Allyson Schwartz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:07:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate
  Political Essays & Deliberation (Moderator: Torie)
  Allyson Schwartz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Allyson Schwartz  (Read 25740 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2005, 11:03:56 PM »

Okay, maybe your partisan glasses are too tinted. PA 13 is not nearly as pro-choice as you are making it out to be. And guess what, I never said being out of line with the district was good or bad - in fact, I said that I am out of line with the district. Further, what does Representative O'Brien have to do with anything?! Did anyone ever say his stance on murder of babies with beating hearts was in line with 13? I didnt. You brought it up for whatever reason... i dont know why.

I was simply making a comparison with regards to O'Brien and yes I have checked his voting record on the issue.  Can't say I agree with it, but anyway...  On that note I am out of line with PA 13 on many of my social views, but then again they may simply be youth and I have never raised a family, so that may change (or so u hope Smiley ).  I also can't stand how dramatic some of you pro-lifers are on abortion.  I'm not trying to be PC here, but I have reasons for being pro-CHOICE.  This does not mean I openly advocate "baby murder" or some sick twisted right wing thing you may concoct.  I simply advocate the most humane method possible given a set of cicrumstances beyond my control and feel the woman herself has the power to make that decision.   

would you like to know why we get so dramatic? becuase it is MURDER of innocent babies! Its that easy. and the fact that you pro-murder of innocent baby folks do not see that really makes us sick. In many cases, it STOPS A BEATING HEART! It also physically hurts the baby... watch an ultrasound of a baby when an abortion is taking place... as soon as the "tools" make contact with the baby, the babies mouth opens... thats called a SCREAM FOR HELP. the silent scream. you sick pigs who take this lightly and say I am being dramatic can all go to hell because I am right.  Does this make me a crazy conservative as you are likely to make me out to be? I dont know but IF it does I will sure be proud of that title because of the "silent scream." Ya see, we pro-lifers work in reality and we hear the silent scream. Liberals dont see it so chose to ignore it. Pathetic!!!!

Harvard Medical Study just proved you wrong.  Fetuses feel nothing up until 30 weeks.  And who strongly supported the pro-choice Melissa Brown in 2004?  Exactly!  I disagree with partial birth abortion, but I'm not going to hold that against Allyson.  Remember, Melissa Brown had to change her position from basically being no different to a little more anti-choice, but that was to appeal to NE Philadelphians.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2005, 12:03:44 AM »

Schwartz is my friend's aunt.  It's actually pretty funny, because I was acquainted with PA-13 before I even got here.
No One
DMK169
Rookie

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2005, 08:44:59 AM »

well thats BS because ask any doctor what the mouth opening means they will tell you it is a silent scream. they do feal the pain... why in God's name would the mouth open EVERY SINGLE TIME an abortion is taking place and the "tools" touch the baby... also, why do all the babies frantically try to move AWAY from the "tools" turing an abortion? is it because they "dont feel anything?" you pig.... but you wanna talk about Harvard medical studies? lets do it...a Harvard medical study said that life ends when the brain wave ends. numerous other studies have shown that there is a brain wave within the first months of conception... within the time where a murder is still allowed by law. So, according to the Harvard study saying life ENDS with the ending of a brain wave, wouldnt that mean life BEGINS with the beginning of a brain wave?!
and by the way, jack, i never once defended Melissa's stance on abortion, she is dead wrong so to bring that up was a low blow from someone who didnt have any real defense. and by the way, brendan boyle, bobby casey jr., US Rep. Oberstar, US Senator Ben Nelson and many more are allll pro life democrats. (ya know just because for some outlandish reason, you felt like telling me of a Republican pro-abortion pol)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2005, 01:44:42 PM »

well thats BS because ask any doctor what the mouth opening means they will tell you it is a silent scream. they do feal the pain... why in God's name would the mouth open EVERY SINGLE TIME an abortion is taking place and the "tools" touch the baby... also, why do all the babies frantically try to move AWAY from the "tools" turing an abortion? is it because they "dont feel anything?" you pig.... but you wanna talk about Harvard medical studies? lets do it...a Harvard medical study said that life ends when the brain wave ends. numerous other studies have shown that there is a brain wave within the first months of conception... within the time where a murder is still allowed by law. So, according to the Harvard study saying life ENDS with the ending of a brain wave, wouldnt that mean life BEGINS with the beginning of a brain wave?!
and by the way, jack, i never once defended Melissa's stance on abortion, she is dead wrong so to bring that up was a low blow from someone who didnt have any real defense. and by the way, brendan boyle, bobby casey jr., US Rep. Oberstar, US Senator Ben Nelson and many more are allll pro life democrats. (ya know just because for some outlandish reason, you felt like telling me of a Republican pro-abortion pol)

Why do you have to have to be so insulting to have an abortion conversation with me?   Gee, you never called Melissa Brown a "pig" for virtually having the same abortion posiition as myself.  How partisan.  I am aware of people like Brendan Boyle, Joe Driscoll, Mike McGeehan, Bob Casey, and Bart Stupak who are adamant pro-life Democrats and I have even told the first three square to their faces I don't agree with them.  At the same time I have told them why I don't agree with them in a respectful manner and they likewise were the same with me.  Why can't you be?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2005, 02:09:39 PM »

A brain wave is an electrical impulse, it is not technically living so you cannot use that comparison.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2005, 02:20:19 PM »

You didn't see where he basically encouraged women to get abortions so he can have a relationship with them...(no lie)

Thats quite sick

Sex without guilt or baggage is a wonderful thing!  BOOYEAH!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2005, 03:59:26 PM »

You didn't see where he basically encouraged women to get abortions so he can have a relationship with them...(no lie)

Thats quite sick

Thank God you'll never have a chance to reproduce.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2005, 04:03:46 PM »

Thats quite sick

Thank God you'll never have a chance to reproduce.

How do you know?  I might have already did.....
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2005, 04:08:02 PM »

How do you know?  I might have already did.....

God help us.
No One
DMK169
Rookie

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2005, 10:19:31 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2005, 10:32:43 PM by DMK169 »

flyers, i told a friend of mine who worked at planned parenthood about your "sex without guilt or baggage is a wonderful thing! BOOYEA!" comment and she replied "well thats silly and irresponsible. that isnt the motive behind abortion, it isnt a form of birth control.. what that person said was just ignorance"

you are a sick sick b@st@rd if you really meant that quote and even pro-abortion girl agrees with me.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2005, 10:40:20 PM »

How can you not feel guilty about someone aborting a child after you suggested it?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2005, 12:33:59 AM »

flyers, i told a friend of mine who worked at planned parenthood about your "sex without guilt or baggage is a wonderful thing! BOOYEA!" comment and she replied "well thats silly and irresponsible. that isnt the motive behind abortion, it isnt a form of birth control.. what that person said was just ignorance"

you are a sick sick b@st@rd if you really meant that quote and even pro-abortion girl agrees with me.

Nah, I just wanted to rile you up!  The fact you even mentioned that to someone what was posted on a Forum is frightening.  Wow, and you have a friend that works at PP?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2005, 12:35:54 AM »

You have to work on better excuses, my friend.
No One
DMK169
Rookie

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2005, 10:32:52 PM »

Nah, I just wanted to rile you up!  The fact you even mentioned that to someone what was posted on a Forum is frightening.  Wow, and you have a friend that works at PP?

I mentioned it to her cuz I was talking to her when I read that disgusting quote. And the fact that I told her is not nearly as frighetning as the quote itself you sick b@st@rd. yes, i do have a friend who worked for PP because I look past people's political philosophy and I also realize that we all have our faults. She believes its an issue of choice but never would have on herself. She is wrong about it being a "choice" but she does recognize that the procedure itself is so terrible that it should only be used for an emergency. she actually said a lot more about your quote but this is a PG board.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2005, 12:42:20 AM »

is it because they "dont feel anything?" you pig.... but you wanna talk about Harvard medical studies?

The reason I said that was to compare what you just said right here to what I said jokingly as a "pig".  Because I am pro-choice I am a pig?  Because your friend who works at PP is pro-choice she is therefore a pig?  Because Melissa Brown is pro-choice therefore she is a "pig"?  Yes, and Phil I took back my previous pro-choice statement because it was a rant and something I found out greatly affected that viewpoint and I apologized and feel very guilty for it.  That does not mean I am no longer pro-CHOICE.  Please DMK, don't whine to this person about how much of an ass I am without telling the full story.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2005, 01:02:26 AM »

Update on the paper - unfortunetly there was a problem with electronic submission thing so I probably won't be getting it back till Friday or Monday.

I'd also like to ask Phil and DMK, if the district is so pro-life, why were 98% of the votes cast in this race (and 70% or so in the Republican primary) for a candidate who supports abortion rights?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2005, 12:52:50 PM »

Update on the paper - unfortunetly there was a problem with electronic submission thing so I probably won't be getting it back till Friday or Monday.

I'd also like to ask Phil and DMK, if the district is so pro-life, why were 98% of the votes cast in this race (and 70% or so in the Republican primary) for a candidate who supports abortion rights?

One thing I have to give them is in PA 13 there are a lot of pro-life Democrats in NE Philly (McGeehan, Boyle, Driscoll, etc.) with Sen. Stack being a question mark and pro-choice Republicans in Montgomery County (Brown, Bard, Greenleaf, etc).  There was no pro-life Dem option the past primary unless State Rep. Mike McGeehan stayed in the race.  Had that been an option he would have surely cut into a lot of Joe Torsella supporters who are in fact pro-life.  That being said, the majority of PA 13 is pro-choice end of story.   
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2005, 03:44:51 PM »

I don't believe that PA 13 is a Pro Life district but it's not as extremely Pro Choice as Flyers wants people to believe.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2005, 03:56:55 PM »

I don't believe that PA 13 is a Pro Life district but it's not as extremely Pro Choice as Flyers wants people to believe.

I have not said nor have tried to leave you to believe PA 13 is an extremely pro-choice district, but it nonetheless leans that way.
No One
DMK169
Rookie

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2005, 09:53:26 PM »

is it because they "dont feel anything?" you pig.... but you wanna talk about Harvard medical studies?

The reason I said that was to compare what you just said right here to what I said jokingly as a "pig".  Because I am pro-choice I am a pig?  Because your friend who works at PP is pro-choice she is therefore a pig?  Because Melissa Brown is pro-choice therefore she is a "pig"?  Yes, and Phil I took back my previous pro-choice statement because it was a rant and something I found out greatly affected that viewpoint and I apologized and feel very guilty for it.  That does not mean I am no longer pro-CHOICE.  Please DMK, don't whine to this person about how much of an ass I am without telling the full story.

Flyers, you said the next time i whine my friend to make sure to tell the whole story... what did I leave out?  and secondly, I was not whinning... I asked the opinion of a pro-abortion friend of mine on a sick quote that someone made. And NO, not all pro-abortion folks are pigs. Just you and those who made comments like your "sex without baggage" comment. In fact, pro-choice people i know said that was a sick comment.  The day my friend, Melissa Brown or any of those people say "abortion is good because i can have sex with whoever i please without worry because i can just abort the baby" is the day I call them pigs. But until then you are the only person who I know of who made that comment. It was sick and you should be ashamed that you are that irresponsible for your actions.
No One
DMK169
Rookie

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2005, 09:54:47 PM »

and not only that... I dont know any (other than you) pro-abortionish who thinks the act of abortion is a good thing to use whenever they make a msitake... they all think it is a "woman's coice"
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2005, 12:25:23 AM »
« Edited: December 02, 2005, 10:43:45 AM by Brian from Family Guy »

and not only that... I dont know any (other than you) pro-abortionish who thinks the act of abortion is a good thing to use whenever they make a msitake... they all think it is a "woman's coice"

Hence, that what my opinion is all joking or sarcastic comments aside.  I feel it is a woman's choice and a necessary evil in many cases.  I even favor a 3rd trimester ban except for the mother's life or physical health.  I so think we should also try to reduce the number of abortions through comprehensive sex education and encourage the use of birth control such as condoms and the pill.     

My comments were to dichotomize the extremities of your comment calling us pro-choicers "pigs."
No One
DMK169
Rookie

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2005, 09:59:50 AM »

Hence, that what my opinion is all joking or sarcastic comments aside.  I feel it is a woman's choice and a necessary evil in many cases.  I even favor a 3rd trimester ban except for the mother's life or physical health.  I so think we should also try to reduce the number of abortions through comprehensive sex education and encourage the use of birth control such as condoms and the pill.     

My comments was the dichotomize the extremities of your comment call us pro-choicers "pigs."

lets say you start reading (or comprehending) everything I say. I never once called you "pro-choicers" pigs. I called YOU a pig for your disgusting comments. Did you notice how no pro-choicers on this forum came to your defense on those comments? It is because they do not think abortion is for "sex without baggage." That "Sex w/out baggage" comment is why i called YOU a pig. I never once called pro-choicers as a whole pigs... only you and so did another pro-choicer because it was a sick and disgusting comment. joking or not. I am not being dramatic in the least... what you said was awful, shameful and disgusting. I really wish EMILYS list, pro-choice america and PP used that quote as their headline because IF they did, there is no doubt in my mind that a VAST majoirty of americans would change their view on abortion. The only reason many people are pro-choice now is because they think of it as a "choice" and if they did not think of it in that way.... and they thought of it was "sex without baggage" they would change their opinions... without a doubt
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2005, 12:48:41 PM »

If you want to make me be your personal enemy, great!  Yeah, I'm sorry I went to 12 years of Catholic school, live in Northeast Philly and disagree with you on a woman's right to choose.  Some of us don't take what we've learned in Catholic school and look at the issue with blinders on when we reexamine the issues later in life.  Of course I did the pro-life rose selling thing in grade school when I was about 8 or 9 and thought abortion was baby killing and it was awful.  I then asked myself the simple question of WHY someone would do that.  When you live a comfortable life, you really have no clue as to the factors that may lead someone to arrive at the decision to terminate her pregnancy.  I also remember the GOP slanted literature handed to my family the Sunday before every election basically priaising the GOP candidate and making the Dem look like trash.  What are you trying to prove with me?  What more do you want me to say regarding the sarcastic, yet meant to be facetious comment I made? 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2005, 03:40:48 PM »

If you want to make me be your personal enemy, great!  Yeah, I'm sorry I went to 12 years of Catholic school, live in Northeast Philly and disagree with you on a woman's right to choose.  Some of us don't take what we've learned in Catholic school and look at the issue with blinders on when we reexamine the issues later in life.  Of course I did the pro-life rose selling thing in grade school when I was about 8 or 9 and thought abortion was baby killing and it was awful.  I then asked myself the simple question of WHY someone would do that.  When you live a comfortable life, you really have no clue as to the factors that may lead someone to arrive at the decision to terminate her pregnancy.  I also remember the GOP slanted literature handed to my family the Sunday before every election basically priaising the GOP candidate and making the Dem look like trash.  What are you trying to prove with me?  What more do you want me to say regarding the sarcastic, yet meant to be facetious comment I made? 

So because we have Pro Life beliefs that means we have not examined our position and we're dumb? This wasn't even about you being Pro Choice. This is about your digusting "Oh well I don't care if they get an abortion! As long as it means some ass for me!" comments. Abortion is still a horrible procedure, whether you are Pro Life or Pro Choice.

What you also FAIL to realize is that the Church holds conservative positions on most of these issues so when you see conservative literature being handed out, accept the fact that this is what we, as Catholics, believe. Get over it.

You're an obnoxious slimeball. I wouldn't call you that if you presented your views respectfully but you're the trash that you post warrants that response.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies