2nd Council of Lincoln Legislation Introduction (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:02:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  2nd Council of Lincoln Legislation Introduction (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2nd Council of Lincoln Legislation Introduction  (Read 4538 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« on: April 27, 2019, 07:28:36 PM »

I cannot emphasize this enough.

No debating or voting is to occur here under any circumstances.

I agree it is time and perhaps it may be better to have the bill sponsor just directly pm the speaker/chancellor and they can post everything in a thread?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 01:40:19 AM »
« Edited: May 18, 2019, 01:44:47 AM by Elliot County Populist »

End of Public Affirmative Action in Lincoln

I. Any Publicly funded college or university in the region of Lincoln is hereby banned from using race as a factor in admissions in any form whatsoever.
II. Failure to abide by this law shall result in jail time and fines for university officials involved and funding cuts to universities that fail to abide to this law.
III: A publicly funded university shall be defined as one where at least 20% of funding for the university comes from the government.
IV. Private Universities shall not be affected by this law.

Basically California's AA ban. The UC's can't practice it but Stanford can. Other factors are still allowed of course.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 10:22:27 PM »

Historical Lincoln Act

to promote our the history of our region, develop new regional museums, and provide grants for the humanities

Section I: Recognition

1. As representatives of the Region of Lincoln, we recognize that preserving our mutual history is what binds us and ensures we learn from our shared experiences. In order to preserve the memory of our past and seek the betterment of all, it is our duty to foster the development of historical studies and the humanities overall.

Section II: Historical Preservation

1. Lincoln shall appoint a Historic & Landmarks Preservation Board.

a. This Board's objective shall be to promote the protection and preservation of Lincoln's historic sites, buildings and districts based on cultural or artistic achievements which cannot be duplicated or otherwise replaced. As a result, the Board shall enhance local attractions, foster economic development and retain property values and uses.

b. Members of the Board must be qualified preservationists and historians.

c. Members of the Board shall be appointed by the Governor.

Section III: The Museum Project

1. The Historical Museums of Lincoln shall be administered by the Region of Lincoln.

a. This project shall be a pubic initiative for the development of museums and research centers throughout the region. Its directive shall be the construction and maintenance of public facilities containing historical artifacts, literature, collections and historically and/or culturally-significant items.

b. The project shall be directed primarily by the Secretary of The Historical Museums of Lincoln, a public official as appointed by the Governor.

i. The Secretary shall be given the task of presiding over the directive as outlined in 1-a.

ii. The Secretary shall be permitted to appoint a maximum of fifteen team members to assist in managing the project, subject to change at the discretion of the Governor.

Section IV: To Promote the Humanities

1. Lincoln shall establish the Foster The Humanities Program.

a. This shall be an independent agency instructed to offer funding for studies and projects involving human society and culture, social sciences, language, geography, music, history politics and art.

b. The Foster The Humanities Program shall accomplish the following.

i. Assist in the quality development of humanities-oriented learning and teaching programs, courses and curricula in public education.

ii. Work alongside public institutions to provide teaching faculty with the means to provide quality experiences to students.

iii. Recognize individuals and communities exhibiting exceptional work in the fields highlighted in 1-a.

c. The agency shall allocate a minimum of $1M in annual grants per state in order to meet the above criteria.

Section V: Enactment

1. This act takes effect upon signing by the governor.

Smiley

With all respect governor,despite the relatively harmless nature of the bill and relatively moderate comment you should respect the fact that this thread is not for commenting on the legislation.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 06:06:11 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2019, 08:47:15 PM by Elliot County Populist »

Financial Abortion Act

Giving the right to terminate any financial support of a future child

Section I: Action and Timeframe

i. If one member of a couple that created a mutually conceived fetus wishes to raise a child but the other does not, the one that does not want the child may terminate all parental rights including financial rights. They will not be required to pay any child support as long as the child resides in the region of Lincoln. This action will hereby be referred to as a financial abortion.

ii. This Financial Abortion must take place either 12 weeks into the pregnancy or 2 weeks after disclosure of the pregnancy to both partners,whichever is the later date.

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 10:41:31 PM »

Young Traders Act

Opening a limited stock market to the youth.

Section I:Actions now Allowed
A. Age Lowering
    i. The minimum age to open a special youth stock market account shall be lowered to 16.
    ii. Nothing stated above may prevent private brokers from setting their own age restriction stated it is above the age of 16.
   iii. Stated youth stock market account will not have full function of the market and will be only be allowed to purchase and sell the top 500 companies in market cap at the date of purchase of the stock.
  iv. Brokers will not be held responsible for any losses due to trades
  V. Brokers may not give special options that increases risk such as selling on margin or selling short.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies