Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2019, 09:43:13 am
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

Atlas Forum
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: Gustaf, Torie, The Mikado, Speaker YE)
  London vs. Paris vs. Rome
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Which city do you want to visit most?
#1London, UK  
#2Paris, France  
#3Rome, Italy  
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: London vs. Paris vs. Rome  (Read 573 times)
TDAS04
YaBB God
Nepal

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 27, 2019, 03:48:48 pm »

The three most visited cities in Europe.
Councilor Suburban New Jersey Conservative
S019
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 6.78

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 04:33:57 pm »

London
Blue3
Starwatcher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 04:41:50 pm »

I've always heard London and Paris were overrated, but people I know have always enjoyed Rome.
Lechasseur
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 05:46:45 pm »

I've been to all 3, and I really enjoy London and Paris, but I'd probably give London the edge.

On the other hand, I'm not a huge fan of Rome personally, it's worth a visit of course but I don't like it as much as the other two.
Let Dogs Survive
MormDem
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 06:25:17 pm »
« Edited: April 27, 2019, 09:49:56 pm by Let Dogs Survive »

Paris,...I've been to the other two already. While both were disappointments compared to the rest of their countries...at least Rome had the church with the monks' skeletons hung up.
Progressive Pessimist
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 07:41:22 pm »

I haven't been to any of them, but Paris is the one I am most interested in visiting.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2019, 09:28:28 pm »

Depends on what you really want I think. I give the edge to London.
Fubart Solman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2019, 11:19:54 pm »

Been to Paris already. Nothing against Rome, but I’ll go for London.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2019, 11:48:29 pm »

I've been to all 3, and I really enjoy London and Paris, but I'd probably give London the edge.

On the other hand, I'm not a huge fan of Rome personally, it's worth a visit of course but I don't like it as much as the other two.

Same here, except I'd probably flip London and Paris in terms of preference. I've always found Rome to be surprisingly dissapointing. The rest of Italy is great, but Rome, just not so much...
Lechasseur
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2019, 03:24:30 am »

Same here, except I'd probably flip London and Paris in terms of preference. I've always found Rome to be surprisingly dissapointing. The rest of Italy is great, but Rome, just not so much...

Unfortunately I've never seen the cities of Northern Italy like Milan, Turin, Venice, Bologna and Parma; but at anyrate I love Florence, it's one of my favorite cities in the world, I really like Siena too and I like Naples too (especially the landscape around the city).

But yeah Rome is kind of disappointing and so are Pisa and Palermo. The biggest disappointment imo is Pisa. It's a very bland place. Other than the Leaning Tower and the Cathedral, there's nothing there.
Let Dogs Survive
MormDem
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2019, 10:09:43 am »

Unfortunately I've never seen the cities of Northern Italy like Milan, Turin, Venice, Bologna and Parma; but at anyrate I love Florence, it's one of my favorite cities in the world, I really like Siena too and I like Naples too (especially the landscape around the city).

But yeah Rome is kind of disappointing and so are Pisa and Palermo. The biggest disappointment imo is Pisa. It's a very bland place. Other than the Leaning Tower and the Cathedral, there's nothing there.

You missed nothing in Milan. There's just nothing there. The rest of those Northern cities really are amazing...but Milan...remarkably bland.

Also, I rather liked Pisa.
RINO Tom
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2019, 01:41:39 pm »

I have been lucky enough to visit all three, though London takes an unfair hit in my book due to the fact that I was pretty young when I visited ... I will rank them simply as a week long vacation destination:

1. Paris
2. Rome
3. London
Blairite
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2019, 11:07:08 am »

Paris, then London, then Rome, but they're all great. Madrid is Europe's best city, though.
RoboWop
AMB1996
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2019, 11:56:09 am »

I can't believe anyone would rank London first.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2019, 12:00:41 am »

Paris, then London, then Rome, but they're all great. Madrid is Europe's best city, though.

Madrid is very, very cool, especially if you love art and European history.
Let Dogs Survive
MormDem
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2019, 12:08:40 am »

Rome's a bit underwhelming and Pairisians are rude...what's there to be surprised about?
Blairite
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2019, 12:11:13 am »

Madrid is very, very cool, especially if you love art and European history.
I know! It's always Barcelona this and Paris that, but Madrid is just incredible! I guess that just makes it less crowded for the rest of us. 😀
RoboWop
AMB1996
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2019, 12:34:35 pm »

Rome's a bit underwhelming and Pairisians are rude...what's there to be surprised about?

Londoners were always much ruder to me than Parisians. The only person in Paris who was ever rude to me was a fat Brit who almost pushed me in front of the metro because he couldn't mind his girth.
RINO Tom
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2019, 04:44:49 pm »

Londoners were always much ruder to me than Parisians. The only person in Paris who was ever rude to me was a fat Brit who almost pushed me in front of the metro because he couldn't mind his girth.

Yeah, on my two visits the whole “Parisians are rude” BS proved to be quite the urban legend.  Also, Rome underwhelming??  Kay.
Blairite
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2019, 03:04:01 am »

Yeah, on my two visits the whole “Parisians are rude” BS proved to be quite the urban legend.  Also, Rome underwhelming??  Kay.
Agreed. They're only rude to rude Americans who deserve it. Also, Rome is incredible as a collection of historical sights, but a bit underwhelming as a city. London and Paris are the political, cultural, and financial hubs of their countries, whereas Milan owns the latter two categories in Italy, making Rome a bit run down and ironically, a bit provincial.
RINO Tom
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2019, 09:01:55 am »

Agreed. They're only rude to rude Americans who deserve it. Also, Rome is incredible as a collection of historical sights, but a bit underwhelming as a city. London and Paris are the political, cultural, and financial hubs of their countries, whereas Milan owns the latter two categories in Italy, making Rome a bit run down and ironically, a bit provincial.

I guess as someone more fascinated with ancient history than what has come after, I had everything I would ever need in Rome for a week long tourist destination, haha.  Fantastic pizza, wine and ancient monuments??  Good enough for me!

Paris seemed the overall most impressive to me, TBH, and I am always so surprised when people didn't have a good experience there.  Glad I did!
TDAS04
YaBB God
Nepal

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2019, 07:21:52 pm »

I voted Paris.  May sister lives in a Paris suburb with her French husband and two kids, but that's not the only reason voted that way.  I love the bakeries, the architecture, the restaurants, etc.
SnowLabrador
YaBB God
P
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2019, 02:02:48 pm »

Rome, because I've been to the other two already.
Esteemed™ Speaker Jimmy7812
Jimmy7812
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.74, S: -2.91

P P
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2019, 05:42:50 pm »

London
HisGrace
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2019, 01:41:03 am »

Voted London, with Rome very close behind.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies