2nd Council of Lincoln Legislation Introduction
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:45:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  2nd Council of Lincoln Legislation Introduction
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: 2nd Council of Lincoln Legislation Introduction  (Read 4453 times)
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 26, 2019, 05:32:04 PM »
« edited: May 06, 2019, 10:55:51 AM by Pyro »

--- Legislation Introduction Thread for the Second Council of Lincoln ---

Any and all drafted legislation intended for consideration in the 2nd Session of the Council of Lincoln must be posted here. You do not need to be a councilor to post your bill, however it is required by law that all legislation be sponsored by a sitting councilor before it can be discussed and, presumably, voted upon.

It is recommended you check the Lincoln Statute to ensure the item has not been previously addressed.

Finally, this is strictly an introduction thread. No debating or voting is to occur here under any circumstances. For commentary or discussion on bills prior to their formal introduction on the floor, please retain all such posts here. Each bill requires its own thread which shall be posted by the Speaker in conjunction with and adherence to the Lincoln Constitution and the Council Standing Orders.

Chancellor PyroTheFox
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 05:40:28 PM »

Civil Forfeiture Reform Act

To protect the assets of innocents.
I. Short Title
1. This bill may be referred to as the "Civil Forfeiture Reform Act".
II. Action
1. No citizen of Lincoln may have their assets seized by law enforcement without being convicted of a crime by jury or guilty plea.
   a. Assets which are illegal to own may be seized without conviction.
   b. Stolen property may be seized and returned without conviction, as long as said property is proven to be stolen.
2. All seized assets must be reported to the Department of Justice with the cause for seizure.
3. The Department of Justice shall establish an online database of asset seizures.
4. The Department of Justice shall establish a Property Seizure Hotline for reports of abuse.
III. Timing
1. This act shall take effect immediately upon passage.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 05:44:09 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2019, 07:30:15 PM by Lincoln Councilor Suburban New Jersey Conservative »

Transportation Improvement Bill

Sponsor: Councilor Suburban NJ Conservative (F-NJ)

This bill calls for building a tolled closed system mega highway with a toll of $0.75 per mile, from Philadelphia to Buffalo

It also calls to add tolls to the following interstate highways at the price of $0.80 per mile: I-80 (PA), I-95 (RI), I-70 (IN)

It also calls to add express toll lanes at the price of $1.25 per mile on the following highways in the New York City area (I-495, I-278, I-95 (until Exit 14), I-695, I-295) and in the Philadelphia area (I-276, I-95, I-76 (until Schuykill Haven)

This bill also calls for renovating the Verrazano Narrows Bridge and mandating a toll hike of 50% on all existing Lincoln tolls to pay for it

The money generated from this toll revenue, will be used to make repairs to roads in poor conditions and also to make improvements to major airports, such as Chicago O’Hare, New York City’s JFK, and Boston Logan.

I hope that the Council will support my plan to fund improvements to Lincoln’s infrastructure
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 06:37:17 PM »

I introduce the following:

Amendment to Lincoln Fair Wages Act of 2018 (L10.3.3)

Lincoln Fair Wages Act of 2018

Section 1: Committee Creation

1. This bill, if passed, establishes the Lincoln Wages Committee (LWC).
2. This committee shall consist of 10 NPCs appointed by the governor. A minimum of five members of the LWC must represent labor unions in five major, distinct industries.
3. The committee can be dissolved and reformed by the governor if seen necessary, however the committee cannot be dissolved without prior consent from a simple majority of committee members.
4. This committee shall act independently of the executive and Assembly.

Section 2: Jobs of the LWC

1. The LWC is to divide Lincoln into ranges according to cost of living in the area. This can be done in as many ranges an needed.
2. Each of these ranges shall be assigned a minimum wage according to the average cost of living in the range.
3. The committee must be able to mathematically prove that the minimum wage set for each range is enough to cover cost of living: this shall include all basic expenses such as housing, food, and health care needs.
4. Range boundaries and wages are to be submitted and implemented every four months.

Section 3: Enactment

1. The LWC is to be formed as soon after the passage of this bill as possible.
2. Wage ranges are to take effect June, 22, 2018 and are to be updated every four months afterwards.
3. Once a minimum wage is increased, it cannot be decreased under any circumstances.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 08:08:20 PM »

A Bill to Exterminate Gun Violence

This bill shall:

Ban all assault weapons
Create a two-year waiting period to purchase a gun
Abolish any concealed carry
Require two weeks worth of background checks and require gun owners to turn over all personal documents to be checked
Ban anyone with any criminal history or charge from purchasing any type of firearm
Require people to be at least 35 to purchase a firearm
Require people to obtain a license to carry a firearm
Licences cannot be delivered any earlier than 16 months after one applies for them
The application for a gun license must be approved of by the majority of the Lincoln Council and Lincoln’s Attorney General

I trust that this legislation, will help us to eliminate the scourge of gun violence from the region of Lincoln
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 09:35:34 PM »

Transportation Improvement Bill

This bill calls for building a tolled closed system mega highway with a toll of $0.75 per mile, from Philadelphia to Buffalo

It also calls to add tolls to the following interstate highways at the price of $0.80 per mile: I-80 (PA), I-95 (RI), I-70 (IN)

It also calls to add express toll lanes at the price of $1.25 per mile on the following highways in the New York City area (I-495, I-278, I-95 (until Exit 14), I-695, I-295) and in the Philadelphia area (I-276, I-95, I-76 (until Schuykill Haven)

This bill also calls for renovating the Verrazano Narrows Bridge and mandating a toll hike of 50% on all existing Lincoln tolls to pay for it

The money generated from this toll revenue, will be used to make repairs to roads in poor conditions and also to make improvements to major airports, such as Chicago O’Hare, New York City’s JFK, and Boston Logan.

I hope that the Council will support my plan to fund improvements to Lincoln’s infrastructure

Just going to point out that at 75 cents per mile, and the distance from Philly to Buffalo being around 380 miles, if implemented the toll for driving from Philly to Buffalo would be $285 DOLLARS.
Would you pay $285 DOLLARS in tolls just to drive one-way from Philly to Buffalo?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 10:42:11 PM »

This bill shall:

Ban all assault weapons
Require two weeks worth of background checks and require gun owners to turn over all personal documents to be checked
Ban anyone with any criminal history or charge from purchasing any type of firearm
Licences cannot be delivered any earlier than 16 months after one applies for them
The application for a gun license must be approved of by the majority of the Lincoln Council and Lincoln’s Attorney General

I trust that this legislation, will help us to eliminate the scourge of gun violence from the region of Lincoln

Disgusting.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2019, 07:01:31 AM »

This bill shall:

Ban all assault weapons

Disgusting.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2019, 02:47:17 PM »

Frémont will be happy to accept refugees fleeing the scourge of toll roads and gun-grabbing regional inspectors if the opposition ever gains power in Lincoln.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2019, 02:57:12 PM »

Frémont will be happy to accept refugees fleeing the scourge of toll roads and gun-grabbing regional inspectors if the opposition ever gains power in Lincoln.
That's under the assumption that the opposition would unite in favor of such an agenda. Wink
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2019, 04:05:27 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2019, 04:14:01 PM by Lincoln Councilor Suburban New Jersey Conservative »

Equal amounts of people will flee the high taxes that you are advocating for in Fremont
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2019, 04:13:36 PM »

When did Labor and Fremont become supporters of the NRA, Lincoln will fight the NRA and pass common-sense gun reform
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2019, 05:17:26 PM »

The Lincoln Single Payer Healthcare Act

An act to establish a regional single payer healthcare system in the region of Lincoln

Section I: Elegibility and benefits
1. A new government program, named the Lincoln Healthcare System, or LHS, shall be created
2. All residents of Lincoln shall be entitled to benefits under this Act
3. No person shall be excluded from participation in or be denied the benefits of the program or be subject to any reduction of benefits established under this Act for discriminatory reasons. These include, but are not limited to age, race, gender, pre-existing medical conditions, etc
4. The enrollment of new individuals in this program shall be automatic upon adquiring the condition of legal resident of Lincoln. The government shall issue a card to all individuals enrolled in this program
5. From the moment this bill is enacted, it shall be unlawful for private insurers and employers to provide or sell benefits that duplicate those of this act. However extra benefits not covered by this act may still be provided by private insurers and employers

Section II: Coverage
1. The government of Lincoln shall pay on behalf of the individuals covered by this program for the following items and services if they are medically appropiate for the maintenance of health or for the diagnosis, treatment, or rehabilitation of a health condition:

a) Hospital services, including inpatient and outpatient hospital care, including 24-hour-a-day emergency services and inpatient prescription drugs.
b) Ambulatory patient services.
c) Primary and preventive services, including chronic disease management.
d) Prescription drugs and medical devices, including outpatient prescription drugs, medical devices, and biological products.
e) Mental health and substance abuse treatment services, including inpatient care.
f) Laboratory and diagnostic services.
g) Comprehensive reproductive, maternity, and newborn care.
h) Pediatrics.
i) Oral health, audiology, and vision services.
j) Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices.
k) Emergency services and transportation.
l) Early and periodic screening, diagnostic, and treatment services
m) Long-term care services and support

2. No cost-sharing measures shall be imposed on individuals for the services covered by this Act

Section III: On Healthcare Providers
1. Each health care provider has a duty to act in the exclusive interest of each individual under the care of such provider according to the applicable legal standard of care, such that no financial interest or relationship impairs any health care provider’s ability to furnish necessary and appropriate care to such individual.
2. A health care provider is considered to be qualified to furnish covered items and services under this Act if the provider is licensed or certified to furnish such items and services in the region of Lincoln
3. The government of Lincoln shall establish minimum standards for institutional providers of services and individual health care practitioners.
4. An institutional, individual or privately owned provider may not bill or enter into any private contract with any individual eligible for benefits under the Act for any item or service that is a benefit under this Act.
5. All healthcare providers by the start of the year 2030 shall be public or non-profit providers. The government of Lincoln will work for a smooth transition. The year of application of this section may be extended by the governor.
6. Individuals covered by this act shall be free to choose among all providers and institutions that participate in this Act

Section IV: Payments to Providers
1. Not later than the beginning of each fiscal quarter during which an institutional provider of care (including hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, Federally qualified health centers, home health agencies, and independent dialysis facilities) is to furnish items and services under this Act, the government of Lincoln shall pay to such institutional provider a lump sum.
2. The amount of each payment to a provider described in Section IV.1 shall be determined before the start of each fiscal year through negotiations between the provider and the state director with jurisdiction over such provider.
3. Payments to providers under this Act may not take into account:
a) The provider's marketing
b) The profit or net revenue of the provider
c) Political contributions
4. Providers receiving payment under this Section shall be prohibited from using funds designated for operating expenditures for capital expenditures or profit; and viceversa
5. The prices to be paid for covered pharmaceuticals, medical supplies, medical technologies, and medically necessary equipment covered under this Act shall be negotiated annually

Section V: Relation with the federal Reforming and Regionalizing Public Healthcare Act of 2017
1. The region of Lincoln hereby opts out of the AtlasCare program, as established in Part II, Section 1 of that bill.

Section VI: Enactment
1. This bill shall be enacted on the 1st of October, 2019

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2019, 05:19:32 PM »

This is atrocious

There is no way that I will support Lincoln’s healthcare system being allowed to become even more broken

The government needs to keep its hands off of healthcare
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2019, 05:33:52 PM »

I would encourage everyone not to clutter the thread with discussion on bills; especially bills that are already on the floor of the Council.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2019, 07:19:39 PM »

Lincoln Abortion Ban Repeal Act

to return Lincoln to a common sense reproductive health law

Section I

1. The Lincoln Abortion Ban Act (L 11.30) is repealed, and the provisions of law amended or repealed by such Act are restored or revived as if such Act had not been enacted.

Section II

1. This act takes effect immediately upon signing by the governor.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2019, 07:20:33 PM »

Lincoln Abortion Ban Repeal Act

to return Lincoln to a common sense reproductive health law

Section I

1. The Lincoln Abortion Ban Act (L 11.30) is repealed, and the provisions of law amended or repealed by such Act are restored or revived as if such Act had not been enacted.

Section II

1. This act takes effect immediately upon signing by the governor.

I don’t think this makes sense, as we just ended an anti-abortion amendment to the single payer bill
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2019, 07:23:38 PM »

I cannot emphasize this enough.

No debating or voting is to occur here under any circumstances.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2019, 07:28:36 PM »

I agree it is time and perhaps it may be better to have the bill sponsor just directly pm the speaker/chancellor and they can post everything in a thread?
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2019, 07:36:58 PM »

I agree it is time and perhaps it may be better to have the bill sponsor just directly pm the speaker/chancellor and they can post everything in a thread?

I mean, I support the process as it is, just as long as everyone understands that this isn't a thread to debate the bills as they come in.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2019, 11:48:41 PM »

Here is the cap and trade bill that I promised

It is based on the bill that Harry Reid (D-NV) and Senate Democrats proposed IRL in 2010, I added and deleted some provisions, but that is the inspiration for my bill

A Bill to Institute Cap-and-Trade Across Lincoln

Sponsor: Suburban NJ Conservative

1. The government of Lincoln shall set a cap on greenhouse emissions, this cap shall decrease annually by 15%
2. The initial cap shall be set by the incumbent Governor of Lincoln, when this bill is passed
3. Companies shall buy and sell permits to emit greenhouse gases, a company cannot emit greenhouse gases, if it does not have a permit. Initially, permits must be purchased from the government of Lincoln, for the price of $150 per permit, businesses may not sell permits to other companies for less than $70
4. The top 15% of businesses that emit the most greenhouse gases, shall be required to pay a penalty tax of 15% of their total value as a business to the government of Lincoln, for contributing to uncontrollable climate change
5. Electricity distributors must produce 45% of their energy from renewable sources by 2030
6. The government of Lincoln shall grant a subsidy of $75 billion to the wind energy industry and $85 billion to the solar energy industry, these subsidies shall be paid for by Lincoln reducing its AtlasCare benefits by $90 billion, the other $70 billion shall be raised from a hike of 120% on all existing Lincoln toll roads.
7. 42% of all vehicles produced in the region of Lincoln must be electricity powered, by the year 2025

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2019, 11:45:31 AM »

Here is a new bill

Improving the efficiency of the Lincoln Government

Part I:

This bill shall expand the total slots of legislation that the Lincoln Council can consider to 25, of these 18 slots shall be held by the government and 7 slots shall be held by the opposition

Part II:
This bill shall take effect immediately upon signing by the governor

I also respectfully ask Chancellor PyrotheFox and Speaker Tack50, to move this bill in front of all the other bills that I have proposed, in the opposition queue, so I ask the Speaker and Chancellor to make it the fourth bill in the opposition queue, behind Councilor Ninja’s bill
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2019, 12:37:10 PM »

Here is a new bill

Improving the efficiency of the Lincoln Government

Part I:

This bill shall expand the total slots of legislation that the Lincoln Council can consider to 25, of these 18 slots shall be held by the government and 7 slots shall be held by the opposition

Part II:
This bill shall take effect immediately upon signing by the governor

I also respectfully ask Chancellor PyrotheFox and Speaker Tack50, to move this bill in front of all the other bills that I have proposed, in the opposition queue, so I ask the Speaker and Chancellor to make it the fourth bill in the opposition queue, behind Councilor Ninja’s bill

I will co-sponsor so this jumps directly to the floor of the Council
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2019, 10:12:48 AM »

Resolution commemorating International Workers' Day

A resolution to commemorate May 1st as International Workers' Day

WHEREAS, the Haymarket affair, which took place on May 1st, 1886 in Chicago; was a huge event in the fight for workers' rights in this region

WHEREAS, many countries around the world commemorate May 1st and said event as a celebration of the fight for workers' rights across the world

RESOLVED, that the Region of Lincoln shall officialy recognize and commemorate May 1st as "International Workers' Day". This recognition shall not impact in any way the commemoration or status as a bank holiday of the first Monday in September as Labor day
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2019, 06:51:48 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2019, 01:53:22 PM by tack50 »

Amendment to the Standing Orders:

1. The Standing Orders of the Lincoln Council shall be ammended as follows

Section 2. Movement of Legislation to the Floor
D. Each thread shall remain open until the bill either (a) becomes law via the Governor's signature, lack of Gubernatorial action, or referendum override, (b) fails to receive majority support from Council, (c) is sent to the public for a referendum, pursuant to Article I, Section 6 of the Comprehensive Constitutional Amendment, or (d) the Chancellor moves to revoke it from the floor, subject to a majority vote.

E. After the conclusion of the first 72 hours for debate, the Chancellor may move for cloture. Upon the concurrence of two-thirds a majority of the membership, the Council shall end debate and the Speaker immediately declare a vote on the affected legislation.

Section 3. Legislative Debates and Voting
D. After the conclusion of the first 72 hours for debate, any Councillor or the Chancellor may call for a vote on said legislation. The Speaker shall open a vote if neither another Councillor nor the Chancellor objects within 24 hours of the call for a vote. If a Councillor objects to the motion within 24 hours, a vote shall be held on whether or not to proceed to a final vote, with a simple majority required for the objection to be overruled.

Introducing this on behalf of AustralianSwingVoter
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies