2nd Council of Lincoln Legislation Introduction (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:46:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  2nd Council of Lincoln Legislation Introduction (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2nd Council of Lincoln Legislation Introduction  (Read 4524 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« on: April 26, 2019, 05:44:09 PM »
« edited: April 26, 2019, 07:30:15 PM by Lincoln Councilor Suburban New Jersey Conservative »

Transportation Improvement Bill

Sponsor: Councilor Suburban NJ Conservative (F-NJ)

This bill calls for building a tolled closed system mega highway with a toll of $0.75 per mile, from Philadelphia to Buffalo

It also calls to add tolls to the following interstate highways at the price of $0.80 per mile: I-80 (PA), I-95 (RI), I-70 (IN)

It also calls to add express toll lanes at the price of $1.25 per mile on the following highways in the New York City area (I-495, I-278, I-95 (until Exit 14), I-695, I-295) and in the Philadelphia area (I-276, I-95, I-76 (until Schuykill Haven)

This bill also calls for renovating the Verrazano Narrows Bridge and mandating a toll hike of 50% on all existing Lincoln tolls to pay for it

The money generated from this toll revenue, will be used to make repairs to roads in poor conditions and also to make improvements to major airports, such as Chicago O’Hare, New York City’s JFK, and Boston Logan.

I hope that the Council will support my plan to fund improvements to Lincoln’s infrastructure
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 08:08:20 PM »

A Bill to Exterminate Gun Violence
Sponsor: Councilor Suburban NJ Conservative (F-NJ)

This bill shall:

Ban all assault weapons
Create a two-year waiting period to purchase a gun
Abolish any concealed carry
Require two weeks worth of background checks and require gun owners to turn over all personal documents to be checked
Ban anyone with any criminal history or charge from purchasing any type of firearm
Require people to be at least 35 to purchase a firearm
Require people to obtain a license to carry a firearm
Licences cannot be delivered any earlier than 16 months after one applies for them
The application for a gun license must be approved of by the majority of the Lincoln Council and Lincoln’s Attorney General

I trust that this legislation, will help us to eliminate the scourge of gun violence from the region of Lincoln
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 04:05:27 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2019, 04:14:01 PM by Lincoln Councilor Suburban New Jersey Conservative »

Frémont will be happy to accept refugees fleeing the scourge of toll roads and gun-grabbing regional inspectors if the opposition ever gains power in Lincoln.

Equal amounts of people will flee the high taxes that you are advocating for in Fremont
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 04:13:36 PM »

Frémont will be happy to accept refugees fleeing the scourge of toll roads and gun-grabbing regional inspectors if the opposition ever gains power in Lincoln.

When did Labor and Fremont become supporters of the NRA, Lincoln will fight the NRA and pass common-sense gun reform
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 05:19:32 PM »

This is atrocious

There is no way that I will support Lincoln’s healthcare system being allowed to become even more broken

The government needs to keep its hands off of healthcare
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 07:20:33 PM »

Lincoln Abortion Ban Repeal Act

to return Lincoln to a common sense reproductive health law

Section I

1. The Lincoln Abortion Ban Act (L 11.30) is repealed, and the provisions of law amended or repealed by such Act are restored or revived as if such Act had not been enacted.

Section II

1. This act takes effect immediately upon signing by the governor.

I don’t think this makes sense, as we just ended an anti-abortion amendment to the single payer bill
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2019, 11:48:41 PM »

Here is the cap and trade bill that I promised

It is based on the bill that Harry Reid (D-NV) and Senate Democrats proposed IRL in 2010, I added and deleted some provisions, but that is the inspiration for my bill

A Bill to Institute Cap-and-Trade Across Lincoln

Sponsor: Suburban NJ Conservative

1. The government of Lincoln shall set a cap on greenhouse emissions, this cap shall decrease annually by 15%
2. The initial cap shall be set by the incumbent Governor of Lincoln, when this bill is passed
3. Companies shall buy and sell permits to emit greenhouse gases, a company cannot emit greenhouse gases, if it does not have a permit. Initially, permits must be purchased from the government of Lincoln, for the price of $150 per permit, businesses may not sell permits to other companies for less than $70
4. The top 15% of businesses that emit the most greenhouse gases, shall be required to pay a penalty tax of 15% of their total value as a business to the government of Lincoln, for contributing to uncontrollable climate change
5. Electricity distributors must produce 45% of their energy from renewable sources by 2030
6. The government of Lincoln shall grant a subsidy of $75 billion to the wind energy industry and $85 billion to the solar energy industry, these subsidies shall be paid for by Lincoln reducing its AtlasCare benefits by $90 billion, the other $70 billion shall be raised from a hike of 120% on all existing Lincoln toll roads.
7. 42% of all vehicles produced in the region of Lincoln must be electricity powered, by the year 2025

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2019, 11:45:31 AM »

Here is a new bill

Improving the efficiency of the Lincoln Government
Sponsor: Suburban NJ Conservative

Part I:

This bill shall expand the total slots of legislation that the Lincoln Council can consider to 25, of these 18 slots shall be held by the government and 7 slots shall be held by the opposition

Part II:
This bill shall take effect immediately upon signing by the governor

I also respectfully ask Chancellor PyrotheFox and Speaker Tack50, to move this bill in front of all the other bills that I have proposed, in the opposition queue, so I ask the Speaker and Chancellor to make it the fourth bill in the opposition queue, behind Councilor Ninja’s bill
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2019, 09:13:39 PM »

Amending Votes on Legislation Act

1. The threshold to override a filibuster shall be changed to at least 60% of Councilors, rather than the current requirement of 66.67%

2. Bills relating to economics may be passed by budget reconciliation. However, with this move, a bill must be cosponsored by at least two other Councilors. The bill must include at least 60 percent of all amendments offered to the bill. This option shall only be available if the Coucnil has 4 or more members. A bill with budget reconciliation may not be filibustered

3. Object to a vote on a cloture, shall be renamed as sustaining a filibuster

4. This law shall take effect, immediately after being signed by the governor
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 09:25:20 PM »

It has come to my attention that some disturbing messages have been posted on Discord

Discord Regulation Bill

I. All Discord posts by a Lincoln Councilor shall be viewed by all Councilors

II. A Discord post can be grounds for censure or impeachment of a Lincoln Councilor

III. Any Councilor who repeatedly posts offensive or discriminatory messages on discord shall be automatically recalled

IV. This bill takes effect, immediately after being signed by the governor

I hope to get bipartisan support for this bill, as elected officials we need to be held to high standards and serve as role models for our community, those Discord posts are not indicative of being role models.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 06:12:56 PM »

It has come to my attention that some disturbing messages have been posted on Discord

Discord Regulation Bill

I. All Discord posts by a Lincoln Councilor shall be viewed by all Councilors

II. A Discord post can be grounds for censure or impeachment of a Lincoln Councilor

III. Any Councilor who repeatedly posts offensive or discriminatory messages on discord shall be automatically recalled

IV. This bill takes effect, immediately after being signed by the governor

I hope to get bipartisan support for this bill, as elected officials we need to be held to high standards and serve as role models for our community, those Discord posts are not indicative of being role models.

I would like to revoke my sponsorship of this bill, and would like for the Chancellor to immediately table it, when it comes to the floor
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 03:30:21 PM »

Firearms Safety Act

to ensure we attain common sense weapons reform

Section I: Standard Regulations and Safety Measures

1. Background Checks shall be mandatory for all gun sales.

a. In order to purchase a firearm, the prospective consumer must pass this Background Check.

b. Background Checks shall be conducted by the Bureau of Firearm Safety (BFS).

2. Concealed Carry shall hereby be prohibited.

3. The sale of firearms to any person under the age of 18 shall hereby be prohibited.

Section II: Revising the Bureau of Firearm Safety

1. The Bureau of Firearm Safety (BFS) is to be established.

a. The BFS shall have an NPC Director that is appointed by the Governor. The director shall lead the bureau and is tasked with the hiring of personnel.

b. The BFS shall work in tandem with federal resources to administer and report on firearm Background Checks.

c. The Governor may dissolve and reform the BFS.

Section III: Enactment

1. This act shall take effect upon the appointment of the BFS Director.

I would like to cosponsor the bill presented by the Chancellor
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2019, 09:50:00 AM »

Lincoln Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act

SECTION I: NAME

1. This bill may be cited as the Lincoln Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act.
2. This bill may, in short, be cited as the Lincoln Assault Weapon Ban Act.

SECTION II: ASSAULT WEAPON BAN

1. There shall be a regiowide ban on the purchasing, sale, or possession of assualt weapons, these weapons include semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns, which can accept detachable magazines, as well as revolving cylindrical shotguns.

2. Any weapon that is purchased, sold, or possessed may not have a folding or collapsible stock, a bayonet lug, a threaded barrel, a grenade launcher, or a barrel shroud.

SECTION III: AUTOMATIC WEAPON BAN

1. There shall be a ban on the purchasing, sale, or possession of fully automatic weapons, also known as Title II weapons under the National Firearms Act.

SECTION IV: LEGAL LIABILITIES FOR GUN MANUFACTURERS

1. Gun manufacturers may be sued if their weapons are used in violent crimes, by family members, close friends, and/or legal counsel of family members or close friends of gun violence victims.

2. Manufacturers may be sued for up to $15 million.

3. These cases will be be submitted to, heard, and ruled on by Lincoln's regional Justice.

SECTION V: GUN TAX

1. There shall be a 15% additional tax imposed on all shotguns

2. There shall be a 30% additional tax imposed on all handguns and pistols

3. There shall be a 50% additional tax imposed on all other firearms, that are legal to purchase, under this bill.

SECTION VI: TIMING

1. This bill shall take effect, one week after being signed by the Governor.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies