If Ron DeSantis wins the GOP nomination+ presidency, what does it say about US?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:33:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  If Ron DeSantis wins the GOP nomination+ presidency, what does it say about US?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Ron DeSantis wins the GOP nomination+ presidency, what does it say about US?  (Read 1656 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 20, 2019, 07:55:40 PM »

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is seen as a future Republican president. If DeSantis wins the GOP presidential nomination one day, and wins the presidency, what does it say about America?
支持核绿派 (Greens4Nuclear)
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 08:43:29 PM »

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is seen as a future Republican president. If DeSantis wins the GOP presidential nomination one day, and wins the presidency, what does it say about America?

Among other things, we will have elected our first truly Italian-American president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYnF_KJW308
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 08:47:00 AM »

The same thing that electing Trump said about America. Just a lot of edgy pessimism. It could also mean that Florida was a bellwether. That bellwether being that they graying of America is most significant than the browning of America. In Florida, if you look at the ethnic demographics, it should be a Lean to Likely D state like Colorado, Virginia, New Mexico, or New Jersey or Delaware 15 years ago. If you looked at the age demographics, looks Lean to Likely R like Ohio, Iowa, or Texas and even Colorado 20 years ago.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 12:42:37 PM »

DeSantis winning the GOP nomination would hardly be remarkable.  The only significance would be if he were to defeat Mike Pence, who has been VP.  It would say something about the GOP Primary Electorate's view on the Trump Administration.  It would also suggest that even Conservative America has become a bit more secular, in rejecting the religious image of Pence.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 07:02:52 AM »

DeSantis is honestly one of the stronger candidates for the 2024 nomination, particularly if he continues to be relatively popular.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/03/the-tireless-ron-desantis/

He comes from a state that's both a swing state, and diverse.  He'd also be only 47 by 2024, about 2 decades younger than his predecessor and now senator, Rick Scott (also a viable 2024 candidate) and VP Pence.

Mike Pence seems like the logical successor to Trump, at least if he wins re-election.  But I'm not convinced his Bush-era social conservatism is a viable platform for the future of the party particularly for courting moderates/independents, plus at 66 he wouldn't be exatly young.

Nikki Haley has an excellent resume, would do very well with independents/moderates and has clearly shown future political ambition.  However she would have base issues, but would be a frontrunner if Trump loses in 2020.

Scott has all of the positives of DeSantis, but with more experience and less controversy.  He'd be in a strong position in 5.5 years if he choses to run.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 07:39:33 PM »

Ron DeSantis appears to be a strong potential candidate for 2024. He seems like a good campaigner and he could probably pick up the populist Gingrich/Trump side of the party. I wouldn't put him with social or religious conservatives.

I think he would make a great president.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 06:29:35 AM »

It would mean the US voted for a popular Governor.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 10:17:26 AM »

Yeah ... nothing that it wouldn't say about electing any other Republican President.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 08:09:31 PM »

It says that the GOP made a wise choice to pick someone from the nation’s largest swing state to Ben president, especially when that state is showing signs of joining the red wall. Of course, I could see DeSantis pass on 2024 so he can finish his second term as governor; also he may not want to run if Scott or Rubio were competing as well. I think Scott will give it a go in 2024, and he’ll be a stronger candidate than DeSantis thanks to having more money and experience, and for being the only viable candidate to say they’ve been both governor and senator.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 01:49:57 AM »

That America voted for a Governor who turned out to be unexpectedly competent and popular and has a fantastic bio?

If Only one of these 3 people could become President who would you choose: DeSantis, Rubio, Scott. I would choose Rubio of course
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2019, 01:56:56 AM »

That America voted for a Governor who turned out to be unexpectedly competent and popular and has a fantastic bio?

If Only one of these 3 people could become President who would you choose: DeSantis, Rubio, Scott. I would choose Rubio of course

DeSantis easily
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2019, 03:02:38 AM »

Yeah Governor Ron and House Ron are basically two different people. IMO he could be the one that reverses the long-term issues the Republican Party are facing.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2019, 11:38:41 AM »

It says that America will continue to elect racists to the Presidency, nothing new.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2019, 03:59:25 PM »

Yeah Governor Ron and House Ron are basically two different people. IMO he could be the one that reverses the long-term issues the Republican Party are facing.

I think so too
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2019, 04:09:25 PM »

Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2019, 04:48:24 PM »

A good year for us imo
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2019, 06:33:47 PM »

It says that America will continue to elect racists to the Presidency, nothing new.

This has always pissed me off. How is he racist? Is there any actual substance to any of this? Any proof?

*but muh monkey business

He wasn't even referring to Gillum or even talking about him. Monkey business is a commonly used term.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2019, 07:05:22 PM »

This has always pissed me off. How is he racist? Is there any actual substance to any of this? Any proof?

*but muh monkey business

He wasn't even referring to Gillum or even talking about him. Monkey business is a commonly used term.
See I'd be willing to believe that it wasn't racially motivated if he wasn't also the moderator of a far-right Facebook group that repeatedly posted racial epithets, spoke at events alongside the likes of Milo Yiannopoulos and Steve Bannon, spoke at ACT! for America which is classified as a hate group, and had white supremacists actively support his campaign.

But I'm sure those are all just coincidences and it clearly has no effect on his character whatsoever. Smiley
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.35

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2019, 12:29:52 AM »

That America has been saved.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2019, 03:24:44 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2019, 03:28:44 PM by Glowfish »

*but muh monkey business

Yeah, "monkey business" is a commonly used term. Unfortunately, that's not the term he used. He said "monkey things up", which I had never heard before in my life.

Anyway, this will show that the current GOP, despite its extremism, has a permanent coalition. Which I would find absolutely terrifying.
daveosupremo
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.32, S: -2.09

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2019, 11:46:49 PM »

DeSantis easily
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies