State Opening of the Second Council of Lincoln (Emergency Vote)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:09:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  State Opening of the Second Council of Lincoln (Emergency Vote)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: State Opening of the Second Council of Lincoln (Emergency Vote)  (Read 2958 times)
Peanut
Costa Rica

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2019, 09:16:14 PM »

Due to The Right Honorable Thr's resignation of his commission as Opposition Leader, the Opposition may now vote to select their leader.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2019, 10:46:09 PM »

I nominate Thr and vote aye
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2019, 10:49:52 PM »

Didn't we already do this

I nominate myself (SNJC) and vote AYE
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2019, 11:14:21 PM »

Didn't we already do this

I nominate myself (SNJC) and vote AYE

Thr Resigned.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2019, 11:22:05 PM »

But me and him agreed to jointly occupy the role, albeit with two different titles, so there should already be a succesor
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2019, 11:28:32 PM »

But me and him agreed to jointly occupy the role, albeit with two different titles, so there should already be a succesor

Your current behaviour has led to a renouncement of this deal, after a majority of the opposition agreed that they wished for you to be stripped of your title in light of events.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2019, 12:11:53 AM »

Your current behaviour has led to a renouncement of this deal, after a majority of the opposition agreed that they wished for you to be stripped of your title in light of events.

Why am I not aware of this
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2019, 12:22:23 AM »

BECAUSE YOU AREN"T ON DISCORD . Also the post below.

Yes most of the voting and debates happen on atlas itself but a lot of the strategy and pre debate happens on discord.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2019, 12:23:08 AM »

Why would we tell you we're trying to get rid of you?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2019, 06:12:09 AM »

Yes most of the voting and debates happen on atlas itself but a lot of the strategy and pre debate happens on discord.

To be fair, on SNJC's defense, Discord should be optional and in fact there's arguably too much happening there and not enough in the forum (though debates on Discord are still fun and all official business still happens here thankfully). From his perspective I can totally see how this feels like backstabbing.

Of course, I totally understand why the opposition wants to ged rid of him as their co-leader.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2019, 07:35:04 AM »

To be fair, on SNJC's defense, Discord should be optional and in fact there's arguably too much happening there and not enough in the forum (though debates on Discord are still fun and all official business still happens here thankfully). From his perspective I can totally see how this feels like backstabbing.

Of course, I totally understand why the opposition wants to ged rid of him as their co-leader.

Even if everything happened on Discord you wouldn't notify someone in advance that you're plotting to remove them.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2019, 11:28:41 AM »

Thr
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2019, 11:52:21 AM »

I change my earlier vote to thr33 to give him a unanimous vote and avoid intra-party tensions
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2019, 06:46:19 PM »

Even if everything happened on Discord you wouldn't notify someone in advance that you're plotting to remove them.

It's called common courtesy and being civil
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2019, 11:10:38 PM »

Emergency Vote on a Government
of the Second Council of Lincoln

Verum Potestatem Facit Lex
July Seventh, 2019

Good night, Linconites. The Right Honorable former Chancellor PyroTheFox has vacated the office of Chancellor to assume the Speakership, and as such, we need to elect a new Chancellor.

Once again, Councillors and Lincolnites, we find ourselves with the duty to reassure the strength and stability of our system of government. Our system, our democracy, and our people are strong, and it is in events like this that we prove it. We are electing a Chancellor who will serve for two weeks before the next election, but that doesn't make this vote any less important: this is the very fabric of our system, and this thread shall be archived for posterity. How history views us rests in these situations.

Now, doom-and-gloom aside, let's celebrate the election of a new Chancellor! It is a time for new policy, new debates, new positions, new roles for all of us, even if it is only on the waning days of this incredibly active and successful Second Council. I want to give a very special thank you to each and every one of you, for you have been amazing Councillors and have made this a truly astounding Council.

Now, Councillor PSOL has requested to form my Government, and his request has been seen. As such, I now ask the Council to show their confidence in the Honorable member to form the Government.  The Council will now vote by voice: those in favor vote AYE! Those against vote NAY!
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2019, 03:35:25 AM »

Nay, I believe that the Chancellor should be a more experienced Councilor. Councilor PSOL has only been here for a few weeks. Of course, I appreciate new ideas, but the Chancellor should be someone who has sat in the Council for a while. Also PSOL's management of the ACLO and it being overly partisan is another factor in my vote
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2019, 06:24:48 AM »

Nay, I believe that the Chancellor should be a more experienced Councilor. Councilor PSOL has only been here for a few weeks. Of course, I appreciate new ideas, but the Chancellor should be someone who has sat in the Council for a while. Also PSOL's management of the ACLO and it being overly partisan is another factor in my vote
You bring up various points, and while I’ve respect them, I must put out this clarifying statement. While I am relatively new, I’ve been on a fast curve my entire tenure in this council. I have put out three bills, have debated on nearly 2/3 of the bills present on the floor, and have worked tirelessly to find a compromise solution on the Saving Lives Act.

On my supposed partisanship, that can’t be more far from the truth. The Atlas Coalition of Labour Occupations has at countless times appraised conservatives such as alancia for their tenure. The organization has at other times criticized other Labour, Independent Left-Leander’s, and Peace members who have voted against the interest of the working class. Furthermore, as a democratically run mass organization, it is not just my own voice that makes the nonpartisan A.C.L.O. behave in a certain manner. Finally, my time in the council has been met with key bipartisan discourse. More specifically, I have worked across the aisle with members such as thr33 on creating a bipartisan bill that would indeed save lives. I have also been a staunch defender of responsible gun control, as evident by me voting down inane restrictions and talking out the downsides with my own party.

In short, I believe that even with my short time in the council; I have shown that I can make up for it with my commitment for debate, fresh ideas, fast learning curve,mass participation, and other such care that would ensure the best for Lincoln as a whole.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2019, 10:08:04 AM »

AYE
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2019, 01:25:14 PM »

AYE btw.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2019, 02:19:21 PM »

AYE
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2019, 02:36:39 PM »

This vote should probably be closed.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2019, 05:16:31 PM »

In a 3-2 vote, PSOL has the confidence of the Council and is appointed Chancellor. This thread will now be archived for historical purposes.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies