the helm.

I look forward to the opportunity to work with our Governor, Young Texan, who was one of the first people congratulate me on being elected. I'd also like to thank those who endorsed me, who i haven't yet thanked. Namely both Classic Conservative and representative LouisvilleThunder. I'd like to thank all voters in Atlasia, particularity those of you in the South who make this happen. And I'd like to thank Dave for making this all possible. To Thank you all once again. Dave. Bless. Atlasia.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 07:21:56 AM »

Congratulations. Looking forward to see what you all do in the South under this new composition.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2019, 04:11:45 PM »

Congratulations on your victory!

What are your priorities going to be for this session?
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2019, 08:56:32 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2019, 07:04:21 AM by Southern Delegate Muaddib »

Congratulations. Looking forward to see what you all do in the South under this new composition.

Cheers!

Congratulations on your victory!

What are your priorities going to be for this session?

Thank you.

Apart from the values I outlined in my campaign. One piece of legislation I have in my mind is what I've been calling "Total Cost Pricing" / "Total End User Pricing" / "Tax Inclusive Pricing". Essentially this would mean that all taxes would be included on the prices of products. As that is the price you are actually paying. So if implemented you will no longer have to figure out the hard way in your head if you can afford that item with you last $5. This will provide a benefit to Joe Sixpack and all Southerners who will be able to better manage their family or personal budgets. Obviously this needs to be discussed in the chamber to iron things out. But this is something I think will provide a tangible benefit for all Southerners.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2019, 09:04:07 PM »

One piece of legislation I have in my mind is what I've been calling "Total Cost Pricing" / "Total End User Pricing" / "Tax Inclusive Pricing". Essentially this would mean that all taxes would be included on the prices of products. As that is the price you are actually paying. So if implemented you will no longer have to figure out the hard way in your head if you can afford that item with you last $5. This will provide a benefit to Joe Sixpack and all Southerners who will be able to better manage their family or personal budgets. Obviously this needs to be discussed in the chamber to iron things out. But this is something I think will provide a tangible benefit for all Southerners.

While not in the original form I proposed, the new Tax Inclusive Pricing Scheme (TIPS) is coming into effect at the start of the next Fiscal Year. This would have passed the Chamber with unanimouis support however one delegate was tardy to the vote and voted "Aye FTR" after voting has officially closed. I am proud that my first bill received universal chamber support. I am glad to have introduced some common sense pricing reform to for the benefit of all Southerners.

Here is the Bill as Signed by the Governor:
Tax Inclusive Pricing Scheme (TIPS)

This is an opt in scheme for the South
* Prices for goods and services shall have the total cost to the consumer (taxes/fees/levies/duties) included on the price prominently displayed/advertised.
* Businesses may display their pretax price as long as the TIP is clearly marked and the more prominent of the prices.
* Businesses are eligible for a bonus business tax rate reduction of 2%
* Penalties for non-compliance will be fall under the existing consumer law for fraud, false advertising and relevant consumer protection laws. Suspension/reduction of the bonus business tax rate reduction
* Third party checkout fees and surcharges are not considered implicitly or explicitly a part of the Tax Inclusive Price
* Third party checkout fees and surcharges are to be made known prior to payment of a purchase

This shall come into effect at the start of the new fiscal year
Sponsor: Muaddib

x Young Texan
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies