2nd Council of Lincoln Legislation Introduction (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:53:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  2nd Council of Lincoln Legislation Introduction (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2nd Council of Lincoln Legislation Introduction  (Read 4540 times)
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« on: April 26, 2019, 09:35:34 PM »

Transportation Improvement Bill

Sponsor: Councilor Suburban NJ Conservative (F-NJ)

This bill calls for building a tolled closed system mega highway with a toll of $0.75 per mile, from Philadelphia to Buffalo

It also calls to add tolls to the following interstate highways at the price of $0.80 per mile: I-80 (PA), I-95 (RI), I-70 (IN)

It also calls to add express toll lanes at the price of $1.25 per mile on the following highways in the New York City area (I-495, I-278, I-95 (until Exit 14), I-695, I-295) and in the Philadelphia area (I-276, I-95, I-76 (until Schuykill Haven)

This bill also calls for renovating the Verrazano Narrows Bridge and mandating a toll hike of 50% on all existing Lincoln tolls to pay for it

The money generated from this toll revenue, will be used to make repairs to roads in poor conditions and also to make improvements to major airports, such as Chicago O’Hare, New York City’s JFK, and Boston Logan.

I hope that the Council will support my plan to fund improvements to Lincoln’s infrastructure

Just going to point out that at 75 cents per mile, and the distance from Philly to Buffalo being around 380 miles, if implemented the toll for driving from Philly to Buffalo would be $285 DOLLARS.
Would you pay $285 DOLLARS in tolls just to drive one-way from Philly to Buffalo?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 08:14:28 PM »

Upon the request of the Governor and the Speaker, here's a SOAP amendment to fix the amendment problem. A government councillor needs to quote this and sponsor this:
Amendment to the Standing Orders:

1. The Standing Orders of the Lincoln Council shall be amended as follows:
Section 3. Legislative Debates and Voting
B. During debate, Councillors and sponsors of proposed legislation may suggest amendments to proposed legislation. If the sponsor of the proposed legislation publicly deems the amendment friendly, no vote on the amendment shall be required. If the sponsor of the proposed legislation does not publicly deem the amendment friendly, or any other Councillor objects to the amendment, a vote on the amendment shall be taken 24 hours after being proposed unless there is less than 24 hours of debate remaining on the bill. If there is less than 24 hours of debate remaining on the bill, a vote on the amendment shall be taken before proceeding to a final vote on the bill. Such vote shall be open for 24 hours, or until all Councillors have voted, if earlier. An amendment shall pass if a majority of Councillors vote in favor of it (with abstentions and absences not counted as votes).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies